[3.4]Soulwrest in Peace - A Dirt Cheap Summon Phantasms Build - Shaper Down w/ Video

I'm not doing any Fire DMG with Added FIre support. It's just extra phys dmg as fire so technically i'm not doing any fire dmg with Cons Path. Or am i wrong there?

EDIT: am i not supposed to hit enemys with fire dmg so they resist fire and i my phantasams do lightening dmg?
Last edited by flekflekica on Sep 16, 2018, 3:09:26 PM
Right, since Added Fire is supporting the minions, it's adding fire damage to our minions. So you are right in that Added Fire in the staff is not adding Fire Damage to our attacks in that way.

BUT due to the Avatar of Fire Keystone, all of the player damage we do is Fire Damage, which procs EE, making enemies resist Fire Damage. Consecrated Path by default does Fire Damage, so that will also be proccing EE to make enemies resist Fire even if we do drop AoF.

So maybe what I would do if you can't get a staff with the colors (it's on AVG 80 or so chroms to get it colored correctly), is drop AoF and EE on the tree until you can. Our minions do enough damage that mapping without EE isn't a huge deal. It's just a nice damage increase for bossing.
Last edited by thegrocerygod on Sep 16, 2018, 4:59:03 PM
Can you help me with keystone EE pls. I don't know what type of damage phantasm do.My profile is https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/imabang318/characters
Do the links on Soulwrest affect the second set of phantasms (the ones summoned by the gem instead of the staff's explicit modifier)?

Like if I socket minion damage and phantasm on kill support into Soulwrest, will the minion damage support affect all phantasms? Or will it only affect the phantasms summoned through consuming corpses?
I've been doing something similar to this recently, and just wanted to pop in to give a ringing endorsement to Phase Run as a supplemental skill. Triggering the phantasm-summoning effect with Bubonic Trail does not clear the phase run buff, so I regularly find myself able to just sprint directly through packs totally unharmed while the spooky squad cleans them up. Now very glad I had an accidental extra green link.
"
Spoiler
I've been doing something similar to this recently, and just wanted to pop in to give a ringing endorsement to Phase Run as a supplemental skill. Triggering the phantasm-summoning effect with Bubonic Trail does not clear the phase run buff, so I regularly find myself able to just sprint directly through packs totally unharmed while the spooky squad cleans them up. Now very glad I had an accidental extra green link.

I absolutely agree. What's nice about Phase Run, too, is that we are getting frenzy charges from our chieftains, which means that it lasts longer too since it's consuming those.

I ran Phase Run for a really long time, but kind of landed on this iteration of everything. And by no means do you have to follow everything I did here, this is just what I've been doing and what has felt good to me. :)

"
Catcus wrote:
Spoiler
Do the links on Soulwrest affect the second set of phantasms (the ones summoned by the gem instead of the staff's explicit modifier)?

Like if I socket minion damage and phantasm on kill support into Soulwrest, will the minion damage support affect all phantasms? Or will it only affect the phantasms summoned through consuming corpses?

Yes, it will affect all summoned phantasms.
Last edited by thegrocerygod on Sep 17, 2018, 11:17:09 PM
Just put together this build and have been having a great time so far. But I do have a question. Why go with Consecrated Path instead of Leap Slam? Wouldn't Leap Slam be more reliable as a movement ability?

EDIT: Nevermind. After replacing my leveling gear which had some attack speed, I now see how slow Leap Slam is.
Last edited by Catcus on Sep 19, 2018, 11:15:34 PM
ignore this post, i was a dumbass.

If possible delete it.

have a nice day.
Last edited by LePrefo on Sep 21, 2018, 1:16:12 PM
Thanks for the guide. I have some dumb questions since I'm pretty new.

I didn't like Smite, so I'm using Arc to proc EE. If I understand correctly, with Avatar of Fire, Arc will do fire damage instead and make my minions do extra lightning/cold damage with EE and Auras?

Is it very important to use Smite for Fortify? I'm also using Phase Run instead of Consecrated Path.

I'm using Command of Pit gloves (I was SRS/Zombies earlier) so I have 1 less socket where you put Flesh Offering. If I understand how CWDT works, it wouldn't cast flesh offering anyway since it's too high level, is that right?

I linked flesh offering with phase run and increased duration.

Am I screwing up anything major with my gem choices?

Lastly, what direction should I head with skill points past 89? Just pick up 3x Jewel nodes and 1 more life/armor node? Or Profane Chemistry?
Last edited by parabolicity on Sep 26, 2018, 5:11:31 PM

My horrible gear linked above. I am still trying to improve it.

Few thoughts I have about this build. About to hit level 89 and I am loving it so far. about 50 hp off from 5k life so I am lacking a little there.

Some things I changed just so others may use it for some ideas. For anything below about t14, I have a second pair of Grip of the Council Arcanist Gloves that are GGRB and have Increased duration, Flesh offering, Phase Run, and Vaal Haste. This is perfect when you are running around mapping with GMP linked in your main weapon.

My other Grip of the Council gloves are RRRB with Increased duration, Flesh Offering, Immortal call, and Cast when Damage Taken. I switch to these when the mods are really high or I know there is about to be a major mob fight. I also switch out GMP for Slower Proj in my main hand.

With this set up you can run everything else as normal, while still running phase run and GMP for mapping. I have done entire T15s with my current setup, with the phase run gloves in, while using GMP successfully.

I really enjoy using Smite and Consecrated path in this build cause the Consecrated path can also zip your minions to you when Convocation is on cooldown.

The build can be a bit annoying to play when your minions are constantly dying as you are nonstop Flesh offering. I would also like it to be a little tankier or at least have some other damage mitigation strategy because at time I feel a bit squishy however I am destroying everything for the most part and loving it.

Edit: The chest piece is leftover from another build so I'm going to replace that with a belly soon, should get me another 200 hp or so.
Last edited by Multiplex55 on Sep 26, 2018, 7:11:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info