Scaling and balance in PvP and HoGM?

Is there any collected place for this information? It's really rough looking for it with google and the wiki is completely empty for it. I wouldn't mind going through the patches but there's been over 250 and I don't even know where to start.
Last bumped on Nov 30, 2018, 7:08:01 PM
PvP Damage scaling
Some changes are not listed in patchnotes, some values may be different from what used by the game. (the wiki page is up to date, but patchnotes are not reliable source of information)

What would you like to know?
Last edited by g64 on Sep 9, 2018, 5:26:30 PM
That doesn't say anything about curse effectiveness. I've read a different thing or two about it and not sure what to believe
Players and grandmasters are considered as 'normal' monsters (for mechanics that based on monster rarity). There is no special 'hidden' penalty for curses.
Yeah, I've been under the impression that curses had 40% reduced (additive with skill tree increased) effectiveness when cast by players against players. Temporal Chains in particular is what I've seen mentioned
Last edited by Owusup on Sep 9, 2018, 7:29:48 PM
New question, not sure if I should make a new post but whatever. How does T-Value work for skills that aren't overridden? How do you find the T-Value? Even if you have T-Value, does cast/attack change the T-Value? How would multistrike/spell echo affect it if faster casting/attacks does?
Also, on the same note, the T-value attacks, is it skill specific or is it affected by base weapon speed? I think it's safe to say movement skills are weapon independent, but you never know these days

Just noticed the wiki includes cast time for attacks and spells, I'm going to assume that's the T-Value unless specifically mentioned otherwise in the PvP scaling page on the wiki. Still leaves the question for base weapon speed and how attack/cast speed and multi-strike/spell echo interact with it, if it at all tho.
Last edited by Owusup on Nov 30, 2018, 6:10:40 PM
"
• “T” is the attack or cast time of the skill it comes from, or the assumed attack or cast time we have determined for that skill (see below).

You can find your attack/cast time on skill tooltip.
"
g64 wrote:
You can find your attack/cast time on skill tooltip.

I was aware of that. I guess I just gotta do some in game testing or figure out how to datamine.
T is just a name of variable in PvP damage scaling formula, nothing special. It can be overridden or not, that doesn't matter.

If a skill can be used 4 times per second then T = 0.25.
if skill attack time is 0.09 then it performs ~11 attacks/second and T = 0.09

Seriously, T is just an attack/cast time, what else you expect to see?
After a little testing it looks like you're right. I got a small sample size, but it doesn't vary too much anyways. Kinda disappointing that more attack speed means less damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info