[3.4 DSC] Elementalist Consecrated Path Facebreaker (No Abyssus required!!)

Introduction
In 3.4 Delve, we have newly introduced Gems, a) Herald of Purity & b) Consecrated Path.
While many other build focus on using Herald of Purity for hybrid minion/melee, I looked into different window for its use.
Here I give a shot for making a facebreaker build as elementalist.

Gameplay Vides
Hydra Kill ("Less AOE" was in map option): https://youtu.be/YWyItkENn9Q
** seems there is an error in youtube that makes the video x2 speed somehow.

Pros and Cons
Pros
- No Abyssus helmet required -> More Tanky (w/ AA, Acrobatic & Phase acrobatic)
- All map mode capable (except no leech)
- can be cheaper (no 6L Loreweave required -> just use 5L Shroud is better than 5L Loreweave)
- Good regen from Consecrated Path & Nodes

Cons
- low attack speed (If you want to use Consecrated path as fast as Flicker strike, this is not the build for you).
- It's melee....

Passive Tree / PoB link
 Skill Tree: https://goo.gl/cFvVK8
 PoB: https://pastebin.com/iiBSgdxc
 Bandit: Kill All
 Ascendancy Order: Mastermind of Discord -> Paragon of Calamity -> Liege of the Primordial

Build Mechanism
1)From the elementalist's node "Mastermind of Discord", all herald used have 25% increased effect & 25% reduced mana reservation, and 25% damage penetration.
1.a) Consecrated Path has 50% Physical-to-Fire conversion, and the left 50% will be converted into lightning damage with Physical-to-Lightning support.
By running Herald of Ashe and Herald of Thunder, we get free 25% penetration.
1.b) Herald of Purity grants flat physical damage which can be great damage source for facebreaker builds. This becomes maximum utilization by 25% increased effect node & extra gem level from the shield (Vix Lunaris
) with empower.

2) Using RT will be useful in early leveling since it provides 100% accuracy chance. But once you're leveled up, utilizing EO (elemental Overlord) will give more damage.
EO can be triggered very easily by CWDT - Orb of Storm.

Gem Setup
Spoiler

- Consecrated Path - Melee Physical Damage support - Elemental Attack damage support - Physical-to-Lightning support - Elemental Focus/FasterAttack/Concentrated Effect
- (Shield) Herald of Purity – Empower
- Vaal Ancestral Warchief - Shield Charge - Faster Attack - Fortify
- Arctic Armour
- Summon Ice Golem
- Immortal Call – Cast when damage taken - Orb of Storm - Inc.Duration
- Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ashe

Item Choices
Spoiler

a) Core Uniques
Facebreaker

Vix Lunaris

* Only 4C (09.07.18)
* Solaris shield is also good, but the cannot be frozen modifier from Lunaris is better.

b) Body Armour

For 5L, Shroud is better than Loreweave & For 6L, Loreweave is the best.

c) Ring & Amulet with Good Flat Physical damage & Elemental Damage

My Gears used for recording the video
Spoiler

What can makes this build stronger?
0) Good roll on Loreweave
1) Better Jewels/Rings/Amulets
2) Vix Lunaris - corrupted with +1 Socketed Gem Level & LV3~4 Empower (The one in video is not currupted & LV2 Empower).
3) Facebreaker with Elemental Weakness on Hit corruption.
4) Using Abyssus helmet will boost damage significantly, but it will cost your life.

** Leave Comments for questions please. I will reply as fast as I can. Thank you for reading my guide. Good Luck and Have Fun!

Last edited by krinsk2011 on Sep 25, 2018, 1:09:48 PM
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2019, 2:13:39 PM
This looks really cool!
Playing this at this very moment. Lvl 52 and going through content like butter.
i just finished all acts and i was tryin to switch to your build, but i have huge problems with my resists and dmg output overall.

u really have to get some currency before u can fully trans. to this build.
Quick question. Do you use attack without moving option when using a skill like this?
how far would you say the build can go with 5L shroud over the 6L loreweave? for ppl that cant quite afford the 6L yet :P
Yes, use attack without moving is my default.
As soon as an enemy is within CS's detection range, it will automatically teleport to it.
So no problem.
"
Quick question. Do you use attack without moving option when using a skill like this?

Yes, use attack without moving is my default.
As soon as an enemy is within CS's detection range, it will automatically teleport to it.
So no problem.
I was using it 5L Shroud until like 10min before I record the video (TY for my 1st Loreweave took 2k fuse for nothing) - So was upto T15 / Delve Lv 285ish.
So no problem using 5L shroud at all for most of purpose.
"
YAWA33 wrote:
how far would you say the build can go with 5L shroud over the 6L loreweave? for ppl that cant quite afford the 6L yet :P

I was using it 5L Shroud until like 10min before I record the video (TY for my 1st Loreweave took 2k fuse for nothing) - So was upto T15 / Delve Lv 285ish.
So no problem using 5L shroud at all for most of purpose.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info