[3.4] Delve: Guide to fractured walls

Checked everything many times and no path to this.

And btw, this is the norm for me. I don't think I've been able to find a SINGLE hidden node. I swear, this shit is bugged or something.
We need to see more than that (especially on the left and top sides)
I needed this post really badly, I couldnt not figure this out and this mage the mines so much more fun now. THANKS!!!
I think i've found another exception for the 2 Path nodes rule.

There is a 2 Path way above the hidden area, but it the actual path wasn't there.

My theory is that the 2 Path node is to close to the hidden area. As GGG also gave us the hint that walls always spawn on grid squares with no encounter just with a path. There always must be atleast 1 grid square with only path in it to a hidden area to spawn a wall.

So in my case between the 2 path node and the hidden area there is no space for a grid square with only a path in it.
"
Kriticalkid wrote:
I think i've found another exception for the 2 Path nodes rule.

I got one too. Same as yours, close to a hidden node but with no connecting path. Seems rare but can happen.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
This really is a great post full of good info but I still do not get it at all. In the possible paths pic you say, "This is the first one I came across, and at first glance it has 7 possible locations. However, 3,4 and 6 can all be ruled out because of the dead end rule. We'll complete this situation in part 2." What is the dead end rule, where is it stated and what does it mean? But directly above you say, "4. Nodes have either 1, 3 or 4 connections, but not 2."

If a node has 1 connection it is a dead end node. But if you cannot consider a path that is a dead end path, yet your solution shows it is a dead end node...

Also on that same line, I see tons of nodes with 2 connections yet you say a node can only have 1, 3 or 4 connections. I think we are talking about 2 different things so I still sit here wondering how to find these.
The "dead end" rule is a consequence of 1,3,4 - Since a dead end has just one path, adding another in the form of a hidden path would make it an illegal 2-path node. It appears under the 1,3,4 spoiler.

In the solution shown I rule out those connected to dead ends. The solution in the end to the example was from the mineshaft to the left.

Nodes with only 2 connections show up occasionally: they are common at levels 1-5 probably because of generation mechanics, they are part of the mineshaft, they show up near hidden nodes, or they just appear as a freak of the generation algorithm.

Examine the extra examples for using the rules.
Did you know kiwi (kiwifruit) are actually berries, and it is a national fruit of China? Also, their name is a big marketing ploy by a major exporter, New Zealand.
Delve fractured wall guide: view-thread/2204851
Legion Emblem Carry thread: view-thread/2598853
Last edited by Erisymum on Nov 1, 2018, 6:03:25 PM
What do you do when the guide doesn't solve a particular node? I have one that has no solution shown here.
Also, in your first example you ruled out 3 paths due to the dead end rule, whatever that is. But as it turns out, dead ends are now normal. But you posted this saying dead ends were not possible. yet in the main example, path 1 is indeed a dead end. Doesn't this invalidate the entire walk thru?
"
Also, in your first example you ruled out 3 paths due to the dead end rule, whatever that is. But as it turns out, dead ends are now normal. But you posted this saying dead ends were not possible. yet in the main example, path 1 is indeed a dead end. Doesn't this invalidate the entire walk thru?

Dead ends containing a hidden path to a node are certainly not normal. The occasional one pops up in people asking for help, but there are certainly rare enough. I've only found one contradiction for any of the rules in my own mine. Also, in the main example, path one was literally the solution, in no violation of the rules. Finally, as for when you use all the rules and find nothing, you should simply search every possible node. You could have hit a rare exception.
See "I've read the guide, and I still can't find X wall, please find it for me"
GL!
Did you know kiwi (kiwifruit) are actually berries, and it is a national fruit of China? Also, their name is a big marketing ploy by a major exporter, New Zealand.
Delve fractured wall guide: view-thread/2204851
Legion Emblem Carry thread: view-thread/2598853

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info