Shared Mines and Sulphite Rebalance

Welcome changes, at least so far as the league is concerned.
I'm a little more interested in how Delve is going to work post league when/if it gets grandfathered in.

My biggest issue is that the sulfur undermines the infinite scrolling dungeon exploration which is it's main claim to fame. As does the mine being delved by leveling rather then exploration. (but I expect the latter is league specific)
I understand why these are a thing so far as testing and play for the league, but should delve be added to the game, I hope these mechanics will be left by the wayside.

Ideally, what I want, is an alternate end game experience from Mapping.
Because I hate mapping. Specifically I hate the constant start and stop, fiddly items, schizophrenic nature of it.
I just want to point myself in a direction and go, without having the game tell me I have to stop and go back because reasons.

I want the infinite exploration.
That's not to say that resource management shouldn't be a thing, only that you should be able to be self sufficient within the mine, without having to do mapping or something else just to delve in the first place.

And what I wouldn't give for a hooded lantern.
To be honest, I think that as it stands, the league mechanic is pretty great! Though I am not one to have delved down to depths 1000 plus as of yet, so maybe take that into account.

If you want to re-balance sulphite mechanics somewhat to make obtaining from maps more attractive, that's fine (I have been using maps rather than world zones anyway.)

Though I was surprised to see that mines were unique per character rather than account bound, I don't see it to be ultra necessary to change to a single mine per account (though in comparison to other account bound access mechanics like masters, labyrinth and atlas, it seems acceptable).

Perhaps a better alternative to single account-bound delve would be character unique delves as is, but influenced by your deepest delve - i.e. instead of stopping at delve 70 or whatever, Niko would delve to a deeper level in a straight line, based off your deepest delve (maybe 50, maybe 60, maybe 70 percent of its depth) - over time spent in maps and zones, as is already the case... I feel like this would overcome a number of concerns with the current delve-per-character setup, particularly in terms of catch-up mechanic to get to the deep delves in good order, without sacrificing too much of the unique delving opportunities available at this time.

Maybe in next league we won't have to play 90% standard to enjoy 10% league content.
Delve was great as a concept but poorly executed. Having to play the same and same maps with the same non existing map drops just to enjoy 10 minutes of the league concept sucks.
"
Chris wrote:

Because the mine scales infinitely side-to-side, if you want to have a fresh Delve experience on a new character, just travel sideways off your current path and head downwards from there.

Note that we do not plan to share Sulphite between characters on your account. It is important that you are capable of earning the Sulphite on the character that needs to spend it.

I can understand the need to rebalance the sulphite gathering rewards to the area challenge. I don't see the lack of sulphite sharing between characters that much different than the lack of lab ascendancy point sharing.

I don't think characters should share delves, unless it has become a server resource issue. If that is the case, then allow characters a different lateral starting point on the same delve mine.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
So it's still "Run 100500 maps, to devle for 15 minutes"? Cuz thats how it feels right now on 200+ level
when will the new update be?
when will the new update be?
player's demand : we don't want delve locked behind a grind
ggg's response : we'll make the grind harder but with bigger yields

You really don't get it.
People are asking for content alternative to maps and instead we get content that forces you to play maps.
I swear the only reason delve is even ""available"" at the coast is only because it's introduced with a league. Had you not made a league you would have locked it entirely behind maps, like uber lab (which takes forever to unlock in SSF).
Last edited by SPTX on Sep 15, 2018, 9:01:04 AM
I think GGG is having an identity crisis with Delve.

Is Delve supposed to be another league mechanic which is tied into mapping, such as Abyssal Depths and Incursion temples? Or is it supposed to be an end-game alternative to mapping such as the Uber Labyrinth?

I get the impression the community wants delve to be an alternative to mapping. So when GGG comes out and says 'Hey, we're listening to the feedback and now you'll have to map even more to access Delve' I question if they listened to any feedback at all.

Let's look at Uber Lab:
- you need only to map enough to discover and complete the 6 dream trials in order to access Uber Lab.
- Access is account-wide and thus only needs to be unlocked once per league.
- You do not have to find an Offering to the Goddess on the character which will be running the lab.
- You can buy offerings from other players
- You don't need to map more to run more labs.

Delve access should work similar and have it truly be an alternative to mapping. GGG's upcoming changes make it sound like access to the mines will be tied behind Red Maps which aren't terribly sustainable... which is pretty much the death of Delve league to me. Maps are also quite expensive so even if you wanted to simply purchase maps in the same way a lab runner would purchase offerings; what you receive for the cost is terrible compared to the cost and reward for lab running.

Mapping used to be enjoyable for me. War of the Atlas changed that. It introduced new content gated behind mapping and now it's a chore I must perform in order to do the content I want to do. When I'm tired after a month of mapping, I simply quit the league and return 2-3 months later - And when I return, GGG throws me right back into the very thing I quit the game over (mapping fatigue). It's actually worse because not only do I START a league with mapping fatigue, but I also have to build up my atlas completion all over again which is pure cancer.

Delve: Something to briefly do after a TON of mapping.
-is that what the community is asking for, GGG?
"
Ordemarebys wrote:
So it's still "Run 100500 maps, to devle for 15 minutes"? Cuz thats how it feels right now on 200+ level

no it will be 50500 maps to delve for 7 minutes since price will be higher at deeper levels (unless they raise the sulphite cap to, at least, 15k)
https://www.twitch.tv/boredmga
Can we PLAESE get a fix for prime resonators . Still haven’t found one .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info