[3.4] Herald of Agony Pathfinder [Uber Elder, Uber Atziri, Shaper Down | HC Viable]

"
Iceyblue wrote:
why dont you need to link quill rain?

You can start the build with Blasphemy+Projectile Weakness or Poacher's Mark and just a random 4 link of Toxic Rain - GMP - Poison - Blood Magic. Once you get a 6 link, drop Blasphemy in favor of Hatred and add Curse on Hit + curse of choice to your TR links.
First off, I love the concept of this build! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

I'm currently only level 32 but holy cow with the 6L HoA setup in my Tabula I'm quickly seeing how insane the crawler's damage is. I have a perfect Coming Calamity in my stash that just doesn't seem to want to 6L though... ~1000 fusings gone already. :(

I will post again once I've leveled her up some more but I am definitely enjoying the experience (other than deleting all these fusings) so far. Thanks again.
A quick followup and question!

My character is 80 now and breezing through content. Running two six links (finally) and loving the playstyle. My crawler is an absolute beast and destroys all in his path. Thank you again for such an enjoyable and unique build.

Now for the question. What are your thoughts on Culling Strike as a 6th link in my Quill Rain? I'm running Maim as my 5th link and switch it out sometimes for Life on Hit (I'm using a Poacher's Mark on Hit ring) during fights where I feel it's needed. However I can't decide if I really like Blind as my 6th link as it sort of feels impotent, and I'm curious if Culling Strike could be a better choice. Thoughts?
"
Grim0ire wrote:
A quick followup and question!

My character is 80 now and breezing through content. Running two six links (finally) and loving the playstyle. My crawler is an absolute beast and destroys all in his path. Thank you again for such an enjoyable and unique build.

Now for the question. What are your thoughts on Culling Strike as a 6th link in my Quill Rain? I'm running Maim as my 5th link and switch it out sometimes for Life on Hit (I'm using a Poacher's Mark on Hit ring) during fights where I feel it's needed. However I can't decide if I really like Blind as my 6th link as it sort of feels impotent, and I'm curious if Culling Strike could be a better choice. Thoughts?

The question you ask is really situational.

For example, in a Shaper fight, both blind and culling strike would be useless in the first 2 phases. Which in that case I would consider throwing in a GMP or faster attacks for better stacking instead. In phase 3 of the fight you can then consider swapping with culling strike.

General farming in maps and delves would often require more crowd controls like blind, knockback and chance to flee rather than culling strike. If your minion cannot one-shot mobs you are definitely doing it wrong.

I have a complete set of gem choices explained in my guide (link in signature) where you can take a reference of later.
I play builds that guarantee to be destroyed in 4 months.
Good build, yet on leveling seems very tasty. Any advices on MF? Can he?
i want to try this build on HC any advice on change i can make ?

thx mate
Isn't it better to skip those minion passives in witch and templar area and get more life or something. You already have 19x40=760% increased damage from herald of agony at max stacks virulence. Dimishing returns kick in.

Spirit offering might also be better than flesh offering considering the amount of physical damage herald of agony has.

Another thing i thought about was adding some flat fire or lightning damage somewhere on a piece of gear or jewel. Generosity+hatred open up the possibility of elemental equlibrium. And getting ee is putting you close to scion life wheel.

I don't know just some thoughts.
Last edited by kompaniet on Nov 1, 2018, 6:27:14 PM
Lvl 69. Got an aul amulet with purity of elements and a watcher's eye granting me chaos resistance with poe.
Not much interest here by the looks of it but i decided to try out my ideas from the previous post. So far so good. About 1 million dps with the tail spikes (split arrow type) projectiles in pob.
On my todo list: Figure out if minion accuracy is of any importance here.

Last edited by kompaniet on Nov 4, 2018, 3:51:06 PM
"
tordana wrote:
"
killerx09 wrote:
Why damage on Full Life? Isn't that universally bad for everything?

Also, if you only have a 5L, what gem would you consider dropping on the herald?

The crawler can't take damage, therefore it's always on full life. It's just a straight up 49% more damage multiplier.

And Vicious Projectiles is the one to drop in a 5L. You sacrifice some damage, but less damage than dropping DoFL or Minion Damage and Speed/Pierce are required for clear speed to be good.

opps

I asked a dumb question.

I like your build, here's my take on it so far. Thank you for the guide.
Last edited by Ms_Fabulous on Nov 4, 2018, 5:37:04 PM
You say this is HC viable, but then say you have 6k life. Isn't that kind of low for HC, where I would expect something like 8-9k life?

Also, since the only goal of quill rain is to stack virulence, is it a good idea to replace it with a +3 bow, socket the herald there, and use a +4 empower instead of the lowest dps gem. A level 5 empower + level 21(+3) HoA would be level 28 HoA, which considering is a minion could be a good DPS boost.

Another question is if the enchant is worth the 40% dps loss from a bone helmet.

How does this build function as a league starter? I plan to use it for HC Betrayal league start and hoped it could function well without the calming calamity atleast till yellow maps when I could afford one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info