CAN A POE CHARACTER FREAKING CAST AN ATTACK?

CAN IT?

DIDN'T THINK SO.

THEN WHY THE FUCK?

Sorry, i had this in me for too long. #TRIGGERED
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Last edited by The_Risen on Aug 15, 2018, 10:16:05 PM
Last bumped on Aug 18, 2018, 7:12:18 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Spoiler

Edit : after asking on the Gameplay help-mechanical thread, the following part is actually incorrect ...
updated the wiki too.

You could summon a totem that attacks.
Which means that you would be using both mods by doing this.

Note that I'm not 100% sure because totems have a "placement speed" value that can be changed with couple of nodes, but the wiki says about it "grants increased cast speed for summoning totems."
It does not specify anything else regarding this and I have seen people saying that cast speed affects it ... and people saying that it does not, so it's kind of ... not super clear right now.
I hope that the wiki will be updated to specify whether or not it does apply.

You could have a character which primary skill is an attack, but uses blood rage or tempest shield or portal, and therefore also makes use of the cast speed.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 17, 2018, 12:50:19 AM
Lots of casters use shield charge. Just sayin.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Lots of casters use shield charge. Just sayin.

I doubt they care about shield charge's damage though :p
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
You do care about shield charge's damage if you're using it to proc EE. It's a pretty niche use case but there are also non-niche use cases for rings with both caster and attacker mods(e.g. attack speed and flat damage to spells would be viewed very differently from the OP's ring).
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Aug 16, 2018, 1:41:22 AM
"
You do care about shield charge's damage if you're using it to proc EE. It's a pretty niche use case but there are also non-niche use cases for rings with both caster and attacker mods(e.g. attack speed and flat damage to spells would be viewed very differently from the OP's ring).

If you really rely on shield charge to proc EE and have no other modifier anywhere including abyss jewel, then yeah.

Coverage won't be amazing at all, but if you only need it against beefy targets, I guess it can be a thing ( for some bosses, you might not want to get that close to some of them tho ).
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 16, 2018, 1:57:04 AM
"

STILL, if that's not really used, then it should be REALLY uncommon to happen, this league i've got like 5 or 6 almost-godly items but they were ruined by having either cast speed or attack speed or spell damage etc when it should be only attack or only spell focused, therefore useless for most population.

Last edited by The_Risen on Aug 16, 2018, 11:34:00 AM
Why do you think there are master mods to restrict what mods can roll on items? Just coincidence?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
The_Risen wrote:
"

STILL, if that's not really used, then it should be REALLY uncommon to happen

No, not necessarily.
This is a problem of your expectations, not "fitting" to PoE.

This is basically how RNG works, there are "bad" combinations and "good" combinations, and things that are not useful to you and usually not often to others are here to make the "good" combinations (=the ones that you are looking for) less likely to happen.
It's by design, and following this design, it's how it should actually be.

You might no agree with this, but that is the way RNG works in Wraeclast, it has been like this for a very long time and it not going to change tomorrow imho.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 16, 2018, 12:04:53 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
The_Risen wrote:
"

STILL, if that's not really used, then it should be REALLY uncommon to happen

No, not necessarily.
This is a problem of your expectations, not "fitting" to PoE.

This is basically how RNG works, there are "bad" combinations and "good" combinations, and things that are not useful to you and usually not often to others are here to make the "good" combinations (=the ones that you are looking for) less likely to happen.
It's by design, and following this design, it's how it should actually be.

You might no agree with this, but that is the way RNG works in Wraeclast, it has been like this for a very long time and it not going to change tomorrow imho.

i remember back in 2.0 when perandus arrived, or a few patches after, i've read a patch note which said "it's now less likely for items (i think daggers) to have both spell caster and attack mods", which is just common sense imo, ofc items need to have good and bad combinations, but this is just ridiculous.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info