Occultist CI Toxic Rain - Tri-Curse / Fast Tanky Clear / Uber Elder / Deep Delver

Added video of Phoenix kill. First attempt of the league, deathless with no issues at all, one of the easiest kills I've ever had.

You can really see the power of all the builds defensive layers (temp chains/chill/hinder..etc).

More guardian fights coming soon!

Edit: Added Hydra and some Delving.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Sep 13, 2018, 8:34:55 PM
I've started levelling something similar. Going a slightly different way now though after hitting +1 gems on a skin of the loyal with the right colours. Lvl 28 (Possibly) TR was too tempting to miss out on.

So can't really afford to use Asenath's chant, need a higher ES helm really. BTW there is one person with a +1 toxic rain arrow enchant asenath's mark for sale, have never caught them online though!

One interesting belt option for delves is Ascent from flesh. High ES, bit of resists and phasing on energy shield recharge + move speed when phasing. I might use if I can spare the resists from a crystal belt.

If you're going to use that chest I would probably not bother with going ES unless you have some pretty insane gear in your other slots. I would lose almost 2300 ES by switching to it and I already have enough damage to clear everything in the game (I think, haven't done Uber Elder yet). I just don't find it worth it personally.

I'm shocked there was one listed, hopefully this means more will pop up. That said I wouldn't suggest paying too much for it because it just adds a little more spread for map clearing, it doesn't increase your single target at all.

That's a really good belt option, I'm going to add it to the OP as an option!
I don't understand your DPS... on PoB it says around 10k DoT dps... something wrong there, no ?
I actually just updated the Calculating DPS section last night where it shows you how it works.
"
Dmillz wrote:
I actually just updated the Calculating DPS section last night where it shows you how it works.

Sure.

But I still don't think there's a easy way to calculate the DPS...

E.g. how could we know that Vile Toxins is not a good support for it?

Vile Toxins says:

"Supported Skills deal 5% more Damage with Hits for each Poison on the Enemy, up to (6-9)"

and Toxic Rain says (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Toxic_Rain):

"The explosion of the Spore Pods also counts as a hit, triggering on hit effects such as Poison, Bleed, Health on hit. This can lead to a great number of applications of such on hit effects in a short time."

So am I crazy here? How to calculate that?
Well since we basically do 0 damage with hits it's pretty easily to calculate that as very useless! The damage we are doing is a Damage Over Time, the hit portion of Toxic Rain is doing basically nothing.

If you really wanted to calculate that in PoB has a setting for # of poisons on an enemy that you can check and it will add it to your DPS in there.
Last edited by Dmillz on Sep 15, 2018, 4:52:30 PM
why The leveling tree is not marked correctly?

I have a hard time copying :(
I don't know why it made it in 3.3 instead of 3.4 passives. I'll update them right now!
"
Dmillz wrote:
Well since we basically do 0 damage with hits it's pretty easily to calculate that as very useless! The damage we are doing is a Damage Over Time, the hit portion of Toxic Rain is doing basically nothing.

If you really wanted to calculate that in PoB has a setting for # of poisons on an enemy that you can check and it will add it to your DPS in there.

So the pods hit, but they don't count for damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info