[3.17] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

What are the most important Bonus stats on the heller? Best case is +3projectiles, 30% additional eledam (7link) and -9res.
Which of these 3 is the most important?
"
team5ive wrote:
What are the most important Bonus stats on the heller? Best case is +3projectiles, 30% additional eledam (7link) and -9res.
Which of these 3 is the most important?

i would say:
1. 30% more ele dmg
2. MS +3 proj enchant
3. -9res
Just got my very first ever guardians and shaper kills with this build!

First shaper attempt, first shaper kill!

Wasn't pretty, needed all 6 portals, but dammit, he's dead!

I'm only level 86 wiht 8.6k hp so I couldn't quite facetank the beams but I had enough leeway to just portal out of them.
This build is awesome!
"
HybridBoy wrote:
I still cant see how chieftain will have more dps, but even if so, you lose the playstyle of the build.

Don't worry about it, the guy is comparing your build to a completely different build and thinks they are comparable just because they both use Molten Strike. Probably an attempt to /flex and tell everyone he thinks the other build is the best one.

The build he seems to be talking about is the Dual Nebuloch Chieftain MS, which is, in all honesty, really awesome but also totally different. Yours is the ''classic'' take on MS focused on insane attack speed to generate insane amount of low damage balls that end up doing a shit ton of damage all together, and also abusing the LGOH mechanic with just how many hits land per skill use. It is a reliable, sturdy and high dmg boss killer that's been proven to work in many variations.

The other one is a slow hitting, endurance charge stacking build, which focuses on dealing insanely high amount of damage per ball (and melee hit) at a slow pace. Totally different playstyle, different gearing, different talent tree, different gem setups... really just another build completely.

Having played both builds, I know I am going the poor guy's way next league and start out as chieftain because it is cheaper, but will end up going back to Jugg when the currency starts piling up ;)
"
Rouxsale wrote:
"
HybridBoy wrote:
I still cant see how chieftain will have more dps, but even if so, you lose the playstyle of the build.

Don't worry about it, the guy is comparing your build to a completely different build and thinks they are comparable just because they both use Molten Strike. Probably an attempt to /flex and tell everyone he thinks the other build is the best one.

The build he seems to be talking about is the Dual Nebuloch Chieftain MS, which is, in all honesty, really awesome but also totally different. Yours is the ''classic'' take on MS focused on insane attack speed to generate insane amount of low damage balls that end up doing a shit ton of damage all together, and also abusing the LGOH mechanic with just how many hits land per skill use. It is a reliable, sturdy and high dmg boss killer that's been proven to work in many variations.

The other one is a slow hitting, endurance charge stacking build, which focuses on dealing insanely high amount of damage per ball (and melee hit) at a slow pace. Totally different playstyle, different gearing, different talent tree, different gem setups... really just another build completely.

Having played both builds, I know I am going the poor guy's way next league and start out as chieftain because it is cheaper, but will end up going back to Jugg when the currency starts piling up ;)

yea exaclty :)

i rather hit much faster (and therefor move and dodge faster) with low damage per ball than hit hard but slow.
just makes the build feel so much smoother and also tanky because of the LGOH.

i wanted to make a build that wont be one shotted by bosses all the time.
it turned out much more tanky than i ever intended.
i ended up just ignoring all the bosses mechanics, including elder, and even shaper for the most part.

edit:
yeap, chieftain is cheaper because its ascen nodes are covering some mods that can only be achieved by gear with the jugg way, like leech and fire conversion.

but its only relevant for league start because the gear isnt expensive, and there are no real mandatory items.
Last edited by HybridBoy on Oct 12, 2018, 6:54:35 PM
Just want to say. Hands down the BEST build in TENCENT P.o.E history. Destroyer of Uber Elder. THANKS for such an awesome write up, and easy follow through. I was always a Bf/reave/ Double strike duelie. But found the skill where to 1v1, and not good against the uber phases.(the clutters) But then I Found my self watching YouTube vids on this build, and did the dual shank o dank Grelwood. But I'm glad I found this thread. Thumbs up bud.

This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

YOLO!
"
TheRoyalShu wrote:
Just want to say. Hands down the BEST build in TENCENT P.o.E history. Destroyer of Uber Elder. THANKS for such an awesome write up, and easy follow through. I was always a Bf/reave/ Double strike duelie. But found the skill where to 1v1, and not good against the uber phases.(the clutters) But then I Found my self watching YouTube vids on this build, and did the dual shank o dank Grelwood. But I'm glad I found this thread. Thumbs up bud.

you are welcome ^^
Hey, would sell my Helmet

they start from 50 ex atm, i think thats crazy.

would sell for 20 ex

let me know if this is still stupid, since there arent many i dont know.

if interesped pm or msg ingame Schnubbs_PP
Tried this build as SSF and I really like it.

First, I definitely wanted to say thank you Hybrid for the thread/walkthrough! Thanks dude!

Second, I had a couple questions:

1. Why don't you run the flammability curse on your cwdt loop?
I looked through a bunch of the thread and I didn't see if you already answered that question, sorry if you have!

I get you have limited gem slots, but if you ditched your portal on your gloves, moved your totem to that spot, you'd have an open spot for flam.

I think I remember seeing you mention that the end-game stuff you normally farm/go against is curse immune (uber shaper/elder)?

2. Is there any specific reason you use whirling blades instead of leap slam?

I'm guessing it moves further? I use whirling blades on my IIR+IIQ character because it's the only option that lets me phase through enemies and get fortify, but it seems so much slower (even with faster attacks) than leap slam.

Now, on to my observations.

Incoming wall of text.

Please note, this is from a SSF stand point.

My jugg is currently at 7500hp and has 17k in-game tooltip dps on a 5-link Belly with ancestral call linked. With melee phys gem swapped in, it jumps to 29k.

With totem, blood rage (no frenzy charges), and flasks popped, it jumps to 29k with ac, 49k with melee phys swapped.

I have a decent IIR+IIQ character that was able to get some of the required uniques to make this build work. The thresh jewels being quest rewards helped a lot (super easy to get).

I managed to get two Grelwoods and a Lioneye's Remorse.

I tried both setups and going one Grelwood + Lioneye's shield was definitely much better/smoother for my character.

Getting a decent +2 mana on hit vir jewel was a bitch. Went through probably 600ish alt orbs.

I'll probably never see a xoph's neck. I've already resigned to that fact. I've been playing this league from day one pretty hard and I've managed to get 60 xoph splinters so far. At best, I might make it to his realm once by the end of the league, and the chances of him dropping the neck AND a blessing is zero (can he even drop both from one kill?).

So I've been stuck with getting the avatar of fire node myself. It's okay, it was a 20% bump in in-game tooltip dps.

Right now I'm resigned to running a normal helm and a 5-link belly chest.

I've been trying to 6-link a belly (I've had five drop this league) since week one but RNG hates me.

I have run over 100 volcano maps (~20 @ tier 4, 80+ @ tier 9 after shaping it) and I have seen ZERO "the king's heart" OR "pride before the fall" cards drop.

And I'm running these maps on a +50% IIQ (and +200% IIR, but IIR doesn't help card drops) character.

And every map I make sure is fully chis'd and rare with at least +90% IIQ on it.

I found maintaining tier 9 volcano was much easier than tier 4, even when volcano was the only tier 4 I had completed (for some weird reason, tier 4 version would just never drop). I get at least one t9 volcano map to drop when I run volcano 70% of the time. 20% of the time, two or more will drop. 10% of the time, none will drop.

On top of that, since it's my only tier 9 completed, it has a 50% chance to drop if a tier 9 map is supposed to drop whenever I run tier 8s.

Anyways, back on the cards...

Hell, I've had 5 ex orbs, 3 Ngamahu axes, and 3 Bellys drop running this map, yet not a single one of either of those cards.

I've even checked my loot filter multiple times to make sure it's not screwing me over. Using neversink's 3.4 filter, it has both cards listed to show in the same spot as a bunch of other cards that I see in-game all the time.

At this point, I'm of the opinion that they don't drop from this map. I don't care what the wiki says and I don't care what anyone says...until I see it myself, I refuse to believe it.

And even then, 100+ maps run with 140% IIQ and not a single drop of either card is absolutely terrible.

Ah, the woes of being a SSF scrub.

When I get bored of running volcano or I hit the 18k sulfur cap I'm at, I run delve armor nodes and elder influenced maps for the helm.

Holy shit, this helm...

I've gotten a few elder influenced helms to drop, but of course none had both the immolate and conc effect rolls.

The immolate roll is INSANELY RARE.

I've used ~200 chaos and ~500+ of the scour+alch orb combo to reroll the elder helm I want to use (ilvl 83, so it has access to all possible levels of the immolate/conc effect rolls) and I've seen the immolate mod roll THREE TIMES total. And of course, never WITH the conc effect roll. The one time immolate rolled with an open prefix slot, I tried to slam it (ex orb) and of course it didn't roll conc effect.

Three immolate rolls out of 700+ tries.

Did I mention yet that RNG hates me?

Conc effect seems to pop up one out of every ten-ish rerolls (10% chance).

I haven't had a Thief's Torment drop yet. I'm guessing that helps immensely with survivability. I'm currently at 8 hp per hit (one +2 ring and two +3 crimson jewels with decent other stats). I haven't rolled/found a decent second +2 hp ring yet.

I haven't had a Tombfist drop yet. Last league I had a Tombfist drop on like week one and two more dropped for me in the weeks after. This league I guess I'm not that lucky. Instead I'm using a 85 hp, 40 cold res, 25 lit res, 40 dex, 20% dam spiked glove. Meh, it's okay I guess. I haven't been able to get atk speed to roll yet on a blank pair of spiked gloves.

As mentioned, I'll never see Xoph's neck. I'm currently running Bloodgrip instead. It's okay and synergises well with the Belly chest and one of my flasks.

I haven't found a Blood of Karui or Dying Sun flask yet. Instead I'm running a Lion's Roar (gives a decent amount of dps and the added flat armor helps with survivability) and a Forbidden Taste for insta 98% heal (the chaos damage does almost nothing to me) and 10% attack+spell dodge + phasing.

I'm also running a Catalysed Iron Skin Eternal Life flask. Between Bloodgrip and the Belly chest, it regens 3050 life per second for 2.7 seconds, equaling 8235 life over 2.7 seconds. And with the 90% increased armor during that time, it basically nearly insta heals me through just about any sustained damage.

I'm also running a Cyclopean Coil belt. The freeze immune is worthless, ignite immune is okay, but the HP gain was considerable over what I was using. The stat boost also helped with dex requirements and the added damage is just a bonus.

Despite all that, this build is still decent in my current state and I really like it!

If you've made it this far, sorry again for the wall, and keep on killing. Hope this info helps some noobs or other SSFers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info