Vaal side area spawn restriction

Hi all,

Are there restrictions on whether or not an area can have a vaal side area?

I grinded Act 6 Tidal Island to get Mother of the Hive. Although "grinded" is a strong word because I had a vaal area in around every 1/4 instances and it didn't take me more than about 15 to get a Strange Sinkhole.

Now, a bit later, I've tried doing it again for someone else but, after maybe 50 instances of the Tidal Island, not a single Vaal area spawned. Zero.

Are there restrictions maybe on the difference between the character level and the map monster level? Or on the flashback event mods that currently affect an zone? If so, what are they? What are the conditions for an vaal area to spawn?

Same goes for Alva. She no longer spawns in that zone.
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2018, 3:49:04 PM
Just rng on vaal side areas. Alva is restricted to I think within 10 levels of your character.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Alva is restricted to I think within 10 levels of your character.

I've gotten her at +12 before. I've gotten +11 several times.
No idea about the answer, but I made a similar thread not long ago. Tried to get Curator Miem in the Foothills map. By now I have tried well over 50 times. No success. Even tried in the other maps, so ran the Crematorium some 20 times. Nothing.

But I did get a Vaal side area in Dried Lake after only a few attempts. Seen together, this had me quite confused. Either I've been extremely unlucky in Foothills, the chances differ greatly by areas, or there is something else at play that means it cannot spawn there now for some reason. Pretty frustrating. But now I've just given up on those darned challenges. Trying to hunt heavily RNG-gated "challenges" [sic] gets old real quick.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info