Berserker Rage Mechanics

I think the rage mechanics for the berserker should be '' You cannot regenerate life.'' instead of the degeneration life we have right now...

The mechanics would be still punishing but not unplayable as it is right now... The degeneration is just too mutch!

Thought?
Embrace the vaal and the corruption! Only then, you will be bless by Atziri. That's how I got a Headhunter in the Atziri Apex of Sacrifice!
Last bumped on Aug 22, 2018, 2:26:24 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Asmodee007 wrote:
I think the rage mechanics for the berserker should be '' You cannot regenerate life.'' instead of the degeneration life we have right now...

The mechanics would be still punishing but not unplayable as it is right now... The degeneration is just too mutch!

Thought?

The question is if the 10% degen is worth it and well its probably not, better players than me, like Mathil, say its clearly not but I am not THAT SURE about it to be honest, the stun immunity is pretty good when going for a "in the middle of everything with stibnite" MoM Melee build (like cleave) that gets you always hit (and stunned due to lower life than normal builds), but its for sure not super OP, lets put it that way.

Cannot regenerate life would be even worse I think cause then blood rage would AIDS you to death even worse.

I think rage should be changed in a way that it is an actual game mechanic and not just some alien to theg ame mod. So it either should be damage so it can be mitigated or it should be negative life regeneration that gets reduced or nullified by life recovery or no regeneration map mods.

One way to make the current Berserker playable with 10% degen would be skill lots of the templar tree and using flat life regen uniques. To give some examples of useful life reg items for a berserker not only for life regen but are generally useful items:

-Voll's Vision
-Immortal Flesh
-Bloodgrip
-Kikazaru
-Meginord's Vyse
-Kaom's Way
-Grukthul's Pelt

Check my char "Funds_are_safu" that dude had a good time with 10% degen + bloodrage even on 40% reduced life recovery maps before he died to some dx11 mutlithreading crash in SSF HC Incursion Flashback league.

tl;dr: I think its playable and does not even need as much effort as you say thanks to all that regen/flat regen uniques but its still might be a not good enough trade for most buids. its 4 ascendancy points, completely impossible to play with energy shield and it is pidegon holed as hell towards either getting super OP gear like watchers eye with good vitality mods or put all of your skilltree into regen and defensive stuff. An Ascendancy should give, not take.

To be entirely honest they could remove the degen completely and it Berserker would still not be as good as other ascendancys like inquisitor, lol. The balancing PEOPLE were for sure super cautious here. But for some irrational reasons I still like Berserker more than gladiator and all the other shit it just feels good ...
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Aug 16, 2018, 8:24:09 PM
^ Or you just take Unwavering Stance. Or you maybe do that *and* take Unwavering Stance.

The only really big benefit of Rage is the attack speed. The damage is only really useful if you're running a non-physical attack build, otherwise the readily-accessible damage in the Marauder area of the tree and the naturally high Strength you accumulate from pathing through that part of the tree already provides all you need.

So now the challenge is to come up with a non-physical attack Marauder build that can regenerate 10% HP per second + whatever you have to deal with via Blood Rage.

...Yeah, that build is garbage.
"
XCodesLIVE wrote:
^ Or you just take Unwavering Stance.

Getting hit by everything all the time, what could go wrong.

"
XCodesLIVE wrote:

Wew mane you are hurting my feelings. There are some things wrong with it like not taking the 40% more damage but all this deadly flashback stuff made me go the pussy way. I for sure should have taken the 40% more damage.

Sure ele builds would be better than phys but if you dont get the damage flasks, enchants, uniques and all that shit dropped anytime soon or ever (SSF btw) then phys is a good alternative, even more with corpse explosions of haemo and when needing all the mana to boost ehp to 7500 with bad gear but no auras.

Also dont forget that MoM eats away 30% of the blood rage degen, the mana ehp chunk is not affected by reduced life recovery map mods which makes it even more attractive and on top of it all you need less life for good ehp, which makes the flat regen from items having a bigger effect.

MoM is a really really big help here and since you cant go hatred without essence worm while having MoM, cant use a shaper stats stick due to cleave (and dont get one anyway thanks to SSF), what is preventing me from just plugging in Brutality and playing pure phys? Nothing.

Another reason to go MoM is for having mana taking care of the leap slam cost, having blood magic linked to leap slam like most people are doing is like an additional 2-3% hp degen when moving. Needing neither blood magic nor fortify on leap slam means I can link curse on hit vulnerability and with that getting all the phys stuff a player can have without crit and that is good enough for clearing red maps safe and fast, what else is a SSF HC Hurrdurrker build supposed to archieve?
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Aug 17, 2018, 10:35:06 AM
"

Many, many in those forums have been underestimating evasion for quiiiiite a while, really lol.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"

Many, many in those forums have been underestimating evasion for quiiiiite a while, really lol.

Yea das rite and I would not know any better or cheaper defense than a stibnite when playing a build that jumps in the middle of every pack all the time and the anti blind map mod doesn't roll half as often as the anti armour/block or anti evasion/dodge mapmods.

Its also underrated that stibnite is a 30/10 flask, which makes it super attractive for stuff that a player needs all the time like anti curse.

With that "jump into pack, press stibnite, kill everything, cast enduring cry here and then, repeat" playstyle maps with curse mods become literally free item quantity.

With Vaal Grace, Lunaris, Blind and the little Evasion and 16% dual wield block the chance to be hit with attacks in that build is merely 20%. Without Vaal Grace its still just 35% chance to be hit by enemy attacks, without blind and vaal grace it would be 70% ...

And it takes literally no gear or passive investment. Sure I lose a lot of damage for not using damage flasks and shit but having Anti-curse/shock/freeze/poison/bleed permanently on is worth more for everyday mapping in HC. Doesn't matter which of those 5 a player is missing, it will kill him sooner or later. Not to mention that I didnt get a single fucking damage flask dropped anyway, lol.

I could have gone atziri's promise but forfeiting the bonus damage of Brutality for those 20% more damage and also losing granite with perma anti poison or another flask is not really worth it. Safe is cool.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Aug 17, 2018, 3:52:47 PM
"
"
XCodesLIVE wrote:

Wew mane you are hurting my feelings. There are some things wrong with it like not taking the 40% more damage but all this deadly flashback stuff made me go the pussy way. I for sure should have taken the 40% more damage.

He was talking about a theoretical non-physical attack build using rage stacks for the damage, not yours :)
"
biyte wrote:

He was talking about a theoretical non-physical attack build using rage stacks for the damage, not yours :)

OH :)

Yea such a build doesn't fit all too well together cause the 1.2% life leech from blood rage is phys only, thats a huge loss for an ele build. The best I could think of would be an Oros or Debeon's Dirge build. Like the Debeon's Dirge Cycloner of Mathil. Still even with those missmatches it easily outperforms a phys only build dps wise cause of all the dps options due to penetration from flasks, skilltree and enchants, flat added ele damage from abyss jewels and so on.

Debeon's Dirge is perfectly designed for Berserker, Ice Crash with it could work too if it wouldnt make the game stutter so much ...

I am looking forward to the poison changes in the next patches, maybe then it is worth to scale the flat chaos damage of wasp nest and added chaos gem with it.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Aug 18, 2018, 5:22:31 AM
"
To be entirely honest they could remove the degen completely

I would love that! But I feel like GGG have done the life degeneration just because they din't like the Righteous Fire Berserker build...
Embrace the vaal and the corruption! Only then, you will be bless by Atziri. That's how I got a Headhunter in the Atziri Apex of Sacrifice!
"
Asmodee007 wrote:
"
To be entirely honest they could remove the degen completely

I would love that! But I feel like GGG have done the life degeneration just because they din't like the Righteous Fire Berserker build...

Yea it was some halfbaked action by GGG. Like at the beginning they wanted to do 10/20% degen ... just wtf.

And its not just the fact that the rage bonus is numerically ... well mediocre at best, its also that you gonna lose all rage everytime doing a lab trial or haku mission and have to start from scratch when zone switching or porting out. So if you gonna build on just getting a decent attack speed with 50 rage stacks then you gonna have a slow start at the beginning of each map and that is really annoying.

I am playing an EQ Berserker now without skilling any degen and attack speed doesnt make a lot of sense there anyway and yea its just as good dps wise as with 10% degen most of the time. The MoM stun problem can be reduced by picking brine king as pantheon, not an optimal solution but gud enough for now.

Another thing about the rage cluster that makes me rather mad is the fact that its just attack damage, so yea either play hit or crit. It should give a bonus for attack ailments too. Half of the bottom of the Marauder skilltree is bleed related stuff, every weapon wheel has bleed nodes and then there is no support for it in the minor and major nodes of any Marauder class.

First they give 40% more damage so it works with everything and then they pidgeon hole this class towards either bloodseeker or builds with huge chaos/ele base damage. There are really not many ways to build around that.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Aug 22, 2018, 2:30:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info