3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

"
bashkiller wrote:
I'm try to use this build in Delve Hardcore, you can post more videos doing delve depths and compilation of boss kills?

+1 Level gems from body armor have huge boost dps?? I'm have one belly 6L, and i use that instead Skin of de Loyal

My computer cannot run OBS + Delve it won't record properly and crashes. I'll try to record more bossing videos. I do not recommend delving past level 300 with this build. You will get 1-shot by random things without better block/dodge chance.

+1 Level from gems is a very big dps and golem survivability boost. It double dips with the Empower gem to give your golems +2 levels.

Without +1 it's very unlikely but your golems can die to minotaur. with +1 i never lose ice golems to anything except phys reflect.

For Hardcore I would try hard to find a hat with +3levels, Concentrated Effect and Minion damage for my ice golems. Then I would put my other golems in my Belly of the Beast.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Sep 19, 2018, 12:00:23 PM
So after playing around with POB, you should be able to drop Skin of the Loyal and place Ice Golem into an Elder helm as long as you can craft a helm with the following at minimum and actually end up with a slight increase in damage on our golems cyclones:

+2 to socketed minion gems
Supported by level 20 Concetrated Effect
Supported by level 20 Minion Damage

If you can craft a helm with those 3 prefixes, then you can use the following gems links:

Lvl 21 Ice Golem
Lvl 20 Multistrike
Lvl 20 Maim
Lvl 20 Melee Physical Damage

This results in a Lvl 23 Ice Golem opposed to a Lvl 25 Ice Golem when combining Empower + Skin of the Loyal, but conc effect boosts our cyclone enough to compensate for the two lost levels. My Golems POB cyclone damage went from 202k against shaper using empower w/ skin up to 219k against shaper using elder helm w/ conc effect.

That should free up your chest for a 4B2R 6L to socket you support golems. Although if you are using an armour based chest 4 blue might be a bit difficult.
Last edited by BoJankles on Sep 19, 2018, 1:11:29 PM
Checked out your sims and this look correct. +2 minimum at +3 we get significant increase.

It's a bit of a life loss for the golems though so i'd probably pickup another 1% life regen for minions node or some % minion life on jewelry to make sure they never die.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Sep 19, 2018, 1:09:36 PM
"
Utopian238 wrote:
"
bashkiller wrote:
I'm try to use this build in Delve Hardcore, you can post more videos doing delve depths and compilation of boss kills?

+1 Level gems from body armor have huge boost dps?? I'm have one belly 6L, and i use that instead Skin of de Loyal

My computer cannot run OBS + Delve it won't record properly and crashes. I'll try to record more bossing videos. I do not recommend delving past level 300 with this build. You will get 1-shot by random things without better block/dodge chance.

+1 Level from gems is a very big dps and golem survivability boost. It double dips with the Empower gem to give your golems +2 levels.

Without +1 it's very unlikely but your golems can die to minotaur. with +1 i never lose ice golems to anything except phys reflect.

For Hardcore I would try hard to find a hat with +3levels, Concentrated Effect and Minion damage for my ice golems. Then I would put my other golems in my Belly of the Beast.

Really cant Do delve 300+? you killed uber elder, thought the build is strong enought, ill try it, may we need more defense?
Oh we absolutely can delve 300+ I just wouldn't be doing it in hardcore. At floor 417 with the right mods a random white monster tapped me for more than 6800.

We have way more than enough damage everything still just disappears at those levels... but with 0 block and minimal evasion, our armor doesn't outscale the damage deep delves do. You're better off avoiding the hits than trying to tank them.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Sep 19, 2018, 9:49:02 PM
So how could it be made more tanky without losing much golem dps? The problem I'm running into is when running through darkness to grab fossils or something I can just get flattened instantly because I'm leading instead of my golems (due to the situation).

Any suggestions? One major section is possibly taking the shield back for our own usage, or I guess having a real chest. Is that +1 all gems truly important enough to sacrifice all that defense?

"
Dromidas wrote:
So how could it be made more tanky without losing much golem dps? The problem I'm running into is when running through darkness to grab fossils or something I can just get flattened instantly because I'm leading instead of my golems (due to the situation).

Any suggestions? One major section is possibly taking the shield back for our own usage, or I guess having a real chest. Is that +1 all gems truly important enough to sacrifice all that defense?

You can try to play around with Corona Solaris. For little investment it gives Blind aura to enemies, causing them to miss 50% of the time. Grace is a good option too.

Flasks are also useful for additional physical damage mitigation.
Last edited by cyberxndr on Sep 20, 2018, 3:06:29 AM
Have you tried a minions blind + taunt abyssal jewel probably in belt so snowy bois can keep things off of you? seems like it would make a big difference in Delve.

Also, why no tree for a CI based occultist? I think I'll play around in PoB with that concept, you should be able to get much higher EHP and waste less points than with life nodes.
Last edited by Gutterflower on Sep 20, 2018, 6:29:42 AM
"
Dromidas wrote:

Check my post at the top of this page on how you can reclaim your chest slot and maintain the equivalent or a slight boost in dps with socketing our ice golem into an elder crafted helm (+2/+3 to minions).

As for delves, I am having large amounts of success exploring the darkness using phase run. The monsters tend to ignore you and go after your golems as long as you can keep it up. I am trying to get a video of delve recorded that doesn't have any stuttering in the quality. Will have uptopian update the main post with it once I can get that done.
"
Have you tried a minions blind + taunt abyssal jewel probably in belt so snowy bois can keep things off of you? seems like it would make a big difference in Delve.

Also, why no tree for a CI based occultist? I think I'll play around in PoB with that concept, you should be able to get much higher EHP and waste less points than with life nodes.

You'll note in my command of the pit i'm running blind + taunt minion jewels.

The reason i'm not running an Occultist CI tree is that if your focus is delving it's honestly better as cyberxndr's build which i link to. My build's primary focus is bossing/mapping and utilizing 9 golem aura stacking for good mitigation/regen/damage. If your not focused on deep delving then elementalist feels much better for mapping and bossing.

Deep delves require Avoidance not mitigation. For that you want to go low-life reserves, so go check out the other guide I linked to.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Sep 20, 2018, 8:40:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info