[3.4]Soulwrest in Peace - A Dirt Cheap Summon Phantasms Build - Shaper Down w/ Video

Thanks for the build, but about the bandits, kill all or alira?
also i would like to know the ascendancy order
Last edited by Barrisnezio on Sep 27, 2018, 10:54:57 AM
"
Barrisnezio wrote:

Not the author but I'm lvl 90 with this build.

For bandits, I'd recommend killing all. Alira offers Mana regen, Crit multiplier, and Elemental Res. For this build, you shouldn't really have any problems with mana regen (you'll get plenty from Soulwrest anyways) and we don't benefit from crit. So unless you need the resistances really badly, I'd go for the 2 passive points.

Order of Ascendancies shouldn't matter too much. You can probably get to maps with a lot of different orders, but I went with:

Commander of Darkness - good offense and defense
Puppet Master - really nice for leveling with SRS
Mistress of Sacrifice - make our offerings even stronger
Invoker - more damage

Last edited by Catcus on Sep 28, 2018, 4:51:47 AM
"
Catcus wrote:
"
Barrisnezio wrote:

Not the author but I'm lvl 90 with this build.

For bandits, I'd recommend killing all. Alira offers Mana regen, Crit multiplier, and Elemental Res. For this build, you shouldn't really have any problems with mana regen (you'll get plenty from Soulwrest anyways) and we don't benefit from crit. So unless you need the resistances really badly, I'd go for the 2 passive points.

Order of Ascendancies shouldn't matter too much. You can probably get to maps with a lot of different orders, but I went with:

Commander of Darkness - good offense and defense
Puppet Master - really nice for leveling with SRS
Mistress of Sacrifice - make our offerings even stronger
Invoker - more damage

thank you, i am glad i wasn't wrong when i killed all the bandits, and about the ascendancy i think i will go with:

Puppet Master
Mistress of Sacrifice
Commander of Darkness
Invoker
Thanks for the build, it was pretty cheap and its pretty fun! I subbed in phase run instead of culling strikes and just go speeding through packs. Also I noticed convocation doesn't cancel phase run, which was interesting.
Last edited by RykieSilvers on Sep 28, 2018, 10:56:31 PM
Very nice build, trying something similar right now (without smite, since I use Volatile Dead to proc EE).

Since you don't need Smite buff for yourself, I'd rather use Victario's Influence with Hatred + Wrath + your Smite setup, for increased damage (and +1 to Smite level/+1 melee range, since Smite is tagged as Aura). Also, while clearing your phantasms don't need faster casting, since most enemies will die at first burst anyways. So being faster casting only effective while boss fighting, I'd drop it for faster proj, and drop culling strike for vaal haste (being VH affected by Lv30 Generosity, so it's actually even more effective than faster casting).

By this, your phantasms have the safety and clearspeed from Faster proj AND faster casting when really needed, at the same time. You don't have to choose just one of them. And you are also freeing Bubonic's gem slots, so you can get an extra setup (Phase run?) and even an extra abyss slot (further lowering the downside of dropping that Belly).

Edit: forgot to mention that this way, increased attack/cast speed on bosses affects all your minions, not only phantasms. Just a small unintended extra bonus.
Feel free to ckeck some skill suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253742
Last edited by Lykkoith on Oct 14, 2018, 6:17:56 AM
3440 hours of POE

This is the best build i`ve played so far.
thank you so much.

But allthough i`m almost level 90 now with this build, i still dont get what Phantasms do.

i got a level 20 SPOK from the Staff and a level 19 SPOK socketed and a level 20 gem that i`m about to sell with a GCP for Quality ...
so do the level 19 Phantasms deal less damage?
do level 21 Phantasms do more than those from the staff?

or does the socketed gem only increase the number of phantasms to 20 as i can have 20 just by consuming corpses?

Do Phantasms have a scaling Base damage?

or is it a fixed base and damage comes from wrath and hatred?

Does anyone know?
didnt find anything on the net.

I'm using this setup:

= 11 skeleton mages + 20 phantasms + 21 skeleton warriors + 9 skeleton archers + 5 skeleton mages and one skeleton general to lead my force ahah

Quick question.. Is it possible to run MOM with this build having two essnece worms rings for haste and hatred?
Hey, I'm really liking your build. I often feel kinda useless playing a summoner; putting cull and curse on Orb doesn't cut it :P

Although I'm just using Consecrated Path and not Smite (I couldn't be arsed to path over to AoF), the utility and teleport make me feel more useful. I put my skill on a Hungry Loop (added Maim) so I could have some QoL like Phase Run, and have my Bone offering on CWDT.

I'm wondering if you ever tested the Hypothermia/Increased Crit with the Host Chieftan, and if it was worth it? I have gems levelling, but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks again for a great build :)
this build is fantastic. but not freindly delve.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info