Occultist CI Toxic Rain - Tri-Curse / Fast Tanky Clear / Uber Elder / Deep Delver

ok so just rerolled from an ele BV , build is super nice and smooth to play! so what upgrades can we get for MOAR damages ? i know about the bow +3 and empower lvl 4 , is this all ?

also the three got 3 jewel slot , do we need to put 2 spreading rot ? so we have only 1 jewel node left?

ty for advices , peace
thanks for the guide,loving it so far .Noob question ,where's your minion ?
Also do you manually cast blight ?
Last edited by GlacialSpike on Sep 30, 2018, 7:21:21 AM
I have to say this has become one of my favorite builds ever. I have put a lot of time into it and want to thank you very much for posting it.

Not the fastest Shaper kill I've ever done but it certainly felt like the easiest and was by no means slow.
Spoiler

I made some minor adjustments to the tree to my preference and gear needs but yours was a great starting point.

Spoiler

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
"
GlacialSpike wrote:
No minion. I started off using Herald of Agony but dropped it because it wasn't worth the gem slots. If you carefully read the nodes on the tree you will see that the minion damage and attack speed applies to us, that's why we take those nodes. I don't cast Blight at all, I use Vaal Blight for the extra damage in boss fights.

"
lKaNz wrote:
ok so just rerolled from an ele BV , build is super nice and smooth to play! so what upgrades can we get for MOAR damages ? i know about the bow +3 and empower lvl 4 , is this all ?

also the three got 3 jewel slot , do we need to put 2 spreading rot ? so we have only 1 jewel node left?

ty for advices , peace
I only use 1 of those jewels, not worth using 2 IMO. As for MOAR damages all you can really get at this point is % chaos damage on gear using Fossils/Essences. Unfortunately due to how DoT scales there is a hard ceiling on what you can get even with GG gear. Luckily that ceiling is high enough that you can do literally everything in the game!

@xHavoCx Congrats! I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it :D. That's how I felt doing Shaper as well, yes you can do it faster on other builds, but I've never done it smoother or easier. I never once felt that I was in any danger of dying and the DPS was still enough that it felt very smooth.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Sep 30, 2018, 1:18:42 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
GlacialSpike wrote:
No minion. I started off using Herald of Agony but dropped it because it wasn't worth the gem slots. If you carefully read the nodes on the tree you will see that the minion damage and attack speed applies to us, that's why we take those nodes. I don't cast Blight at all, I use Vaal Blight for the extra damage in boss fights.

"
lKaNz wrote:

ty for advices , peace
I only use 1 of those jewels, not worth using 2 IMO. As for MOAR damages all you can really get at this point is % chaos damage on gear using Fossils/Essences. Unfortunately due to how DoT scales there is a hard ceiling on what you can get even with GG gear. Luckily that ceiling is high enough that you can do literally everything in the game!

@xHavoCx Congrats! I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it :D. That's how I felt doing Shaper as well, yes you can do it faster on other builds, but I've never done it smoother or easier. I never once felt that I was in any danger of dying and the DPS was still enough that it felt very smooth.

thanks ever so much for clarification..I was thinking we needed a minion to have those effects ..silly me :)
Spoiler

"
Dmillz wrote:
"
WOMFT wrote:
yoz why does the path of building shows terrible dps for this build despite watching your vids and seeing it as not too bad.

i was looking at various build and the dps on another build
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2208830

is like a giant world of difference?

First off you need to import his PoB, go to Configuration, and change the "Is the Enemy a Boss" to Shaper for a proper comparison. Also make sure you turn on all the settings in my PoB to match his (Vaal Blight, Hinder, Flasks) because I keep that stuff off by default. It ends up being around 50% more DPS than this one.

That said this build is waaaaaay tankier than that one and it still has enough damage to clear everything very quickly.

Hey yo, thanks for the reply to my question, i might considering trying this build out possibly next league or could be this league once i finish my current build. Hope you great success in completing this guide for future/current reference. :D
I started league with something similar. A few things you can do to make qol much better is shaper base with mana on kill % or atziri chest with a 500+ es roll for easier colouring and mana on kill, then use vaal clarity for bosses. I run a watchers eye with es on hit and 15% chance to gain 10% mana on skill use and never go oom anymore no need for a flask with either of those ways. I started with witchfire but moved to impresence and dying sun when the funds allowed for it. So I started to run blasphemy tc, despair, discipline and enlighten on a 5link freeing up more mana to keep up with such high aps.
IAS is king here for damage try to push it as hard as you can I'm at 8.5 aps now and have roughly 2.5-3m shaper dps. Triple speed roll viridians give me more damage than 30% chaos damage jewels. Easy to make 30% chaos damage roll ones though just spam aberrant fossils on cobalts and hope for some es %/area damage too.
I was running increased duration in my TR links but moved to efficacy to get better use out of es on hit as the delay of pod explosions gets a bit risky when face tanking. Its a small dps loss in longer stuff like uber elder fights but anything t16 down just melts so I prefer the extra es on hit sooner. Don't worry about this unless you have a watchers eye with es on hit while using discipline.

Cwdt level 14 with summon lightning golem 16 (max attack speed from it) immortal call cold snap works nicely together. I now run ball lightning for the es on hit from watcher eye, when taking hits helps a lot in the darkness in delves. With a frenzy on kill corruption quill rain to get my charges. Another option is use intuitive leap and grab overcharged 8% the mana 25% node and bigger es node in that right side above scion to get frenzy and endurance charges. I currently run self cast enduring cry as stuff is starting to hit pretty hard past 250 delve depth.

This is my setup if you want to make any comparisons/find ideas that might help you push further.

POB: https://pastebin.com/NpFBYyYF

POB for how I was a while ago much cheaper level 90 setup

https://pastebin.com/bvH3WKcK

Spoiler
Last edited by _KaOtiC_ on Oct 1, 2018, 2:18:00 AM
Thanks for the good build guide, I'm at lv. 56, easy to level with it.
I have a question: I can't see in your gear stats like "xx% increased chaos damage" or "added chaos damage to attacks" (except quiver ofc). It worth searching for items containing this stats, or aren't so important for Toxic rain mechanics ? Also "Added chaos damage support" gem give less efficacy than any other Toxic rain support gems ? (I guess you already experimented it...)
Thanks in advance for the reply.
Anyone have an idea how to improve the damage to farming guardians/shaper ??

I Thinking maybe use a +3 bow and drop mirage archer for empower lvl 4 for these boss fights, and using a quill rain on swap for map clearing.

what you guys think about this idea ??

if anyone have any sugestion, please let me know.
seems interesting, do you have a video on how this build performs against the uber elder?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info