[3.5] Chained Flames 9 Golem Elementalist. MOM/Phase Acro. Melt the world

"
Completed 26 ChallengesZachOK wrote:
I have next to no currency, and without the Jewels - Golems feel iffy when using anything but their fireball attack. Is this difficult to pick up as a starter once the League has progressed a little and prices increase? Jewels seems so out of reach at the moment..

i started a variant of this build (more hc focused) around 2 days ago and you really only need the mace/neck to start destroying all content while levelling
you get a big dmg boost if you go aegis+charity combo and also after cruel lab
you have to get used to repositioning golems to avoid using their non-ball attacks since theyre pretty garbage
eminence jewels are fine until you can start swapping them out for harmonies once you get the cash
"
Completed 19 Challengesmoshemaman25 wrote:
hey
ty for the build

wanted to ask why u dont use flesh offering ?


You can make room by removing the CWDT setup but during normal mapping using it just slows you down. On bosses you would need to summon corspses and then keep it up which is annoying and also takes more time then I would generally want to do.

I spend my uptime either moving around in phase run or throwing out ball lightnings to direct golems and shock. Shock is better then flesh offering as giving your golems too much cast speed will just make them use more of the worse skills while they wait for cooldowns

"
Completed 9 ChallengesSmellyjello wrote:
never made a summoning build and definitely interested in making one this league.

Is there any reason you don't have any gems that reserve mana?

are summoning golems that mana hungry?


This build uses mind over matter so its 2-3k mana is added to its life total for survival
Did you change the passive build? I had been following the passive tree build but now its different.

"
Completed 2 ChallengesSpodidy wrote:
Did you change the passive build? I had been following the passive tree build but now its different.



I only play this since 2 days so i only know this tree.
But from what i read here op respecced into acrobatics recently with little sacrifices. Also the might of the meek addition in scion wheel might be new. Prbly whats different for u
can i use Primordial Might for this build or only use Primordial Harmony.
"
I only play this since 2 days so i only know this tree.
But from what i read here op respecced into acrobatics recently with little sacrifices. Also the might of the meek addition in scion wheel might be new. Prbly whats different for u



I have had the Passive Build open for days since we started playing the Delve league, but the main difference we see is from Heart and Soul it went over to Deep Wisdom and then down to Necromantic Aegis instead of coming up from reflexes.


MY daughter is Enjoying the build it just confused her when I refreshed the build and it was different.
I'm starting this build and I'm wondering one thing:

I played a golementalist back in Incursion. With the "nerf" due to the necklace, how squishy are the golems? Do you need to re-summon them much often?

Started the char just about 4 days ago as my second character this league, and just took down my first Uber Atziri and Red Elder with it. Huge thanks from me for the build :D That damn uber atziri (or rather the mobs and trio) kept eating all my portals, but with this build I was able to take her down in 2 portals (1 on the trio cause I killed them in the wrong order, and the last on atziri by running into a corner that didnt have enough space on falmeblast)
The build looks solid.
I'm building something similar.
But I'm using grace as aura, since the build is choosing Phase Acro it made sense to me to invest on Evasion gear.
I'll try this approach instead with MoM.

Couple of things
- Flesh offering, you're not using it because of swiftness giving so much attack speed. I don't understand, primordial jewels are in the build to reduce the CD overall of the golems.
- Mini anima-stone amulet. Are 9 golems (with reduced life/damage) better than 6? Considering the same build just changing the amulet.
- Following amulet, wouldn't Yoke be better for shock uptime with a skill like Arc?
- Why are you not taking any of the new nodes, Righteous Army and Redemption, for example. I'm still confuse on how accuracy works on golems, but the question remains.

I'll stick to this thread since there are a couple of concepts that I'm still confused about and the build looks great.
Thanks!
"
Completed 12 ChallengesBollacha wrote:
I'm starting this build and I'm wondering one thing:

I played a golementalist back in Incursion. With the "nerf" due to the necklace, how squishy are the golems? Do you need to re-summon them much often?



Immunity to elemental damage and high regen makes the golems sturdy. Anything below T15 and my golems never die. The physical based guardians do kill sometimes but resummoning is not hard

The most golem killing thing is the delve encounter with the physical tornados whirling around. These usually kill about half my golems but spell echo on flame golem means you can resummon them fast during the encounter

"
Completed 10 ChallengesAkathriel wrote:
Started the char just about 4 days ago as my second character this league, and just took down my first Uber Atziri and Red Elder with it.


Nice :)

"
Completed 18 ChallengesMinDokan wrote:
The build looks solid.
I'm building something similar.
But I'm using grace as aura, since the build is choosing Phase Acro it made sense to me to invest on Evasion gear.
I'll try this approach instead with MoM.

Couple of things
- Flesh offering, you're not using it because of swiftness giving so much attack speed. I don't understand, primordial jewels are in the build to reduce the CD overall of the golems.
- Mini anima-stone amulet. Are 9 golems (with reduced life/damage) better than 6? Considering the same build just changing the amulet.
- Following amulet, wouldn't Yoke be better for shock uptime with a skill like Arc?
- Why are you not taking any of the new nodes, Righteous Army and Redemption, for example. I'm still confuse on how accuracy works on golems, but the question remains.

I'll stick to this thread since there are a couple of concepts that I'm still confused about and the build looks great.
Thanks!


Evasion and dodge are not actually connected mechancis. I picked up the dodge as it had low opportunity cost and phase acro works on spells while evasion requires more investment and does nothing against spells. Its not bad but I prefer keeping the mana for MOM

- Flesh offering is not bad but the time spent keeping it maintained could be spent on other things. Even with many jewels the cooldown on the golems orb skill is still higher then their cast speed especially since they have frenzy charges so giving them more cast speed while still good is less good as giving them 'more damage' through other means

- Without Primordial chain we have 3 support golems and 3 damage ones. With chain we have 3 support and 6 damage. So damage is 100% more and then 35% less. Chain also gives movement speed and more golems improve clearspeed. Its a bit more complicated then that but TLDR chain is good for damage

- This build uses flame golems who use spells that cannot miss. The new accuracy nodes only work on attack moves like Ice golems use. I've heard Ice golems are also good and have been tempted to try them out properly but they use different gems and a different tree/gear to get the accuracy they need. It would probably be a different build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info