[3.4]Max block/ Max spell block Insanely Tanky Elementalist Blade Vortex 2.5-3M shaper dps

"
caîne wrote:
Thank you for your build. I didn't play Ele BV before and had a good start following your suggestions.
To all fellow players who try this build: consider the new herald gem as fourth addition, it adds physical damage and a good amount of tankiness with the minions. Especially if like me you cannot afford the more expensive defense layers, the gem helps a lot.
Good luck everybody!

Just in case you did not know: You can run ice bite in the 6link if you find yourself struggling. It basically makes you permanently freeze anything that isnt immune to freeze because BV thicks insanely fast, so it just ends up being a 100% freeze
Thx for build. gonna try it next. Waiting for leveling section. What about delve? Do we rly need Inpulsa here? maybe loreweave or something else would be better?
Last edited by Sp0rtE on Sep 7, 2018, 6:28:47 AM
won`t you be in troube using 4 reckless defence? like, getting one shotted by crits
"
hironmiranda wrote:
won`t you be in troube using 4 reckless defence? like, getting one shotted by crits

You can swap enfeeble in if the map mods are too rippy with a lot of extra elemental damage and crit multi. You can use Solaris pantheon to avoid crits if you were crit recently too

"
Sp0rtE wrote:
Thx for build. gonna try it next. Waiting for leveling section. What about delve? Do we rly need Inpulsa here? maybe loreweave or something else would be better?

"
Sp0rtE wrote:

Well, the guy who is leading the delve board in SC is using an inpulsa bv. So at least until 700 it can work
Any videos coming? How is this build for mapping? What's the clear speed like?
Hi,

if you follow the socket colors to change gems for hard bosses, these 2 combos would be good.

Map Clear:
Blade Vortex + Hypothermia + Conteolled destruction + Physical to lightning + Spell echo + Increased duration

Hard Bosses:
Blade Vortex + Hypothermia + Conteolled destruction + Physical to lightning + Conc. Effect + Empower 4

However empower 4 is 5ex atm in softcore Delve league.
what about amulet rare wirh 40% #% of Block Chance applied to Spells - 2 +#% to maximum Block Chance ? is better than unique amulet right ?
Not sure how you're getting 3 million Shaper DPS. I did exactly as you described in your guide for single target, but turned off all the fluff that won't actually be active during a Shaper fight... Shaper DPS is more like 1.2 million.

Not saying it's a bad build, as 1.2m Shaper DPS is still great... but you might want to rethink what buffs/charges/effects are actually going to be going on in a boss encounter.

-power charges (only on-kill from curses)

-frenzy charges (only on-kill from Green Dream)

-curses (come from Herald of Thunder, which requires that you kill something to activate)

-"have you killed recently" is also pretty self-explanatory

-life and mana leech (you only leech if you've killed recently)

-"enemy is shocked" in Path of Building applies maximum shock of 50%. I doubt that you'll be achieving this level of shock vs a tanky map boss, let alone Shaper himself. If you want a more realistic damage calculation, uncheck the "enemy is shocked" box and then multiply your final DPS by 1.2 (or whatever your minimum shock threshold is from Elementalist + shock effect items)

So exactly what do you do when you're fighting Chimera/Minotaur/Hydra/Shaper and they boop you for 95% of your HP? Block cap is 75%. Every build takes damage from big hits from time to time, even builds with maximum avoidance.
Last edited by cha_siu_bao on Oct 4, 2018, 7:55:04 PM
If orb of storm does nothing except for arcane surge you may replace it with flame dash, flame dash feels way better than before and lv21 has no cooldown. You may also use a sceptre and replace shield charge - faster attack with consecrated path, it works well without faster attacks so you have a socket to spare
Last edited by wjxue1221 on Oct 7, 2018, 9:54:48 AM
"
wjxue1221 wrote:
If orb of storm does nothing except for arcane surge you may replace it with flame dash, flame dash feels way better than before and lv21 has no cooldown. You may also use a sceptre and replace shield charge - faster attack with consecrated path, it works well without faster attacks so you have a socket to spare

I like the idea of using flame dash for arcane surge as proc as it's much more fluid than Orb of Storms, however, there isn't a way to proc fortify on this build without shield charge or some kind of movement skill.

As far as using consecrated path, it cannot be used with a dagger so we would lose the implicit critical mods of using a dagger, not to mention the critical rolls that daggers typically have.

Also using a shield we can get Significantly more block chance, also if you want, like me, to be "immortal" we can get the recover #% maximum life on block.

I'm personally using a combination of Flame dash with arcane surge and fortify with shield charge, typically alternating their usage which isn't that difficult when assigning them to the forward and back buttons on the side of my mouse.

Also using them together seems faster, if not as fast as shield charge with faster attacks and negates the downtime of flamedash (if used spammingly). Also this alleviates the need of level 21 flame dash and still opens a slot in place of faster attacks. :D

-Sorry for the long post! Just wanted to throw in my experience with this build, currently lvl 85 and wrecking most content. LOVE the build!
Last edited by Timmeicus on Oct 7, 2018, 6:30:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info