(STD ONLY) 18k es, 6k net regen / sec LL RF, 1 mil shaper DPS!

DISCLAIMER
This build is made in standard league, and makes use of many different items only available in standard league, and these items ARE NOT CHEAP!

Can this build be made on a budget? Sure, but in my opinion without a really good watchers eye / legacy es shield / access to transcendent mind jewels you'll likely find more success using other versions of RF like these two:

Spoiler
GUARDIAN: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2088517

JUGG: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1985355

I aimed to build the absolute best version of RF I could, and without these items the build will simply fall flat (mostly against bosses due to having less regen). Now, with that out of the way...

INTRODUCTION
Spoiler

Hello everyone,

My name is WalkwithWolves and I have been playing POE since Essence League. Over time I began to enjoy the game more and more, and sought to find a longer term goal to hold my interest.

I was looking for a character to build that would offer very good mapping clear speed, while also having excellent damage, survivability and sustain. And when I say excellent, I mean excellent... I'm talking almost 20k ehp, near a mil shaper dps, and good clear speed for maps without full mirror items.... Is it too good to be true? Well read on!

Righteous Fire seemed like a great option as an archetype since the damage is partly scaled by stacking defense, but many of the versions I looked at lacked something... They were either 1) super tanky but had no dmg, or 2) super damage focused but had bad single target regen for sustained fights, 3) had plenty of damage and survivability for tough fights but mapped slower than turtles.

After some excessive theorycrafting I have come up with what I consider to be the absolute most well-rounded RF variant you can run:

Low Life Righteous Fire Occultist.

This build was previously impossible to make for all content, mostly because the Occultist couldn't get enough regen on single targets to outperform the Juggernaut Life-based or Guardian Low-Life based versions. This all changed in patch 3.3, with the advent of a new unique jewel:

Transcendent Mind.

With Transcendent Minds, combined with a powerful watcher's eye jewel and some other clever itemization, this character is now able to get INCREDIBLE amounts of net regen, making it able to mitigate a downside we previously couldn't ignore!!!

Disclaimer: This build was also theorycrafted with the true king of Low Life RF himself, Fritso.

WHAT ARE THE PROS / CONS OF THIS BUILD?
Spoiler

PROS
☑ Insane Regen (2k+ net es regen / sec without flasks or pantheon procs):

☑ Incredible Mapping Versatility

☑ 17k es, 20k+ es with great gear

☑ Near 1 mil combined shaper dps with Righteous Fire and Scorching Ray

☑ Incredible gear scaling

☑ Excellent elemental damage mitigation (82 fire and lightning res, 81 cold resistance)

☑ Can stand in Esh Breaches and eat the lightning balls for lunch, afk shaper and other friends of his!

CONS
1) Expensive build (needs very high legacy es shield, watchers eye, lvl 4 enlighten)

2) Needs items from Incursion League (Transcendent Mind might not be available in future)

3) Can't COMPLETELY afk / facetank shaper or uber elder as well as Guardian in all situations (although you can get VERY close!)

BUT WWW, WHY OCCULTIST? I HEARD X VERSION OF RF IS BETTER...
Spoiler

We pick occultist over (insert other RF version here) for several main reasons:

1) Better EHP than Jugg, Trickster, Scion or Guardian.

Our Occultist version has an insane EHP total when built correctly, only being surpassed by Mana Guardians or incredibly tanky low life RF chars that do much less damage. With my current gear I'm almost at 19k es, and this can be pushed much further with very good items.

However, unlike the Guardian, our version DOES NOT RELY ON STACKING AND RESERVING MANA TO REACH SUCH ES TOTALS! This makes the gearing more flexible and allowing us to be more greedy with our itemization.

2) This character significantly outperforms all other RF versions in terms of mapping.

LL RF Guardians need to reroll maps like less regen, minus max, etc to be comfortable. Same with the Juggernaut. For the Occultist we can run all map mods except no regen, meaning the character simply outperforms the Guardian and Juggernaut in map rolling versatility.

On top of that the clearspeed itself is better on Occultist, due to the profane bloom explosions. This ascendency node acts like a free Inpulsa explosion, detonating cursed enemies corpses' for 25% of their maximum life as chaos damage to surrounding targets. This helps eliminate porcupines and other on-death monsters effects, but more importantly helps clearspeed significantly.

Lastly the Occultist version is near immortal in maps due to Vile Bastion. We regen around 30% of our total es per second ON TOP of the normal regen we get, meaning if we clear quickly we are damn near immortal.

3) The occultist has the ability to wear some incredibly powerful amulets due to our inherent immune to stun!

Tired of needing presence of Chayula to avoid being stunned on a low life char? Never fear, the occultist is immune to stun while it has energy shield, meaning we're always immune to stun. Why is this good? You'll see in a bit :)

ITEMIZATION
Spoiler

This build stacks energy shield from intelligence and flat es, so these are the two most important general properties for our character.

SHIELD

Spoiler

This shield is arguably the most expensive and most important item of the build. Legacy shields have a crafted mod that allows us to take 20% reduced damage from damage over time, of which Righteous Fire is. Essentially it's 20% less degen, which combined with an insane es total helps make it a key cornerstone of this variation of LL RF.

Simply go for the highest es shield you can get, and remember that Int is important as well! 10 Int is 2% maximum es, so grabbing Int can be a good way to try and grab a better shield on a smaller budget.

Fritso owns the original shield I use and linked above, and as a token of good faith he's let me offer you guys 10 Exalts off the mirror fee of 50Ex if you mirror his shield and say I sent you. His mirror thread is below:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1183412

BOOTS

Spoiler

High es boots with Int and resistances are ideal, so aim for the highest es and int / res your budget allows. If you can't spend as much you can wear Sin Treks, which offer tons of es / int but no resistances.

Make sure to enchant them in uber lab for "Regenerate 2% of life and mana per second if you've been hit recently." This gives us a lot more regen when we need it!

RINGS & AMULET

Spoiler

Standard league has some amazing es rings available, as rings used to have a mod that gave up to 20% increased maximum es. "Rapture Finger," is a ring I mirrored from Ahfack that's completely insane. You're looking for % max es, int, flat es, and resistances / increased fire damage if possible.

As for the Amulet slot the Presence of Chayula is great, as it gives a ton of overall ES and some chaos res.

HOWEVER...

Delve league brought the return of one of the most OP regen items ever in POE:

Eyes of the Greatwolf was a talisman that until now was so rare it wasn't even worth including. This amulet is INSANE for our char, because we are immune to stun anyways as occultist so dont need to rely on presence of chayula.

An eyes of the Greatwolf with increased attributes or increased global defenses, combined with the life regen roll are in my opinion the BIS possible amulets we can use for regen.

If you're more ambitious you can go for an elder marble amulet, and try to craft it to get more regen overall. A well rolled one can get up to 3.6% net regen, which adds almost 700 net regen per second to our character (almost the same amount as our vitality aura!)

BELT

Spoiler

A shaped belt with "increased energy shield recovery rate," is by far for the most important stat. This is a multiplier for our overall regen, and it won't be shown in our tooltip but you'll notice it in Pob.

Aside from that aim for high resistances and ES. A shaped crystal or stygian belt are best in slot, but can get quite pricey. You can also use shrieking / deafening essence of spite on a belt to force an int roll, which is a very handy way to get some amazing results from crafting belts.

HELMET

Spoiler

A high es, res and int helmet is best in slot. Not much else to say here, ideally you'll want a mana reservation enchant for Vitality, Discipline, Purity of Ice, Fire or Lightning, or a righteous fire / scorching ray enchant on it if possible.

WEAPON

Spoiler

I prefer Dreadbeak, for the global increased damage (which applies to RF and Scorching Ray), free onslaught and life gained on hit which helps us use vaal RF more frequently. You can also use a Doryani's Catalyst, or a Brightbeak for mapping if you find your damage is sufficient.

GLOVES

Spoiler

We'll be putting our RF setup in our gloves, and to maximize the damage you'll want to make sure you use gloves crafted with essence of delirium. This essence puts a suffix on the gloves that gives socketed gems 30% more elemental damage, which essentially turns our RF into a 5 link.

Aim for the highest es / int / resistances you can afford, but remember to make sure you use the essence of delirium if you're crafting them yourselves!

CHEST

Spoiler

Shavronne's Wrappings is required for the build, since without it chaos damage will bypass our ES and instantly kill us.

There are plenty of options here. Double legacy shavs go above 480 ES, while current ones with +1 socketed gems corrupt or +2 duration gems corrupts are quite valuable. Aim for the highest es you can, or go for a corrupted version with some good implicits (+ level of duration gems, reduced fire damage taken, +1 socketed gems, reduced dmg from crits, lots of options).

FLASKS

Spoiler

The flask setup is fairly flexible for our character. A ruby flask helps give a ton of net ES regen / sec by raising your max fire resistance, and a sulphur flask gives us 6% extra ES regen while standing on the consecrated ground combined with 40% increased Scorching Ray and Righteous Fire damage.

Rumi's Concoction is a great flask to help bring us to near block cap (Sorry Shaper, most of your slams won't hit us at all) and a quicksilver flask helps make mapping even faster.

You'll want to make sure to get curse removal and freeze removal on two of your flasks, which flasks you use with those affixes is up to you. Bleed removal is also nice for Uber atziri / Uber Lab runs, but with our regen levels we actually can oftentimes regen through the bleed without needing to remove it!

WATCHER'S EYE & JEWELS

Spoiler

This jewel, combined with transcendent mind is what made Occultist LL RF the insane beast it is today. The most important stat here is "increased energy shield recovery rate while affected by discipline." As for the other mod you have two options. % of es regen while affected by Discipline can give awesome regen, but you'll have less total es than if you opt for "Gain % of maximum mana as energy shield."

These can be quite pricey, so opt for what your budget allows. Keep in mind though that a double-mod watchers eye is what really helps push the Occultist version over the top, so if you can't afford one yet keep saving: it'll be worth it!

You'll need two Transcendent Minds to help get our regen to AFK-Shaper typed levels. These are upgraded Incursion only items, so keep in mind they will not drop in the future unless GGG reintroduces Incursion to the core game / adds them as a possible div card.

You'll want 2 of these jewels as well to add to your total ES. Legacy ones go up to 12%, whereas current ones go to 6% maximum ES. These jewels transform the surrounding life nodes to apply to ES, so we'll be putting them in key locations on our passive skill tree to maximize ES.

For your remaining jewels go for 3 or 4 prop cobalt jewels with % increased maximum energy shield. Other good mods include:

% increased burning damage
% increased fire damage
% increased damage over time
% increased damage

SKILL TREE AND JEWEL PLACEMENT

Spoiler

http://poeurl.com/b2bq
This is the skill tree at lvl 95. I would recommend not switching to this build until at least level 90, as we do really need that many skill points to make the character feel smooth.

You'll want to slot energy from within jewels into the "melding," cluster (to the right and below witch start):

and below Zealot's Oath for another massive ES boost:

Place your main transcendent mind jewel here:

And your other Transcendent Mind above Elemental Equilibrium, right here:

SKILL GEMS AND LINKS
Spoiler

6L CHEST
SCORCHING RAY - EFFICACY - CONTROLLED DESTRUCTION - ELEMENTAL FOCUS - SWIFT AFFLICTION - BURNING DAMAGE

GLOVES (RF SETUP)
RIGHTEOUS FIRE - INCREASED AREA OF EFFECT - ELEMENTAL FOCUS -BURNING DAMAGE

BOOTS (AURAS)
ENLIGHTEN (LVL 4) - -PURITY OF ICE-BLOOD MAGIC - VITALITY

SHIELD (MOVEMENT SKILL)
FASTER ATTACKS -SHIELD CHARGE - FORTIFY

HELMET
ORB OF STORMS - PURITY OF LIGHTNING (LVL 21) - CURSE ON HIT - ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS

WEAPON
CLARITY (LVL 7) -DISCIPLINE - PURITY OF FIRE (LVL 21)

Last edited by WalkwithWolves on Oct 20, 2018, 11:45:22 AM
Last bumped on Nov 7, 2018, 10:22:22 AM
I'm a standard player and your gear is bananas.... like batshit crazy good LOL!! props
Haha thanks man, it took me a long time to grow into!

The best thing about this char is you truly have a reason to upgrade. Every bit of int, es, and regen really does make a whole world of difference. You get rewarded more so by maximizing a character like this than almost any other character i've found in POE.

If you have any other questions let me know!
"

DISCLAIMER
This build is made in standard league, and makes use of many different items only available in standard league, and these items ARE NOT CHEAP!

The Jewels you're talking about drop and they're fairly cheap.

Knowing that, do you think this is the best RF variant to play in Delve?

I have some currency saved up and want to run the best RF I can.

If it's not Occultist, what's best?

Would love your thoughts.
livejamie
Hey Jamie,

That's true the jewels do drop in delve!

The issue with temp leagues however is the es regen. Occultist will be amazing for mapping clear speed still, but it might be too difficult to get amazing regen levels in Delve without some standard legacy gear.

I'd most likely recommend guardian if you want the most es / regen possible in delve, otherwise life based juggernaut will also be a great temp league option.
Hello!

I'm coming from Diablo Mobile and this looks awesome! What do you recommend me to get first getting started with this build? Right now I have a medium size budget of around 20c.

Kind regards
"
spamilator wrote:
Hello!

I'm coming from Diablo Mobile and this looks awesome! What do you recommend me to get first getting started with this build? Right now I have a medium size budget of around 20c.

Kind regards

You be already having 20c? You is rich boiy! That easy buyz all stuff needs this build plus 2 necropolis maps for leveling up.

Me even thinks the OP would be selling all his stuffs to your for that 20c.
"
spamilator wrote:
Hello!

Kind regards

Lol, nice trolling there :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info