[3.4] lddiamond's Toxic Rain Penta RAT Hierophant, All Content, League Starter, Deathless Uber

"
LilyKittens4 wrote:
This is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was actually my first build (exact same passives if you can believe that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - except I took the minion attack speed passives) then I went arc trapper to get some currency but I love this a lot too!!!!!!!!!!

Now I thought of Atziri's Splendor for the armor because the 100 life and 100 mana on kill would go to us the Templar (not the totem) because the dots when they kill count as our kills? What do you think of that?

Thanks for posting this it is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Splendor may work, I am not sure to be honest, Id recommend just getting a blood of the Karui life flask. It'll get you out of a lot of tight situations.

"
Since we now go into minions nodes, does it make sense to look for minion % damage on jewel slots to open up the possibilities even more?

Oh definitely, It opens up a lot of options for scaling. Bone helm is also another possibility.

"

Thanks for the Build! I read about Toxic Rain on Reddit and all the talk about unlimited DoT stacks just made me think about totems.

Now, I'm a casual and not a very good player. Been trying to level using Toxic Rain + RAT, but the clear speed is quite bad at my low level. (the delay around mobs is quite irritating, and dangerous for a slow moving player like me)

Just want to comment that I'm finding leveling with Caustic Arrow is much faster for clearing trash - just one RAT will do. And switching to Toxic Rain on bosses and other mean monsters.

The Damage don't really start to show until you get a 2nd Totem, then a 5 or 6 L. Then it really shines.
Lvl 21 POB.

https://pastebin.com/gVFij2YA

Uber Elder is possible, I was able to get shaper dead but not elder. Once I get better at that boss fight I know it'll be doable. Damage is very good on Uber Elder. takes about 20 seconds per phase.
So, I literally chose this build by throwing a sticky dart at the screen. I feel like I got really lucky. Also lucky; I started this build a day before you changed the tree - so saved a few respec points.

Note on the tree change - the dex requirements on Toxic Rain will bite you if you don't have dex on your gear - around lvl 45/gem lvl 10.

If you buy a Quill Rain - 1c - it makes all the difference in the world, and bee-line for Ancestral Bond. Started using TR at level 12 - never looked back. I'm having a great leveling experience, fast, safe(ish), not really gear dependent - wear what you find. The hardest part of this build is picking what to fill all your other sockets with! Right now I'm using Arc-CurseOnHit-Despair which works really smoothly with totem playstyle (no need to aim) - and if you're like me - works well for breakables.

All-and-All a great build, Thanks!
I really like the idea of this build when reading this, and going to try it soon. can you add few leveling guides? I mean like where should I go first in passive nodes.
about bandit, I am thinking about helping alira, could that be done with this build too?

thank you.
EDit: which way to go first in passive
Last edited by Dhalion on Sep 9, 2018, 11:59:34 AM
"
Dhalion wrote:
I really like the idea of this build when reading this, and going to try it soon. can you add few leveling guides? I mean like where should I go first in passive nodes.
about bandit, I am thinking about helping alira, could that be done with this build too?

thank you.

I will try to clean this up a bit in a few days and make it more new player friendly. I don't write a lot of build guids, so mine don't look as polished as others.

Alira is a good choice early, but end game the 2 points is better, because you should already have your resistances, and the mana regen/crit multi don't do a lot for this build.

Just beat Uber elder, Still need to get better (personal skill) for the fight. Had 4 deaths, so not a nice video to upload yet. But this build is definitely Uber Elder Viable.
so why do you take minion nodes, do totems benefit from them now?
"
kylelurty wrote:
so why do you take minion nodes, do totems benefit from them now?

You take minion nodes because they buff YOUR damage and attack speed via

and

The increases to YOUR damage and attack speed, therefore affect your totems, since they take attack speed and damage off of you as well.

So, while they don't directly affect the totems, they affect you in a way that is beneficial for your DPS overall.
Last edited by xemath on Sep 9, 2018, 8:56:05 PM
"
gryphon79 wrote:
Just beat Uber elder, Still need to get better (personal skill) for the fight. Had 4 deaths, so not a nice video to upload yet. But this build is definitely Uber Elder Viable.

Good job.

Some general tips as well for the Uber Elder fight to smooth it out with this build:

1. Kaom's Roots are pretty much a lifesaver when it comes to Elder's Teleport Freeze move. We lose about 8.1~9% damage taking off 'Winds of Change'. But, we can supplement higher life and tri-res gloves (and/or attack speed if your other gear is good enough) in place of our boots for the swap. It'll also give you more life for the fight, albeit making you a bit slower.

Theoretically, if you have 20s phases, that would only slow it to 21.6~ seconds. You could also replace your Kaom's Heart with a Belly of the Beast for slightly less life but more res, or a Loreweave for less Elder freezes.

2. Purity of Ice Level 20 puts you at 79 cold res. While the mana reservation is 35%, it's pretty safe for us to drop our other auras, whatever you may be using, as clarity isn't that important since our totems provide a good amount of mana regen, and we should be aiming not to get hit at all anyway.

If you know you're going to get hit by an icicle, especially his bigger one, this mitigates a ton of damage. Also seeing as you aren't using a loreweave, having 79 cold res the whole fight will majorly increases consistency due to less freezes.

3. We are able to run a versatile flask setup with this build as not many flasks affect us. If you notice you're getting stuck alot on spawning mobs, put on a Quartz flask of Adrenaline. If you are getting caught by Elder's Icicles often, throw on a Sapphire flask for 85% res with PoI. (I'd recommend a Sapphire Flask for the fight regardless, as I see you're running 3 effective life flasks.)

Also, not saying any of these things are 'necessary' at all! If you can get the fight down mechanically, you'll be fine. Just some ideas to make your life a bit easier getting there.
Last edited by xemath on Sep 9, 2018, 9:19:07 PM
"
Dhalion wrote:

thank you.

Not OP, but this is how I leveled, generally. If you need more life, grab from the life wheel earlier, if you need more damage, grab Shamanistic Fury/ minion nodes earlier.

PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/0UZ7mAku

Includes: 21/44/71/93/115 points respectively. You can switch them down by 'Reset' and 'Import Tree'.
Last edited by xemath on Sep 9, 2018, 9:40:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info