[3.6 discontinued] Ice Golems - Adrenaline mapping - 6 Auras / 3 Curses

"
Endofar wrote:
how unusable would this build be trying to run it in SSF?
probably to many needed items/jewels i'd guess?

Hi. It's impossible, I'd say. Drop rate for jewels is very low, it's hard to get even 2-3 of them during the season. And you need 14. So no, this definetely wouldn't be the best experience :)
Been mostly following this in delve so far. I'm lvl 85 and don't even have close to all the gems and gear to complete the build. Still been crushing content pretty hard and still have room to grow the build almost 10 fold dps wise.

One thing I noticed playing around on PoB, a well rolled Bone Helmet provides a minor dps increase. could be nice since you can roll whatever stats you want on the helmet. I'm not sure if that helps the build or not and I'm still not sure if there is any crazy crafting available in delve to pump this build even further.

PoB also shows that swapping for 1 Primordial Eminence is comparable dps to the final Harmony. I think You'd want a very well rolled one since they are super cheap but having 1 Eminence might offer a bit more utility than the 11th Harmony.

Build is quite expensive in delve, I was thinking I would be able to grab most of the gems for around an exalt but prices inflated and now is closer to 5ex for the gems. I've only managed to grab 4 Harmonies so far and I'm trying to save up for the more expensive gems right now. Having issues getting uber lab finished with my current pretty pathetic setup. I will keep grinding my way towards filling out the build but it's been a pretty rough slog for me so far.
"
bwar wrote:
Been mostly following this in delve so far. I'm lvl 85 and don't even have close to all the gems and gear to complete the build. Still been crushing content pretty hard and still have room to grow the build almost 10 fold dps wise.

One thing I noticed playing around on PoB, a well rolled Bone Helmet provides a minor dps increase. could be nice since you can roll whatever stats you want on the helmet. I'm not sure if that helps the build or not and I'm still not sure if there is any crazy crafting available in delve to pump this build even further.

Hi :). Elder helmet is a nice option indeed, either for Ice golems or supportive ones. It offers a lot of ES, +3 minion gems, and minion life/damage support. What we lose however is freeze immunity and some reduced mana reservation, so it's matter of preference.
I'm still trying to fit Elder helmet in this build, since its bonuses very sweet (especially defensive ones for Delve, since golems start to lack HP at depth 250+, and more ES is always good), but downsides are also real, so it's not an easy trade :)

"
bwar wrote:

PoB also shows that swapping for 1 Primordial Eminence is comparable dps to the final Harmony. I think You'd want a very well rolled one since they are super cheap but having 1 Eminence might offer a bit more utility than the 11th Harmony.

You are right, the best DPS is achievable by combining Harmonies and Eminences in proportion. Depending on your setup it may be better to take some Eminences to boost DPS. It's more single-target oriented, since it doesn't count cooldown reductions, but it totally fine as a league starter.

For the endgame, Eminences are less effective, since we have a lot of +attack speed nodes from the tree, and also running Haste (with Vaal Haste bursts).

"
bwar wrote:

Build is quite expensive in delve, I was thinking I would be able to grab most of the gems for around an exalt but prices inflated and now is closer to 5ex for the gems. I've only managed to grab 4 Harmonies so far and I'm trying to save up for the more expensive gems right now. Having issues getting uber lab finished with my current pretty pathetic setup. I will keep grinding my way towards filling out the build but it's been a pretty rough slog for me so far.

Yeah, I was surprised by the prices too. I don't rushed to Harmonies and just bought a Primordial Chain amulet, and that's was enough for early maps. By the way, second Primordial Might is not required at all, you need just an Anima Stone. Golems tends to rush cursed enemies well enough.

Harmonies are good, but they can be defered with Profane Bloom explosions to raise clearspeed. Just ensure you are running curse with blasphemy to allow Profane Bloom explosions and it should be fine.

Uber lab was a bit tricky for me as Occultist, however, with enough Harmonies it's trivial. Just stack 4k ES and the golems should finish the job, 15-20 sec for Izaro stage is pretty decent time with 7-8 harmonies.

The good news is that Occultist become stronger with time. Compared to Necro and Elementalist, we have very good ES regen that are incredible in Delves, and double curse is also helping a lot. I'm in 300 depth currently and the survilability is not a problem at all with all defensive mechanics we have. (I really should to update the guide to mirror some changes, that would be done soon)

Thank you for the feedback! You've noticed a lot of good points that were not covered.
I do love blasting through delves with this build, can't wait until I get the tree and gear filled out so I can start pushing towards deeper depths!
This is the fastest clearing golem build I've witnessed. Actually,not just golems, this rivals or exceeds all the other minion builds I've seen as well. Good stuff.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
nm
Last edited by blastarus on Sep 10, 2018, 4:00:17 PM
Why no shavs?
"
DOMEDIESDAS wrote:
Why no shavs?

SoTL gives +2 level to golems (with Empower), thats ~20% more damage. It's also cheap and already 6L with right colors. Shavs is more defensive option, and it's pretty expensive.

Generally, chaos damage is not an issue if we cap chaos resistances and take 2 pantheon skills for chaos damage mitigation. Most chaos damage can be outregened by Stone Golem buff (105 hp/sec). Additionally, Coruscating Elixir can be used for some hot situations.
I feel like my question is flat out silly but I would like to ask...
How is the progression in the mines with this build?

Apologies in advance if I'm one of the "broken record" types. And thank you for your response!

Build looks fabulous and I like that you went with Ice Golem instead of the norm of Flame Golems! :)
"
Pracis wrote:
I feel like my question is flat out silly but I would like to ask...
How is the progression in the mines with this build?

Apologies in advance if I'm one of the "broken record" types. And thank you for your response!

Build looks fabulous and I like that you went with Ice Golem instead of the norm of Flame Golems! :)

There are some records in "Video" section related to mines :)

I'm at 420 depth currently and the things are pretty smooth. Golems tends to deal enough DPS, and it's still possible to survive a few occasional hits. Mobs tends do not attack the character, and the main source of incoming damage therefore is random spells or projectiles. The only limiting factor is sulfite at this point.

I think its possible to reach something like ~550 depth with the current setup. Then the golems will start to suffer. Some adjustments would required for this case, like running Warlord Mark for endurance charges (+45% physical mitigation) and 2% life leech for minions. There are a lot of possible adjustments, generally, so the build is not even close to its limits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info