Am I alone in my approach to this game ?

I have only created one character since I got the game, 450 hours as my sunder berserker, I have no interest in starting a new character for any league, I realise this limits my experience, I’ve not finished the atlas yet. Do you think there will be future dlc that does not require starting a new character ?

Any other Poe players in the same boat as me ?

Nick
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2018, 9:03:54 PM
Its unlikely.

That is what standard is for essentially. Continuity without starting a new char.

League players play leagues for the fresh economy which will always require new chars.

Don't think you are alone though. I am sure there are a lot of people like you in standard.

Like you said though, there are a ton of fun skills in the game that you will never see if you stick to one char!

~Myth
you do you pal.
Second-class poe gamer
Uhm like... standard?
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
* Cough *

YES! The main attraction in this arpg is in the humongous build diversity so it makes no sense to play only one build forever. Trying out a multitude of different play styles is the fun of being here in PoE. Grind a build through the 10 acts, play some maps (grind into the 70s levels), then look at build guides to see which build you want to try next. Play that build through the acts, switch back and forth between different builds to stave of repetitive attack skill boredom (eventually get your builds to the level 90 softcap), and enjoy. Unless you super race a build and/or team play the grind from 90 to 100 isn't worth the time.

GGG gives players 2 dozen character slots so make multiple builds. There are many super fun skills to try so don't burn out on just one.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
You are not alone, I have 340 hours in standard only as one elementalist
"
Wick5ter wrote:
I have only created one character since I got the game, 450 hours as my sunder berserker, I have no interest in starting a new character for any league, I realise this limits my experience, I’ve not finished the atlas yet. Do you think there will be future dlc that does not require starting a new character ?

Any other Poe players in the same boat as me ?

Nick

dont worry, that happens because you are new and you have a "connection" with that char.
you will eventualy get bored, like all of us, and start rerroling new chars when they hit lvl 80/90.
I will recommend you make yourself new Character(s) and start new plays when new Leagues coming up. Well, SOME anyway.
Wished it was also possible to continue with the Character you wanted in even new Leagues. But surely it would be somehow harder for you of course.
I mean your account is only 5 months old. give it a few years, will be you don't just have that one character. if youre still playing that is
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info