3.5 Primordial Chain Ice Golems - Snowybois (Working on Updates for 3.5)

Hi all, i'm a long time summoner golems/spectre player who wanted to give Elementalist a shot with the new necklace this season.

The idea here is pretty awesome and the credit goes to cyberxndr's Occultist Guide for getting me started down this path. Also a shoutout to mika2salo whose Flame Golems 101 i've been using since the day it was written.

Explanation
This guide was originally written as a paper concept but now that i've got it in action I can't stress how much fun this is.

Our golems give us immunity to Freeze, Shock, and 9 Golems allow us to really utilize liege of the primordial for that aura bonus per golem making us regen nearly as much as an RF character. I'm currently sitting at +1000 Life Regen

Optimal DPS is a 6/1/1/1 setup with either Lightning Or Flame Golem as the odd man out. I prefer no flame golem as Shock Immunity > Ignite Immunity for my playstyle.

SkillTree

This is the tree i recommend.
Life Based Tree

Here are two other trees i've been playing around with.
MoM Alternative
Rough Draft Acrobatics Alternative

Updated Pastebin so you can see my progress.
https://pastebin.com/bPDqzw76

Level 95 Pastebin with Might of the Meek.
https://pastebin.com/dgkV2UdS

So Liege of the Primordial and Elemancer are self explanatory, +1 Golems is a no brainer and our 9 golems gives us +225% stone/chaos aura which is PRETTY NIFTY. I elected for Beacon of Ruin over Paragon of Calamity because I enjoy the 20% minimum shock for bossing and ele proliferation for delving.

Paragon + Pendulum is much safer for mapping and is a very viable alternative.

MoM Alternative (I will be trying this one this season)
https://pastebin.com/2Ebxf8S6

Tried and true Life Based Phase Acrobatics
https://pastebin.com/ZcgeSirH

Bandits
Kill All

Stats
My Current Stats

6416 Life
106 ES
1135 Life Regen

Gear

Helm - Ideally you're looking for an Elder Helmet with +Minion Levels and Minion Life but anything with resists and life works. I run My 3 aura golems + Blind Support Here. Another option for bossing is 3 golems+Empower. A phenomenal Alternative starter helm is the Skullhead. Your golems here are little aurabots anyway and all of the stats on a Skullhead are wanted/needed. There are plenty of Good Lab Enchants for us, I prefer Stone Golem Buff but chaos buff, golem damage, phase run, orb of storms cast rate, aura's etc are all great.

Skin of the Loyal - Core skills are going to be Ice Golem/Minion Damage/Melee Phys/Empower/Multistrike for your last 1 while mapping run melee splash. For guardians and above run either maim or Concentrated Effect which is nearly identical damage to maim support once your cyclone cooldown is lowered enough from the Harmony stacking. 3R2B1G skins tend to be much more available/cheaper than 4R/1G/1B skins. Do not hesitate to buy one of these.

yakoob has pointed out that there's a way better chestpiece for us then skins at endgame.

We take a serrated fossil and we craft that onto an elder base. Ideal hit will be Prefix Supported Gems +1 Levels, Suffixes, Level 1 Maim Support.

This will allow us 6.5 Link with Ruthless support instead of Maim and hopefully some flat life on our Chestpiece. I'll Link one into the guide as soon as I craft it this league, an example is currently in the 3.5 PoB's.

ClayShaper - High Minion Life Rolls are great.

Victario's Charity - I cannot stress how good this shield is for minion builds. Rush Necro Aegis around 50 and use this.

Command of the Pit Gloves - 2 abyss jewels are not necessary we want this for the accuracy to minions, I run my hatred+generosity here. A great budget alternative to these are the "Grip of the Council" gloves.

Boots - All you are looking for in boots is resists/Life/movespeed rares.

Jewelry - The rest of your jewelry is used to get your resist cap and +life/ES. Minion Speed/Damage/Life is great but not needed.

Flasks

Bleed Immune Quicksilver flask as Bleed is the only status effect likely to kill us.

Rumi's Concoction Gets us some much needed block/spell block.

Forbidden Taste is absolutely bonkers for us considering we out-regen the degen it adds allowing us to basically have an 'instant' Karui's. You're regenning 1200/second anyway, if you need healing you need it RIGHT NOW.

For your Last Flask I would recommend a stibnite.

Jewels
1 Anima Stone = More Golems More Problems
1 Primordial Might: This thing is more important even then Anima Stone, your ice golems are NOT SMART without it. With it, they will run into the next room Rainbow 6 style clearing out mobs while you wait safely around a corner.
2-3 Primordial Eminence: 2-3 of these is optimal DPS, 3 is more defense for the player at the expense of a tiny amount of damage. 4 you start to lose a bit of damage. The optimal dps ratio of harmony/eminence will change depending on your Golems current stats/gear. It should almost always be 2-3 Eminence though I have never simmed it at 4 without 13 Jewel Sockets.
5-7 Primordial Harmony: You want good golem CDR rolls and good %Golem Damage. Because we're summoning at least 4 types of golems, the 20% vs 15% per golem type damage roll matters a bit more for us than other golemancers who aren't doing 6/1/1/1 or 5/1/1/1.

Pros/Cons
I've had a few people whispering me about the other ascendancies and I can't stress enough how for an Occultist guide head over to CyberXndr Occultist Guide

A couple of notes about the build.
Pros:
Very high damage
Great Life Regen, i'm sitting at 1100 in current gear setup
Immunity to freeze, shock
Amazing Uber-Lab Farmer, can afk in fire and make a sandwhich
Uber Elder Capable
If you have an RSI like I do, it's a 1-button build.

Cons:
I cannot stress how expensive this build is. It is not a league starter for any sane player.
You cannot do Phys-Reflect Maps, well you can but it is really annoying to resummon your golems all the time.
Mapping Speed is mediocre.
Cant tank 1-shot mechanics.
Aegis means you have no shield/block chance, no aegis means you're only doing 1.2 million shaper dps. Pick your poison
Very Expensive
Can be hard to cover resists, run purity of elements until you get your jewelry sorted out.
If you don't enjoy 1-button builds, this is not the build for you.

Elementalist

Pros:
Very High Life Regen, i'm at 1200/s
+17% Phys Reduction (Chaos Golem)
28% Increased Cast/Attack Speed (Lightning Golem)
800 Life Regen/Second Stone Golem Aura (PoB does not calculate your ascendancy bonus correctly)
Freeze, Shock, (Ignite?) Immunity
20% More damage from Beacon of Ruin
180% Increased Golem Damage
12% all resistances
Elemental Immunity for Ice, Fire, Lightning Golems.
+2 Golems

Cons:
Strictly Worse than Necro/Occultist for ES Based Builds (The Life Regen Aura is Wasted)
No Stun Immunity
Low Effective HP unless MoM (I'm currently sitting at 6400)
Poor Curse Effectiveness

Occultist

Pros:
+250 Flat ES (Modified by Skin of the loyal!)
32% Increased ES
Overall Better EHP than Necro or Elemancer
+1 Curse
15% Increased Curse Effectiveness
10% less Damage Taken to Enemies
Profane Bloom Explosions
Great ES Regen
Stun Immunity

Cons:
Your massive ES Regen is dependent on killing monsters. This is great for mapping but poor for bossing.
Golems are not Elemental Immune. I didn't have an issue with this except in Minotaur/Phoenix and Uber Elder.
No Freeze/Ignite/Shock Immunity
Much lower Single Target Damage than Elementalist due to bosses Reduced Curse Effectiveness.

Necromancer
Coming Soon TL:DR Self Offering is a helluva thing.

If your goal is really deep delving, I would recommend checking out Occultist, if your goal is Bossing stick with Elementalist.

Skills

4L - This is where you put your 2-4 aura golems. Stone Golem, Chaos Golem, Lightning Golem supported by minion life/empower.
6L - Ice Golem + Melee Phys Damage, Multistrike, Empower, Minion Damage and then either Maim, Damage on Full LIfe, Conc Effect, or Faster attacks.
3L - CWDT, Immortal Call, Convocation
2L - Hatred+Generosity
3L - Orb of Storms, Blasphemy - Temp Chains
1L - Phase Run

I was originally running a blasphemy setup but have since swapped to a Determination+Watcher's eye, Would honestly recommend Grace or Temp Chains over Determination though even with an eye. Do as I say not as I do.

The remaining open sockets can go to portal gems, flame dash, another utility skill.

3.5 Skills Setup
4L - This is where you put your 2-4 aura golems. Stone Golem, Chaos Golem, Lightning Golem supported by minion life/empower.
6L - Ice Golem + Melee Phys Damage, Multistrike, Empower, Minion Damage and then either Maim, Damage on Full LIfe, Conc Effect, or Faster attacks.
3L - CWDT, Immortal Call, Convocation
3L - Orb of Storms, Curse on Hit, Enfeeble
3L - Hatred+Generosity+Banner (run hatred in essence worm if using Mom)
1L - Phase Run
1L - Flame Dash
1L - Vaal Haste

Leveling

Start off with Freezing Pulse, grab zombies ASAP if you enjoy having meatshields around.

At Level 4 Grab Warbanner in preparation of Deus Vulting your way to victory later on.

At 12 slot in arc or SRS depending on preference. If you go SRS don't forget to craft a +1 fire gems wand as it makes a huge difference for them. I level Arc so arc+cd+added lightning damage

In act 3 Be sure to grab a hatred to start leveling in preperation for golems, it synergizes well if you're already using SRS.

Once you unlock Golems in Act 4 it's smooth sailing from here on out. Buy a clayshaper+primordial chain, and then go finish your first Lab, get your +1 Golem. Start with Flame Golems + controlled Destruction, Minion Damage, and LMP. If you have necklace/clayshaper+lab you will run 5 Fire Golems, 1 Stone. If you only have lab done run 2 fire golems and keep using arc/srs as preferred.

Start leveling Multistrike and your other ice golem links while you begin buying your harmonies + Eminence. Chase jewels from this point forward in your skill tree while you save up for your x2 primordial mights. Once you meet the level requirements, have 2-3 harmonies, 2 labs done, and a six-link tabula or skin, You can buy a 21/0 ice golem and swap from fire golems over to ice.

Tabula is a great alternative until you can afford a skin of the loyal and can be farmed relatively easily in blood aqueducts.

Don't forget that 3R,2B,1G skins are great budget alternatives, 1/3rd of the cost of 4R/1/1 skins right now. With 2 Blue run concentrated effect or minion speed support. It is extremely close to the 4R damage.

Update: Buy the cheapest skin available, new end-game goal is elder fossil crafted astral plate and skin is just tiding us over until we get there.

Videos

Uber Elder-https://streamable.com/hwkxh

Got super lucky and recorded a deathless video, normally I have 1 death to the tentacle phase because i'm god-awful at manually casting Immortal Call. I recommend removing your convocation and running Vaal Purity of ice in place of your Grace Aura for Uber Elder as well as a Cold Flask in slot 5.

You can see my hesitation in the video as I realize Determination and Purity of Ice don't share a color so I just ran Determination instead.

Hydra T16-https://streamable.com/3wi3k

Mastermind - https://youtu.be/9Q40ggjZc8s

Stottyboy's Deathless Uber Elder 1440p-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgTd4n8FetQ

A couple of people have asked me about the Dexterity requirements. Feel free to under-level your grace and Phase Run to help you meet your Dex requirements.

Update: Okay I think i'm finally happy with my level 95 tree and I've uploaded my latest pastebin. I picked up Might of the Meek for more HP and another Jewel slot dropping the minion wheel on the left. That wheel is still great for leveling/until you can afford all of your harmonies so feel free to take it and regret orb it out later.

I'm running a cast when damage taken/desecrate/flesh offering setup now dropping curse on hit+enfeeble. It helps my minions stay zoomier during maps anytime i'm hit they get their own personal vaal haste.

I tried playing around without Necromantic Aegis but the loss of movement speed on the minions just honestly feels very bad to play. The 30% block and armor/life from a shield would be welcome but I can't recommend it.

Thank you all for comments on the build, have fun in Delve!

EDIT: Maul builds are out boys, Fossil Crafted Chestpiece is in!

Patch Notes Update
So the phase run visibility nerf from 80% > 50% is kind of a big deal. Waiting to see what the minion damage nerf will do to us before I update the guide.

3.5 Updates in Progress
Here's the current pastebin I'm playing around with. This season I'm going to attempt MoM+Banner alongside hatred giving up a defensive aura in favor of MoM. Hatred will be in an essence worm.

New MoM Build that i'm trying.
https://pastebin.com/2Ebxf8S6

Updated Phase Acro Build for the people who enjoyed that.
https://pastebin.com/ZcgeSirH

Good Advice for 3.5

The following post was made by ziuteczek123456 and is a great breakdown of how to adjust to the challenges of this league.

As I'm getting close to 90 lvl, here are my suggestion how to fine tune this build a little more (DPS is more than ok:)

In this league we're facing a cummulation of damage spikes in fights with against syndicate members, which imho force us to think about more defensive measures. Taking this into account I've introducted following changes to the build:

1. enfeeble + blashemy to reduce spikes range pre-emptively. I died 2-3 times while getting out of phase run to cast it manually..

2. Phase run + increased duration to 100% cover in shadows for dangerous fights (icreased duration supports also vaal haste and lightning trap)

3. Using armor with high life pool

4. Regenerate 2% of life % mana when hit as boots enchant -> works very well with MoM

5. New enchant on ring -> 6% of damage restored as mana over 4 seconds -> another regen option

6. taking life based nodes on the left side of skill tree ("Barbarian" nodes: life + all resistance), which also allows us to use another jewel slot in 3 more moves

7. Gloves enchant: some non-cold elemental based to proc EE. I got the one "of ire" that makes me cast a spinning lightning vortex proccing EE for our ice golems.

Those changes still keep 95% of original build (i'm using exacly the same jewels as originally intended), but make my play much more comfortable.

Cheers!

To those returning to this guide, be sure to check out the updated Chestpiece in the gear section for fossil crafting a skin of the loyal alternative. It's simming better than both skin and 2H Shaper maces and will be our new end-game goal.

Mastermind down! I'll be uploading a video shortly. You can laugh at how bad I am as I learn the fight mechanics.

P.S. as 3.5 comes around please don't add me in-game. Ask questions here in the thread, i'll be playing the new league and won't have time to answer you + it benefits everyone to have the questions asked/answered here.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Dec 14, 2018, 11:51:14 AM
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2018, 12:49:03 AM
hey
im also working on a build same to this.

first i dont see a point using sr since u wil never sand in 1 place for it to Mather much. just go arc + unbound aliment support gem.

me on the other side think on going mom not es ( maybe just me but never liked es )
also whit 9 golems and the uber lab stone golem ench
u reach 375% effect of stone golem

i get to 900 life reg and 350 mana reg
whit around 7.5k effective life pool
Reserved
Last edited by Utopian238 on Sep 13, 2018, 2:57:47 PM
re: Defense
Immunities are nice. Mitigation layers work too, depending on the damage type your facing. But the best thing you can do for your defense imo is stack EHP. Your chosen uniques will eventually lose out to a good rare on your upgrade path:

Vertex: chaos res can be reasonably capped without it

Skin: offensive piece with average/mediocre defensive value

Death's Door: build has plenty of flask freedom, which makes this a QOL piece rather than a true defensive upgrade

re: Shock
Unfortunately(?), the increased shock effect from spells like Arc don't work like that. As Elementalist+Beacon, your 20% guaranteed shock effect would be 20% x 1.29 = 25.8% total shock effect. Other than that, your basic premise is correct for SR-CWC-shock spell.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 27, 2018, 12:27:18 PM
Thank you very much for the shock math, that seems way more reasonable I made this entire post because I was scratching my head going "Surely that can't be right!" Appreciate all of the input.
"
Completed 20 ChallengesUtopian238 wrote:
Spoiler
I'm torn between Hybrid vs CI but since we're planning to use the new necklace I can't figure out a good replacement for Chayula's and am going hybrid for now. This may change if I can find a life based tree/build I like that doesn't give up too much.

You can also allocate Unwavering Stance keystone. It takes only 6 skill points to get Stun immunity, if additionally somehow to grab a jewel socket below the Constitution notable.

The downside is that ES-based build would still suffer without ES bonus from Chayula. But if all you need from Chayula is stun immunity, then Unwavering Stance is a good option.
Ice Golems Occultist: /2199638
Last edited by cyberxndr on Aug 29, 2018, 11:23:44 AM
Updated with the final build I ended up running. Still working out whether I want to curse Temp Chains via Blasphemy or Enfeeble in an on-hit setup and running arctic armor and playing around with a few other things, very very strong so far.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Sep 5, 2018, 6:19:38 PM
Any videos or gifs of this in action?

And/or updated PoB/Build guide/Gear?
My comp has trouble recording with OBS but i'll try to show me being god-awful at one of these Uber-Elder Kills. Don't laugh when you watch it, be impressed at how far the build is carrying such a baddie.

I am astonished at how fast I clear T16 maps once my gear was up and running.

Here's the updated Pastebin

https://pastebin.com/zduvqr8w

I'm playing around with Determination right now because I got a double determination watcher's eye, but I think generally Vaal Grace+Hatred is going to be better. If you don't have the mana reduction from an elder hat grab 4% from a nearby node, Grace being doubled by Skin of the Loyal is pretty huge for survivability.

Skullhead is a great budget hat that someone I talked to today is running. Adding it to the suggested pieces.

Last edited by Utopian238 on Sep 13, 2018, 12:28:14 PM
Do you cast any spells yourself? Does a ball lightning move quick enough to curse on hit ahead of the golems while mapping?

Edit: How is delve going for you? Able to go fairly deep so far without much trouble?
Last edited by BoJankles on Sep 12, 2018, 8:07:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info