[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

Please be gentle I'm new... How is this man generating any mana? I'm so lost.
"

Please be gentle I'm new... How is this man generating any mana? I'm so lost.

Mostly from "Fuel The Fight" node from large cluster jewel. It grants 0.4% of attack damage leeched as mana.
Other source of mana gen is +# mana gained for each enemy hit by your attacks from regular jewels.
ooo I feel sheepish, I missed that some how. Thank you.
I am currently level 91, just got the grelwood shank with fortify on hits and found out that I do not gain fortify stacks. Looked at patch notes on fortify, read some comments in this thread, and realised that I will not be gaining fortification stacks with molten strike versus bosses.

Is this build not viable anymore? By viable I mean: Can I defeat all endgame bosses? I'm new to the game and so far have not been able to kill Sirus on any of my 2 characters. But I would like to do so, and progress beyond (elder, shaper, maven maybe?).

Any tips? Should I pivot to another sword instead of grelwood, in order to have stronger melee hits and actually gain fortification stacks, or do something more radical?
I've noticed something weird and i don't know if that makes sense or not.
I was testing my new monitor yesterday and went to Act 10 just to see how the whole thing works without "spending" high level maps. It appears that lower level monsters allow you to reach max stacks of fortify much easily. Killing literally 3-4 monsters there got my fortify stacks to 26 immediately. I was confused so I tested a bit more and it seems like it's working like that - the lower the level of the monster is the easier it is to gain fortify stacks.
That confused me because fortify is based on the damage dealt, right? And the damage dealt is always the same regardless of the monster level, isn't it?
Can someone please explain this because I might not fully understand how it works.
"
Spelac wrote:
I've noticed something weird and i don't know if that makes sense or not.
I was testing my new monitor yesterday and went to Act 10 just to see how the whole thing works without "spending" high level maps. It appears that lower level monsters allow you to reach max stacks of fortify much easily. Killing literally 3-4 monsters there got my fortify stacks to 26 immediately. I was confused so I tested a bit more and it seems like it's working like that - the lower the level of the monster is the easier it is to gain fortify stacks.
That confused me because fortify is based on the damage dealt, right? And the damage dealt is always the same regardless of the monster level, isn't it?
Can someone please explain this because I might not fully understand how it works.

i think they mentioned something about it being related to ailment threshold.
"
Alfred2000 wrote:
I have been following this guide and playing with this build prior to 3.16. As a result of the changes in 3.16, I modified the build to a crit one and would like to share it here. This crit build is as tanky as before with respectable dps. It requires minimal changes in gears and gems. The only major item I changed is the Weapon and use more cluster jewels. Instead of using Grelwood Shank, I use Paradoxica which has a higher crit base and scales very well with flat added damage. This is my PoB for your information:

https://pastebin.com/qpj5G3BS

Some benefits of turning the build into crit base include:

- Higher dps potential.
- Higher chance to ignite which is good for "Immolation Support" as well as the Fire Mastery node "Recover 2% of Life when you ignite a non-ignited Enemy".
- The loss of 2 projectiles by using Paradoxica is well compensated by the higher dps of the weapon. More importantly, both the strike and ball damages are substantially higher which makes reaching max fortification easier. I pretty much achieve max fortification with one hit most of the time.

Hope this post is useful to some of you who still want to stick with Molten Strike.

one problem that wildfire has changed to have less proj / and chain .. any alternative for it ?
@memonemo

This guide made it quite clear that you ONLY use the legacy Wildfire if you play this build in Standard (dirt cheap to buy in Standard). Never ever use the current version Wildfire as it is absolute garbage for this build, especially for single target.
Last edited by Alfred2000 on Nov 27, 2021, 8:22:17 PM
"
Alfred2000 wrote:
I have been following this guide and playing with this build prior to 3.16. As a result of the changes in 3.16, I modified the build to a crit one and would like to share it here. This crit build is as tanky as before with respectable dps. It requires minimal changes in gears and gems. The only major item I changed is the Weapon and use more cluster jewels. Instead of using Grelwood Shank, I use Paradoxica which has a higher crit base and scales very well with flat added damage. This is my PoB for your information:

- Higher dps potential.
- Higher chance to ignite which is good for "Immolation Support" as well as the Fire Mastery node "Recover 2% of Life when you ignite a non-ignited Enemy".
- The loss of 2 projectiles by using Paradoxica is well compensated by the higher dps of the weapon. More importantly, both the strike and ball damages are substantially higher which makes reaching max fortification easier. I pretty much achieve max fortification with one hit most of the time.

Hope this post is useful to some of you who still want to stick with Molten Strike.

Oh my God...

Just had a quick look at that. Are you serious? That helmet only is 6 mirrors on poe.trade. And some other items aren't too far either. So many hard to get corruption implicits there.
As if this build wasn't expensive enough already.
"
Alfred2000 wrote:

- Higher dps potential.

Hahahah

Ok guys !! No need to wory no need to stress !! The build is fixed for 3.16 !!

Just need 20-30 mirrors

Hahahahaha

Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info