[3.6] The Lazy Walker - Jugg - VMS walk and kill, 3M shaper, phys/ice/lightning immune, HC

"
Âesri wrote:
So I found your build and just had to try it because it looked... so weird.
I mean, I kinda didn't believe this would ever work without massive investments.

And here I am. Level 72, clearing T12s without any issues, including the syndicate. I put like 2-3ex into the gear max, which honestly I consider pretty budget. Still a lot of room for improvement (running 5 link on helmet and chest atm and didn't grab the staff yet (pricefixed since today.... >.<)) but even now it feels so insanely fun.

Things that worked on level 72 so far:

1.) Maps up to T12 (didn't try higher)
2.) Uberlab
3.) Red Elder

I don't think I ever had such a fun experience with a build. Also never had so many disconnects (why do you loose the map from that :/)

Only thing I would suggest: The disclaimer that the build "doesn't have much crit/spell/attack nodes" and that you "recommend to level in a party" should be... about 20 times bigger and in red. Because I don't think I ever had such a miserable time levelling up to 68. Used all 20 respec points to be able to at least kill normal and magic mobs in reasonable time, bosses were basically impossible dps wise and required help.
Maybe you could figure out a tree that works halfway decent and can transition to your build with the passive respec points you get?

So, in conclusion: 10/10 build, would play again.

Hi thanks for playing this build, I'm so happy to see you enjoyed it.

I spent months to perfect the main build but just 5 mins to whip up a "leveling guide". To be honest I'm no expert in this part of the game yeah but it does need improvement.
"
Amazing build. But I can not stay online. I am on a gigabit connection and their servers are being brought to its knees.

Are their servers always so terrible? It also happens when I use leap too often with very fast attacks. It literally can not handle it.

I guess it depends to everyone's connection type and GGG server, there isn't much we can do about it----- you can swap off the ball lightning with armageddon brand, should help with the disconnections but will greatly compromise the build
Just want to say this build is pretty fun/satisfying when I press VMS on a boss. Only have a 5link on the Rat Cage and Martyr, but still does great damage.

Definitely unplayable on lockstep, it will freeze the game. Predictive is much better, but I tend not to overdo and run into giant packs as it's much more prone to disconnecting.

Sometimes I die to I guess not having IC up for a split second. Do you think I need more cooldown recovery? I'm running on 30% right now.
"
obake1 wrote:
Just want to say this build is pretty fun/satisfying when I press VMS on a boss. Only have a 5link on the Rat Cage and Martyr, but still does great damage.

Definitely unplayable on lockstep, it will freeze the game. Predictive is much better, but I tend not to overdo and run into giant packs as it's much more prone to disconnecting.

Sometimes I die to I guess not having IC up for a split second. Do you think I need more cooldown recovery? I'm running on 30% right now.

Considering how expensive CD reduction gears are now, it might be worth it to switch one of them to a +1 Endurance implicit one.
"
Wiseoak is essential for this build, and you need to balance your uncapped resistances so that ice=lighting>=fire.

Think it should be other way around fire>=ice=light?
"
GregoryPOE wrote:
"
Wiseoak is essential for this build, and you need to balance your uncapped resistances so that ice=lighting>=fire.

Think it should be other way around fire>=ice=light?

You are right. Now fixed. thanks.
I'm actually wondering how did you find a Rat cage that doesn't have the "-50% to fire resistance" on it? i just dunno how to get it, i can only find a one with that debuff on it on the market. It seems really weird :/
That Rat Cage is legacy. Current version only has negative fire res.
Been looking towards this build, seems awesome. I love weird builds and this seems to be right up my alley.

Here's some changes I've thought of (note that I'm only theorycrafting right now):

1) Mobility seems to be the slowing factor. I wonder if Oro's Sacrifice + Flicker Strike would let us clear mid range maps with absolute ease? Oro's is pure fire damage, grants +20% Ignite and a Frenzy on Igniting. With all the items + tree, we have about 70% to Ignite which should be enough.

With Flicker you could even pick up the other defensive node which grants reduced damage taken.

2) Also thought of Hiltless and removing Rat Cage. VMS would still work as the damage would be reflected from Hiltless. It also has a nice DPS and crit. Would have to respec to make use of crit.
"
obake1 wrote:
That Rat Cage is legacy. Current version only has negative fire res.

So does it actually work with the negative fire res one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info