[3.4] Ghost in the Delve - Permanent Phasing Cold Cyclone QOTF. 1M+ Dps for bossing.

Absolutely loving this build so far. Dropped a couple of exalts on it already but its totally worth it.

The peeps struggling with mana sustain whilst leveling should also consider using a thief's torment. It solves all your mana problems if you want to run cyclone earlier.
I finally got a Gemini Claw, though ahead of the level I can use it. I used my few Orbs of Alchemy and didn't end up with what I was aiming for.

Why do the most useful currencies have to be so darned hard to come by?

And how on earth do people start a new league and sprint to a top build with good gear?

The only reason I could do this build is because I spent a third of the League building a lesser character that found the gear and currencies I use on this one, and it's still not enough.

I love this game, but after four months and multiple characters, it's still a bit frustrating. Okay, done venting.

I am very thankful I found this build. It was a happy accident.
I would not try to roll the claw with alchemy orbs. While you theoretically get more chances to roll the mod per orb, the orbs become very expensive very quickly like you mention. I bought a shaped gemini claw very cheap, scoured it, made it blue, and then spammed alteration orbs at it. It took several hundred but the mod finally showed up, and then I was able to use a regal orb to make it rare and get some more mods (only one more in my case, but it was enough!)

The best part is that you can fund this yourself, just pick up any rare loot as you go, only 2x2 size pieces if you're finding a lot, then identify and sell it all, you should be getting a lot of alts and a good number of augmentations too, and keep throwing them into that claw and eventually you should see the mod (assuming it is shaped, and at least ilevel 68).

As for the people with extreme speed, it mostly comes down to knowledge and experience. They know builds that start strong and scale well into the endgame (not this one for instance, since we rely on a level 72 claw!), and they also know what people are going to want to buy but not be able to farm, and will rush those items to make tons of currency. A general level of market savvy goes a long way into making the really good players stand out as well. It all comes with time, and on the flip side it's completely possible to enjoy everything the game offers without getting into that stuff at all!
I'm currently running this build, and it is very fun! Since I want to do some bossing with this character, I have opted for blade flurry full-time (switching in/out increased and conc effect), along with a 40% blade flurry damage helm enchant. I'm confused as to why you don't take the claws of the pride node, since it gives a whopping 10% damage boost in Path of building! It's in the cold steel radius and is very very good. On top of that, the Winter Spirit node is also incredibly efficient, at least for me, since it gives the build more base cold damage to increase. I'm also running astramentis instead of the pandemonius, which makes resistances a little tight, but frees up other passives since I don't need int or str nodes anymore, and it also provides a bunch of base cold damage, as well as boosting the damage increase from cyclopean coil!!. I have also chosen not to take acuity, as I find myself simply not needing it. Currently running red maps with over 90% accuracy thanks to my ice golem. Let me know what you think of these changes!!
Thanks KoboldCommando. I did throw about 500 alts at it with no luck. I have yet to find a shaped Gemini Claw for sale. They are rare. If I find one, I'll give your method a try.

Still no Shaped Gemini Claw. I keep finding shaped items, but not that one. Level five maps seem to be my top without dying and losing experience. Delve with level 70 monsters is my cap. I keep dying trying to get the Merciless Trial. Any suggestions?
Last edited by KingJim2939 on Oct 15, 2018, 2:17:17 PM
First want to thank harrow for the great build.
And a small tip for all trying to craft the claw.
I used only Cold Fossils and here is the result:

Not perfect but will divine the cold stacking and will be a good start.

Cheers and good luck to everyone.
Poor_Exile
I'm about ready to trade. For one Shaped Gemini Claw, I have:

3 Shaped Helmets
2 Shaped Body Armor
1 Shaped Belt
3 Shaped Gloves
1 Shaped Shield
1 Shaped Quiver
1 Shaped One-Handed Mace

Oh, well. Maybe tomorrow. lol
Last edited by KingJim2939 on Oct 16, 2018, 10:10:16 PM
your life is too low,4k+ is too low to play happily
Best I've been able to do with this gear, and resistance rings. You are right though.
I swear I'm not trying to hog the thread. I'm level 85, have most of the tree, and all but the Merciless Lab. Yet, my DPS is listed just over 10k per Path of Building and the build creator's DPS is 717k. What is it that makes that big a difference? I just got the cold damage per dexterity, but it doesn't add that kind of difference. Harrow's main hand damage is just way higher than mine and I don't see where that comes from. I just want to understand. Thanks.

I'm also confused about some things in Path of Building. Harrow's build shows three socket groups and lists Cyclone and Blade Furry together. Mine shows one and lists them separately.
Last edited by KingJim2939 on Oct 19, 2018, 7:25:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info