Trash Skill Gems???

Give me some "do not use" skill gems so I can avoid them. I believe those skills are on "do not use" state for so long(years) and still won't be receiving buff/revamp/rework next league, Delve League.
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2018, 12:56:55 PM
Sweep, I hope, will be removed from this list.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Cast on Death, if you're playing in a Hardcore league.
"
DoubleU wrote:
Sweep, I hope, will be removed from this list.

I really hope they redo it soon. I don't think it will be this league though.
I know, but one can hope.
When I started playing in 2012, all I wanted was a Sweep Templar with a big @ss staff.
Not only do Templars not start with a staff (which makes no sense based on the picture in the character selection screen) but Sweep sucks.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
We need to know your criteria for "trash". Some would play Sweep just because there's people who claim it's trash... just to see how bad "trash" can be. I wouldn't play it... doesn't make sense with the game. You're rarely surrounded by stuff from all directions. It's usually better to have a somewhat focused attack and Sunder does a better job of that. But there will be those that try Sweep.

I usually pick three characters and play each one up for a month of the league. Typically the first is a "starter" skill, the second is "meta" and the third is "trash". Keeps play interesting.
Pretty sure nobody ever did something remotely useful with conversion trap. The skill is so trash that players have totally forgotten about it. And so is GGG apparently, since they missed the opportunity of revamping it along with the other trap skills. But i'm not blaming them, i can't imagine how you can turn this skill into something interesting.
"
Skwy wrote:
Pretty sure nobody ever did something remotely useful with conversion trap.

I've heard it's handy for when two "Allies cannot die" auras spawn on immobile (i.e. the tentacle eye spawners) enemies right next to each other. Talk about a niche use.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Skwy wrote:
Pretty sure nobody ever did something remotely useful with conversion trap. The skill is so trash that players have totally forgotten about it. And so is GGG apparently, since they missed the opportunity of revamping it along with the other trap skills. But i'm not blaming them, i can't imagine how you can turn this skill into something interesting.

It will be interesting when you are fighting delv encounters where a rare mob has more health than a t16 guardian.

The skill is remarkbly overpowered if not for the fact poe is designed around players 1 shotting anything other than a red boss in .5 seconds.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 16, 2018, 12:33:26 PM
Conversion trap is one of those skills that's somewhat contradictory: You need to kill stuff in order to convert it. And if you can kill stuff you don't need to convert it.

So it's only good in a secondary role... in a game with no need for secondary roles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info