Shared Mines and Sulphite Rebalance

Delve is 3 weeks and players have reached 2k+ depth & crafted insane items that dwarf mirror tier items on standard. In another week or 2, imagine what will happen to number of players on the league...

This is the gamble that GGG is taking, either they scale up the grind in hopes that the players that are willing to grind will stay around longer to complete their challenges /totem pole.

Problem with this is that it also causes a good number of players who are plain tired the high tier map grind sustain and seeking for an alternative to nothing but mapping. Yes, Delve mining was never meant to be an alternative to mapping but GGG should have made it an alternative given how much work they put into it to make it as good as it currently is (excluding the sulphite issues).

GGG is juggling with a double edge sword and I feel they will catch the wrong end of the sword with the recent changes.

Instead of pouring out all the content in the get go, GGG really needs to consider making leagues develop over time to maintain a good number of players during each league. They could have easily made Delve:

Every 2 weeks, new global mods are added into entire Delve to spice things up

- Adding tempest into Delve so players will travel in other directions of Delve just to hunt for corrupting tempest

- Add barricades that block the crawler which players need to defend for a short while while Niko comes to clear it off

- Group of exiles or warbands that will ambush players as they are crawling from one node to another

- Adding Darkshrines to Delve nodes

- Outpost Delve nodes that reveals random nearby outpost (which reveals its surrounding nodes) so players can target their Delve direction

- Niko can modify the crawler now with more upgrades. Crawler can have shrine effects, auras, cast spells, attacks, etc. Think something like mobile version of Elreon's totem

- Adding an upgrade that let's Niko passively generate (find/mine) sulphite for players overtime,

- This would greatly help casual players by allowing them to access Delves more often without having to grind maps/quarry just to move a few nodes.

Just some ideas as I hope the perfect Delve as it is an awesome league so far...
[3.7]Chaos Agnostic - CRAZY Life & Mana Sustain!!!:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2590042

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
RIP delve league. It was fun while it lasted.... Now with increased sulphite costs and endless red map grind - fun is gone.
Long live Delve league!

Waiting for the next league, the challenges with delve bosses very RNG - cant do challenges easy with sulphite costs through the room cant explore delve cant find bosses cant play the game cant enjoy myself.

So long Delve...
"
174nana wrote:
GGG is juggling with a double edge sword and I feel they will catch the wrong end of the sword with the recent changes.

Let's say that they're juggling with knives and that one of hte knives fell down on their foot, and now they need to patch the foot up somehow, otherwise the whole thing is going to fail very soon.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 21, 2018, 12:49:27 AM
"
174nana wrote:
Delve is 3 weeks and players have reached 2k+ depth & crafted insane items that dwarf mirror tier items on standard. In another week or 2, imagine what will happen to number of players on the league...

This is the gamble that GGG is taking, either they scale up the grind in hopes that the players that are willing to grind will stay around longer to complete their challenges /totem pole.

Problem with this is that it also causes a good number of players who are plain tired the high tier map grind sustain and seeking for an alternative to nothing but mapping. Yes, Delve mining was never meant to be an alternative to mapping but GGG should have made it an alternative given how much work they put into it to make it as good as it currently is (excluding the sulphite issues).

Instead of pouring out all the content in the get go, GGG really needs to consider making leagues develop over time to maintain a good number of players during each league. They could have easily made Delve:

Every 2 weeks, new global mods are added into entire Delve to spice things up

- Adding tempest into Delve so players will travel in other directions of Delve just to hunt for corrupting tempest

- Add barricades that block the crawler which players need to defend for a short while while Niko comes to clear it off

- Group of exiles or warbands that will ambush players as they are crawling from one node to another

- Adding Darkshrines to Delve nodes

- Outpost Delve nodes that reveals random nearby outpost (which reveals its surrounding nodes) so players can target their Delve direction

- Niko can modify the crawler now with more upgrades. Crawler can have shrine effects, auras, cast spells, attacks, etc. Think something like mobile version of Elreon's totem

- Adding an upgrade that let's Niko passively generate (find/mine) sulphite for players overtime,

- This would greatly help casual players by allowing them to access Delves more often without having to grind maps/quarry just to move a few nodes.

Just some ideas as I hope the perfect Delve as it is an awesome league so far...

GGG should just let us have fun at leagues tbh. Who cares if we all run around with gear that is amazing? what is the problem if all masters are on eight, if we have shaper items...?

It does not hurt anyone, but we finally have fun.
The cost fuel is amazing.. 900sup on t11-12 witch no investment. Cost a ride 2.5-3k (278lvl mine. GGG n/c
"
174nana wrote:
Delve is 3 weeks and players have reached 2k+ depth

1 streamer with a full support crew has reached 2k+ depths. 6 players total.

Let's nerf the game for everybody because of 1 streamer! What can possibly go wrong?
"
174nana wrote:

……

……

For low level players, it's not a double edge sword , it's a guillotine.
"
Alea wrote:
"
Note that we do not plan to share Sulphite between characters on your account. It is important that you are capable of earning the Sulphite on the character that needs to spend it.

This just sucks because it serialize the gameplay.
1 single character, one single clickclicklick for both delve AND map, ruining the feeling.

it's already too much having to do 2 endgames at the same time. why do you want to make running 2 chars (farmer and delver) mandatory?

you got enought playtime at your hands?? good for you.
Hey GGG,

could you PLEASE reduce those insane delve costs? I`m spending 3-5hours farming maps to be able to delve for 30mins or so. If I die in a long delve 2.4k Sulphite gone. And increase the max Sulphite back to 30k again. What good is it to increase Sulphite gain per map if its sooo fucking expensive to move 1 section. It`s the best league I`ve ever played but those costs are just unacceptable. The usuals RNG stuff is bad enough but with cheaper moving one could at least start looking around a bit. 18k is just way too little to do much down there. And then it`s back to hours of mapping.
We also don't share mines anymore on top of not sharing sulfite. Both my mines are different between two characters while the new character i just made has random nodes completed from my main.

Wtf sense does this make. If I dont share sulfite fine, I shouldnt share nodes either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info