Mirkulas BV Chieftain 3.4 Build (1.Chieftain SSF Flashback)

The build is really good, especially with changed you do in cases you need (like I swapped add fire with fire penetration etc).
However, I have one question. Does Blood rage really helps us? I refer to the leech thing. Blade vortex is a spell physical damage, and blood rage provides us leech from attack physical dmg, so that part does not affect us I suppose?
Last edited by KukiQ on Jan 13, 2019, 8:34:59 AM
Hey man, awesome build and, have it in standard and loved playing it in Flashback. def want to give it a shot again:D

only question I have is would you say this build is able to do deep delves (500-600ish)? Or would certain gear pieces need to be changed/adapted
"
KukiQ wrote:
The build is really good, especially with changed you do in cases you need (like I swapped add fire with fire penetration etc).
However, I have one question. Does Blood rage really helps us? I refer to the leech thing. Blade vortex is a spell physical damage, and blood rage provides us leech from attack physical dmg, so that part does not affect us I suppose?

blood rage helps in 3 ways:

1. it provides you with frenzy charges for more damage multiplier and faster attacks for your shield charge
2. It provides additional attack speed with 20% qualt even more for faster charges
3. most important it degens physical, so with immortal call proc it triggers the arakaali pantheon for 50% life recovery for leech, regen and life flask

"
PhantomZA wrote:
Hey man, awesome build and, have it in standard and loved playing it in Flashback. def want to give it a shot again:D

only question I have is would you say this build is able to do deep delves (500-600ish)? Or would certain gear pieces need to be changed/adapted

damage should be fine. You may wanna get a stack stick with explosions on death (like impulsa effect) for the spider packs. Also you need quartz flask, and maybe give phase run a try. For more health you can go the mom version to prevent you against dying to one shots.

Ended up playing a different character this league (got seduced by all the cold DoT changes), but mucking around with my "practice" character in Standard after I knocked off 36 challenges.

There's new crafting options for weapons - you could automate Orb of Storms in your weapon with the "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" craft, and while I think overall fossil crafting will end up with the best results, you could alt-spam for "Enemies killed explode...", regal-annul then multimod a bunch of things (as well as spell damage / fire damage + chance of ignite / etc, there's also things like cast speed + chance to gain arcane surge).

Also, looking through different builds on poe.ninja, there's some people who've gone for a 6L Elder helmet with inbuilt Immolate/Conc Effect for their BV setup so they can run a Kaom's Heart; the Lucent Fossil shield craft of "Socketed Gems have % reduced Mana Reservation" has allowed others to play around with auras / add Aspect of the Spider etc; and the Elreon veiled mod being available on amulets and rings has led others to craft a few instances of -x cost to skills as well. The "25% of physical to fire" craftable mod on gloves has led to a few people running that + a Anger phys=>fire conversion Watcher's Eye or Chernobog's Pillar instead of Avatar of Fire (or Blackgleam/Signal Fire) then some of the craftable/flaskable non-chaos to chaos conversion options, as well.
Last edited by Haasts on Jan 26, 2019, 7:32:18 PM
"
Haasts wrote:
Ended up playing a different character this league (got seduced by all the cold DoT changes), but mucking around with my "practice" character in Standard after I knocked off 36 challenges.

Hi haasts, i'm quite excited with all the new crafting options. If you make a new char with any of your mentiond changes, link it here. The guide is based on a 3.3 char and so many things have changed since then.
Obviously it's much too early to tell how things will be for 3.6 with the promised changes to spell balance &c, but the previews have shown some new implicits, including a glove conversion one that if (a) has a fire equivalent & (b) stacks with the craftable conversion, could see the ability to skip Avatar of Fire without needing a Watcher's Eye/Chernobog's Pillar/The Signal Fire etc.

"
Haasts wrote:
Obviously it's much too early to tell how things will be for 3.6 with the promised changes to spell balance &c, but the previews have shown some new implicits, including a glove conversion one that if (a) has a fire equivalent & (b) stacks with the craftable conversion, could see the ability to skip Avatar of Fire without needing a Watcher's Eye/Chernobog's Pillar/The Signal Fire etc.

if both asumptions are true you could do so much with skippin avatar of fire:
all the chaos conversion like atziris promise and amulete mods would give an a good boost.
Last edited by mirkula on Feb 19, 2019, 5:35:52 PM
Any ideas for this with the new Chieftain changes? I'm thinking BV is going to be real nice in Legion.
"
thrackstar wrote:
Any ideas for this with the new Chieftain changes? I'm thinking BV is going to be real nice in Legion.

yes indeed and guess what im playing
Another bv chieftain again. with near perma uptime of immortal call. up to 100% inc recovery. and 75% block chance and about 6k effective hp in the end.
il use charged dash cwc wave of conviction for clearing and blade vortex for the rares
i linked you my current char status in legion

https://pastebin.com/eqsJhpDh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info