AH ! ! ! ! ! !

Grinding Gear Games what is the new excuse for not having a better trading system? Are you still selling the premium stash tabs that took out your ability to call the game having 'ethical' micro-transactions?

Point is: TRADING is so bad that I would PAY for an AH tab! I would pay $14.99 for the ability to list items to buy/sell.

Why is this not happening in Path Of Exile?

It just took myself 2 HOURS to buy a prophecy I needed! (hence this thread) I am sick and tired of this and it will lead myself, as it has lead others, to quit playing PoE.

I came from a game called Dungeons and Dragons Online - DDO - which has an AH that works perfect. This game came out before D3. D3 did not invent AH and the rmAH was dumb. DDO did it right! Guess what? No ONE complains about trading in that game! DDO is a free to play game just like PoE! They have had an AH for years and years...what are we doing?

C'MON MAN! I don't want to quit! Trading in this Game is driving me insane! An hour to buy something? Sending thousands of private messages?

AH = Democracy! Free trade! No more screwing over people and ripping people off! 1st GGG wants to rip off people by forcing them to buy premium stash tabs to be able to sell, THEN the community wants to CANNIBALIZE each other! It is becoming too much!
🐢
Last edited by Koheleth on Aug 16, 2018, 2:20:29 AM
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2018, 1:32:40 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
ddo's auction house has some nice features poe could use.

you need an personally registered account, preferably by cc
there is a fee on selling items
accounts that didn't support can only sell one item at a time
you have to find a npc in maps to be able to trade
if you item doesn't sell you don't get back any of the fees

if they bundle that with a 20h delay until you get a item out of the auction house, it gets into the territory one can talk about it.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Koheleth wrote:

AH = Democracy! Free trade! No more screwing over people and ripping people off!

.........what?
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
vio wrote:

if they bundle that with a 20h delay until you get a item out of the auction house, it gets into the territory one can talk about it.

And... The best items in that game were 'bound to character or bound to account' (and always behind difficult quests you need a team to complete) - it was also an openly PAY TO WIN MMO as well. yea...

When they do this 'bound to account/character' thing, they add whole tiers of items above what you are able to normally find - and these items are NOT TRADABLE AT ALL let alone sellable. So, really DDO is more restrictive then PoE where it actually counts.

add/edit: I DO agree entirely that it was a rather elegant trade system that worked well for buying/selling the smaller items.
Last edited by Zee on Aug 16, 2018, 1:49:27 PM
"
Zee wrote:
"
vio wrote:

And... The best items in that game were 'bound to character or bound to account' (and always behind difficult quests you need a team to complete) - it was also an openly PAY TO WIN MMO as well. yea...

When they do this 'bound to account/character' thing, they add whole tiers of items above what you are able to normally find - and these items are NOT TRADABLE AT ALL let alone sellable. So, really DDO is more restrictive then PoE where it actually counts.

add/edit: I DO agree entirely that it was a rather elegant trade system that worked well for buying/selling the smaller items.

This is a good point. Don't you feel that the bound to account stuff was tied into the packs that DDO was trying to sell? My point was that the trade (and even the mail system) worked pretty well in that game and it would be easy to have something much better in PoE. I fear that PoE and the selling of stash tabs is stopping the game from evolving a better trading system such as an auction house.
🐢
"
Koheleth wrote:
Grinding Gear Games what is the new excuse for not having a better trading system?

The same as before, that it would ruin the game...

Read the development manifesto for the (very good) reasons:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870
Read the trade thread:

"more fun to slowly and iteratively upgrade a character over time and to have a longer journey to gear a character up" - Yes, now i want to buy something, should not be as hard as it is!

Out of the players who do trade, most only complete a few trades in a league. (what!) This sounds stupid! People trade all the time and who is only doing "a couple of trades a league" WHAT?

"The significant differences in character power and player progression caused by trade has already created a situation where Path of Exile is very hard for some players and quite easy for others. Some people never stand a chance of seeing some of the Atlas of Worlds content, while others can rather quickly defeat it and are looking for new challenges. We're tentatively okay with the degree to which this occurs currently, but it would be much worse if trading were made substantially easier."

(This is crap - rich get richer shit) - The price fixers and elite players LOVE the current system! We need a system that works for EVERYONE!

Another topic is automation. While we work hard to stamp out bots and abusive behaviour, it would be hard to completely eliminate the damage caused by a few trade bots with access to a fast trade system. If they have the ability to search out and buy items without having to talk to another player, then there would be some very large-scale economic consequences that would not be good for regular players.

(this can be stopped by a variety of methods and should not be the cause of a terrible trade system) - Take some time to create a trade system that is indifferent to bots! You have bots on the trade chat all day long already!

So that's where we are today. It's easy to list items for trade, easy to search for items, and is often quite frustrating to complete a trade. This remaining frustration is the only thing standing in the way of trades being basically instant. While we understand that this sounds like a positive thing, we are very concerned regarding what will happen if that does eventuate. We have to prioritise the long-term health of Path of Exile.

(YES YES YES - been playing for years and FRUSTRATION at completing trades SUCKS!) - WHY does it have to be 'quite frustrating to complete a trade'!!!!!

What type of game makes it QUITE FRUSTRATING TO TRADE!
🐢
Last edited by Koheleth on Aug 17, 2018, 8:10:03 PM
ANOTHER THING! I play HC and SC. Hardcore I play solo. Softcore I like to play in groups. When I find a sweet party and we are burning through maps I very often get PMs for trades. I am not going to even respond while i race to stay with the group, let alone leave the party to go sell something unless it is for multiple EX.

The party system directly CLASHES with the trade system in this way!
🐢
"
Koheleth wrote:
ANOTHER THING! I play HC and SC. Hardcore I play solo. Softcore I like to play in groups. When I find a sweet party and we are burning through maps I very often get PMs for trades. I am not going to even respond while i race to stay with the group, let alone leave the party to go sell something unless it is for multiple EX.

That's exactly why it will stay like it is now. You are missing a chance to trade, and it is good for developers.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
Koheleth wrote:

'what is opportunity cost?'
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info