graphic card issues ( laptop with 2 graphic cards )

Hi, was just wondering if anyone else having the same problem as me wich is that my Nvidia card doesnt "start" with the game so it runs with my intel HD graphic card. So the game doesnt run smooth at all :(

i have a acer aspire 5750g laptop
Last edited by prdx77 on Mar 11, 2012, 11:20:02 AM
Can't you just disable your integrated chip (the intel one) in your hardware management or remove the drivers. By doing so you will always use your nvidia card on startup.
Will try that then, thanks for the reply.
You can also rightclick and select which graphics processor should be used.
You should be able to select the graphics adapter in game. I imagine that you have the intel chip for power savings while not game so if you completely disable your intel adapter, you will lose that funtionality.
ROFL_Meat | ROFL_Sorc | ROFL_Sausage
I think the Nvidia Control Panel lets you specify which programs to run with the dedicated graphics.
"I remember a better solution in an old issue of Popular Mechanics. A lead coffee cup - kept warm perpetually by a little chunk of plutonium."
Hi there, i´ve the same problem: I have 2 graphic cards one intel family for powersaving and another amd radeon for games, but even though, i have told my powersavings that it should use the radeon it doesnt work. ingame it just gives me one opportunity to choose, and thats the intel family... :(
if i disable the intel, i have a total shutdown and my screen went ultrasmall, because usually the intel runs for windows stuff... dont know how to change that, hopefully the finished game will be able to detect that issue.
pardon my english :)
NVidia Control Panel -> Desktop menu -> Make sure "Add 'Run with graphics processor' to context menu" is checked
Then right-click PoE and select Run with Graphics Processor -> NVidia

Edit: You have to right-click the actual Client.exe or a shortcut, not your start menu entry.
Last edited by Reashu on May 21, 2012, 5:40:18 PM
Thanks so much for this, this should be inclued in some FAQ because I played now unti lvl 40 with <15 fps and when I switched from my onboard crap graphic card to my real geforce gt 525m the fps went to >40.
I'm experiencing the same issue, and have tried the above ideas with no success. Additionally, I started the game in the nVidia GeForce Experience launcher, and added both the Client.exe and PathOfExile.exe files to the nVidia Control Panel to use the appropriate card, and then even set my default GPU to always use the High Performance chip and still no chance. I do, however, see that the GPU Activity icon in the system tray has it listed as using the High-Performance GPU, but the game still only identifies the integrated chipset.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info