[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

"
Lightbringr wrote:
"
Fluxje wrote:
Alright so this might be a big post, but I will see it at the end.
First of all, I completely SSF'd this league.

Did you leave SSF Betrayal? Were you able to defeat Uber Elder in SSF? I see that you are in Betrayal League, not SSF. I was thinking of doing this build next major patch for SSF but from what I'm reading, seems like Uber Elder is insanely hard to do with it, even if all other content can be cleared. Would like to be able to have a build that can clear everything.

Regarding Uber Elder, like I've said before, is not easy. It took me about 10 sets of fragments before I was able to defeat it, I've killed him a few times now, but learning the fight is a big part of it. At first I did not think I could kill him, it seemed hopeless, but kept at it, made changes, farmed gear in SSF and eventually was able to get him. Not easy to do, but doable. Depends how much time and effort you are willing to put into it. Not to mention I was level 97...so if you wanna use this build for EVERYTHING in SSF, can it be done? Yes...but it will be difficult.

My build is tankier and Aspect of the Crab helps tremendously, but by no means have I been able to deathless kill him yet. Usually die once or twice. On one attempt, died on the 5th portal, but he burned to death. Got real lucky. I should also note, I cannot clear EVERYTHING, there is one thing I forgot, Grandmasters Map, but that's a gimmicky map for certain builds.
"
Korruptus wrote:

Regarding Uber Elder, like I've said before, is not easy. It took me about 10 sets of fragments before I was able to defeat it, I've killed him a few times now, but learning the fight is a big part of it. At first I did not think I could kill him, it seemed hopeless, but kept at it, made changes, farmed gear in SSF and eventually was able to get him. Not easy to do, but doable. Depends how much time and effort you are willing to put into it. Not to mention I was level 97...so if you wanna use this build for EVERYTHING in SSF, can it be done? Yes...but it will be difficult.

My build is tankier and Aspect of the Crab helps tremendously, but by no means have I been able to deathless kill him yet. Usually die once or twice. On one attempt, died on the 5th portal, but he burned to death. Got real lucky. I should also note, I cannot clear EVERYTHING, there is one thing I forgot, Grandmasters Map, but that's a gimmicky map for certain builds.

I honestly recommend you try out the gem-linked setup i described in the long post i made.
Phase Run together with Kaoms roots will help alot. Once you have a decent amount of casting speed, 20%+ there is no way you can defend running shield charge/leap slam.
Uber Elder is mostly experience anyways, the guy who killed Uber Elder at lvl 34 kinda proves that by itself.
And about Hall of the Grandmasters, pretty sure 99.9% of all builds will fail against that. You need to make a specific build to clear that, its not the other way around :)
Last edited by Fluxje on Feb 4, 2019, 2:45:17 PM
Thanks for the detailed build! I finally got a chest where I could link 4 of the main spells to, and CWC is game changing vs not having it.

Love the build so far. This is my first character in PoE. I'm currently around level 56, leveling up I feel like I have huge mana problems. I have a flask with instant mana recharge, that is a big game changer, but I still feel lacking as I tend to die a lot and run out of mana on boss fights. Any recommendations for getting more mana?

Also I feel super dex starved and I gotta play around with gear just to get some dex gear on here and there. Any other way to address this besides gear?

Okay, so looking over the whole thread Warlord's Mark with Blashpemy will give you massive manage leech regen. This locks up like 75% of my mana with herald of ash and Warlord's Mark, will my mana basically regen on all hits to make up for my low mana?

I guess I can try it at home, unless I'm doing something wrong.
Last edited by TinyJuggs on Feb 5, 2019, 2:00:45 PM
This is my first Chieftian character and I decided to go with this build, which turns out to be a really fun build! Thanks to the Cellstorm for sharing it.

"
Fluxje wrote:

Done, see the post above this one :)

Thanks for updating! :)
I've learned a lot from reading the discussion in the thread.
I will be makeing some changes to my build and see how it goes.
"
TinyJuggs wrote:
Love the build so far. This is my first character in PoE. I'm currently around level 56, leveling up I feel like I have huge mana problems. I have a flask with instant mana recharge, that is a big game changer, but I still feel lacking as I tend to die a lot and run out of mana on boss fights. Any recommendations for getting more mana?

Also I feel super dex starved and I gotta play around with gear just to get some dex gear on here and there. Any other way to address this besides gear?

Okay, so looking over the whole thread Warlord's Mark with Blashpemy will give you massive manage leech regen. This locks up like 75% of my mana with herald of ash and Warlord's Mark, will my mana basically regen on all hits to make up for my low mana?

Yes, you need to run Warlords Mark with Blasphemy to deal with mana issues. This will sustain you indefinitely, as long as monsters are not hexproof or you can not leech mana from them. Something you wont encounter until you start mapping.

Regarding dex starvation, you are absolutely correct. And in fact so much, that it will limit your gear up to a point that the skills are not worth it.

That is one of the reasons why i changed my gem/skillbuild, which i described on the previous page.

The main culprits are Blood Rage (which you should not run at higher end mapping anyways because of the degen) and maybe vaal haste if you are running that.
Instead you run 2-3 quicksilver flasks while leveling, and 1 when you start mapping. Stibnite flask is just not worth it imho, since we are not an evasion build, and the only thing that it does is adding unreliable 'mitigation'.
If you do run the skill build I recommend, only level up phase run till 9-10, or lower if your gear does not allow it.
You can temporarily take a +30 Dex Node in your passive tree if you really need to, but its just not worth it in the long run.
Last edited by Fluxje on Feb 5, 2019, 3:00:53 PM
"
Fluxje wrote:
"
TinyJuggs wrote:

Yes, you need to run Warlords Mark with Blasphemy to deal with mana issues. This will sustain you indefinitely, as long as monsters are not hexproof or you can not leech mana from them. Something you wont encounter until you start mapping.

Regarding dex starvation, you are absolutely correct. And in fact so much, that it will limit your gear up to a point that the skills are not worth it.

That is one of the reasons why i changed my gem/skillbuild, which i described on the previous page.

The main culprits are Blood Rage (which you should not run at higher end mapping anyways because of the degen) and maybe vaal haste if you are running that.
Instead you run 2-3 quicksilver flasks while leveling, and 1 when you start mapping. Stibnite flask is just not worth it imho, since we are not an evasion build, and the only thing that it does is adding unreliable 'mitigation'.
If you do run the skill build I recommend, only level up phase run till 9-10, or lower if your gear does not allow it.
You can temporarily take a +30 Dex Node in your passive tree if you really need to, but its just not worth it in the long run.

Great thanks for the advice, I already started setting up my gems similar to you, have you changed anything on your PoB passive skills?

Also my friends who got me into the game have some currency and wanna hook me up with some gear, any ideas for stuff I should look for? I just have a Loreweave and some leveling gear for now,I think my mace is pretty good, not sure if you can see my gear. Any BiS recommendations or stats to prioritize?
As far as my flasks, I'll get an elemental resist to replace my evasion one, or maybe a damage reduction one?

Yea, I think I'll just deal with having little Dex for now,
"
TinyJuggs wrote:

Great thanks for the advice, I already started setting up my gems similar to you, have you changed anything on your PoB passive skills?

Also my friends who got me into the game have some currency and wanna hook me up with some gear, any ideas for stuff I should look for? I just have a Loreweave and some leveling gear for now,I think my mace is pretty good, not sure if you can see my gear. Any BiS recommendations or stats to prioritize?
As far as my flasks, I'll get an elemental resist to replace my evasion one, or maybe a damage reduction one?

Yea, I think I'll just deal with having little Dex for now,

No my skilltree should still be the same, the post shaper one at least.

I think your character profile is private, since I can not view it.
Regarding items your friend can give you, if he has a spare oak lying around, that will help alot over the ele flask.
Just make sure you have your resistances up to your max when you start mapping, if your friend can help with that, that will be your biggest win.
Otherwise abyssal jewels AND/or damage gain through a weapon / shield will be the next thing to aim for.
Last edited by Fluxje on Feb 9, 2019, 3:31:17 AM
Really nice build, I will take it as a starter next league. Thank you.
For those playing in trade league, the new craft that turns any weapon into a mini poet's pen feels great with this build so far. I'm currently leveling the build and have a low level wand with it, and once I have some more chromes plan on experimenting between spell cascade + desecrate, and unearth + gmp + cremation because why not? Though the corpse generation feels best with desecrate, and in the long game it will also generate higher level corpses.

Also toyed with the idea of maybe switching to Scorching Ray and picking up EE and tossing in an orb of storms or storm brand, but with the amount of balls from VD going out I don't think it will be enough to make it effective.

Edit: As another note, something I'm keeping an eye out for now is a shaped sceptre with spell cascade support, an empty suffix, and whatever best combination of % fire, added fire to spells, and cast speed I can find or work into it. This would let me craft the skill trigger and go Desecrate + GMP + Unearth for maximum extra corpse generation.
Last edited by PurpleBlades on Feb 16, 2019, 10:33:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info