[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
vonwolven wrote:
Looking forward to 3.7 update

I hope! Looks like changes to Cyclone at least in 3.7. I don't know what it might mean though? I guess we'll have to wait to more info from GGG?

Looks like 3.7 will be big buffs
Cyclone without the Heralds cuts damage way down but if the only change is that Cyclone itself is buffed it would be a nice buff overall I think, even if the Holy Relic damage isn't buffed along with it?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
In the 3.7 manifesto it states that HoAg will get less damage per virulence Stack.
How badly would that effect this build as I plan on switching my lvl 92 templar in standard into it to get my first lvl 100.
I know patch notes should be out by the end of the day I just wanted your opinion on that change.
hmm

seems big nerf to HoA?

Herald of Agony
Now causes Agony Crawler to deal 6% increased physical damage per virulence you have at gem level 1 (from 10%), up to 12% at gem level 20 (from 19%).

Only nerf u think?

J
"
jubsey wrote:
hmm

seems big nerf to HoA?

Herald of Agony
Now causes Agony Crawler to deal 6% increased physical damage per virulence you have at gem level 1 (from 10%), up to 12% at gem level 20 (from 19%).

Only nerf u think?

J

Based on my PoB in the guide (with Maim instead of Phantasm in links) this is about a 25% damage nerf for just Herald of Agony (remembering we still get 200k+ dps from other minions). If you want to test this yourself, set virulence stacks to 40 and add this line Minions deal 280% reduced damage to a flask and toggle on (note this will also reduce other damage calculations, hence why you do it on a flask you can toggle).

Overall the build is absolutely still playable and one I'd recommend for 3.7 give the HUGE quality of life buffs we have with Cyclone. I'll update the main guide before league start - feel free to respond here or message me any questions you have in the meantime.
Last edited by systemplayerlost on Jun 5, 2019, 3:27:19 AM
Hot damn, just found this build for first time and it looks amazing. I love cyclone, and I love summoners.

The Herald of Agony nerf does seem a bit scary though. :(
"
Jurvi wrote:
Hot damn, just found this build for first time and it looks amazing. I love cyclone, and I love summoners.

I did Shaper on a 5L underleveled - adding a 6th link more than compensates for the HoAG nerf. If you like the build go for it in 3.7!
"
Jurvi wrote:

I did Shaper on a 5L underleveled (videos section) - adding a 6th link more than compensates for the HoAG nerf to compare the damage/playstyle. If you like the build go for it in 3.7!
Last edited by systemplayerlost on Jun 5, 2019, 6:32:32 AM
"
"
Jurvi wrote:

I did Shaper on a 5L underleveled (videos section) - adding a 6th link more than compensates for the HoAG nerf to compare the damage/playstyle. If you like the build go for it in 3.7!

Do you have any ideas on how to use Cyclone with CwC + something else?
Or you think it will be a waste?
The "rework" on cyclone seems great so I was wondering if it's worth changing something. Like Cyclone + Dom Blow?
Last edited by Bollacha on Jun 5, 2019, 12:25:41 PM
What I like best about the build is that it is very tanky. A small Herald of Agony nerf shouldn't hurt much especially if cyclone is buffed a bit.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info