3.4 Johnny Holyfist and the Light-street band (2h dom blow + HoP +Holy-relic Guardian)

DISCLAIMER: Build is a Work in progress that will be heavily updated over the course of the day/weekend. Currently, there is no way to accurately calculate sent of purity damage as well as dominating blow converted minion damage but we assume it is going to be quite high.

Ever wanted to be in a band? Ever wanted to have all those sweet, sweet groupies following you? Look no further.

Down to business:

Current PoB link (WIP): https://pastebin.com/6jD9yjmZ

Currently getting 6 off on coming calamity is a bit rediculous, so you can sub out maim + multistrike for minion damage + minion speed.

Rough stats v. shaper is 200k + dps with Dominating blow alone, not including 4 sent's + any extra minions summoned by dom blow. Dom blow minions + heralds benefit from all support gems socketed to them.

For clearing mobs you swap maim with melee splash, and once you get rolling your army just get's bigger and bigger.

Expected life = 6k+

Required Items:
Chaber Cairn
Coming Calamity

Will continue to add to this as I mess around with different unique concepts/in game testing.

Ascendancy order: radiant > Unwavering > Time of Need > harmony of purpose

[Current Gear]
[/spoiler]

--- Will add significant flavor to this build over the next few days. ---
Last edited by zazey on Sep 2, 2018, 6:22:35 PM
Last bumped on Sep 4, 2018, 7:01:43 PM
"
Harmony of purpose(not sold on this one quite yet, waiting to see how charges work with minions)

It doesn't work with minions.
"
Quazaka wrote:
"
Harmony of purpose(not sold on this one quite yet, waiting to see how charges work with minions)

It doesn't work with minions.

Yeah, you're right. Swapped it for Time of Need and switched a shield suffix to chance to gain endurance/frenzy/power charge on block, since frenzy charges will be a decent chunk of damage and endurance charges for regen/immortal call.
by pathing it like this you spare 1 skill point, also are you sure you need the life leech? Guardian is already heavy on regen
Nice build. I think you can optimize the pathing a bit indeed (don't need leech if you have 1 jewel with some leech for example).
Do you know why hatred gives so little dps altho we do only phys? In your pob it only gives 3% dps increase. And is it worth it to link herald of purity to a lot of minion gems? Looking forward to next updates!
EDIT: Nvm the small increase was due to brutality linked to dom blow.
Last edited by Jaapstam on Sep 2, 2018, 4:15:58 AM
"
Jaapstam wrote:
Nice build. I think you can optimize the pathing a bit indeed (don't need leech if you have 1 jewel with some leech for example).
Do you know why hatred gives so little dps altho we do only phys? In your pob it only gives 3% dps increase. And is it worth it to link herald of purity to a lot of minion gems? Looking forward to next updates!
EDIT: Nvm the small increase was due to brutality linked to dom blow.

I've been playing around with different idea's recently in regards to how to take this. My idea was originally pure phys because if we fight bosses where we need to rely on summoning minions off of procs from single target, we want to have at least SOME damage. Same concept with killing a pack of mobs at start of map.

I'm playing around with a few things:
-Full aurabot with Victario's influence. Getting a *decent* dom blow to work here is challenging.
-Using a Writhing jar (haven't tested)
-Doing hybrid ele damage and running hatred.
-Squeezing in a haste.

Problems with most of these ideas is that PoB does NOT show or calculate the dominated minion or HoP damage, which is frustrating.
Update:
I have made significant changes to the build including using coming calamity + chaber cairn. This will DRASTICALLY increase our minion damage, and help us get more minions spawned on bosses. Life went down a bit but should still be good enough for SC.
I have to say as a hardcore delve player I'm not happy with the new changes. I saw your first build and really liked it. But with the much lower HP and no shield this new build will not work in HC.
i like the build, but there are some things i would like to talk about:

At first is it really that rewarding to go for those mace damage clusters?
i mean with "spiritual aid" and "spiritual command" you can go for minion damage and also boost your damage.
its not that strong, mostly 15% vs like 25%, but i feel its way stronger to go for it, as the minions are the ones doing the damage here.
That's why i think its a bit more rewarding to go into the with area and boost your damage, and also get life there.

the second point is that i feel it really hard to get enough dom blow minions, if its not supported by ancestral call. i know its not working with the minions, but it fells easier to stand still and hit some enemies, before they are overrun by your army.

Just wanted to know, what you think about that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info