PoE Side Project - To create real life flask contents

Hello all.

While POE has been a huge source of entertainment for me, I feel it's time to cross it into my other creative hobby: homebrewing mead.

For the uninitiated, mead is alcohol produced primarily from honey, and can be flavored with any number of things, such as fruit and spices. Typically it behaves like wine otherwise, with an alcohol % by volume around 10%.

I'm looking to create a batch of mead inspired by one of POE's unique flasks, and because i'd like a challenge, i'd like the community and/or GGG to help with ideas rather than stay in my comfort zone. Once one has been settled on, i'll post progress of the concoction as it brews (9-12 months in total, albeit most of the time is simple aging).

I have only 2 rules, must be edible and need to be able to source ingredients from eastern US.

So what say you POE fans, what flask and what flavor should I aim for?
Last edited by OmegaAxis on Aug 15, 2018, 8:25:58 PM
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2018, 6:57:33 PM
If aesthetics are any kind of concern, then Divination Distillate is the only real choice here.
Only choice? Huh, when I think of mead I'm imagining vikings drinking from horns. Zerphi's Last Breath comes to mind...

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Stay away from the Writhing Jar.

Maybe go with Dying Sun and see if you can get a pepper or cinnamon effect in with the honey. Not a big fan of meads. Have had some really really bad ones.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 15, 2018, 8:55:00 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Stay away from the Writhing Jar.

someone already made that irl. they call it 'tequila'

I do wonder what the taste of hate actually tastes like...
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
I do wonder what the taste of hate actually tastes like...

Probably licorice. :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Divination Distillate

Very yellow. Mead lemonade maybe.

Zerphi's Last Breath

Blue/purple. Screams blueberry to me.

Also:
Spoiler

Writhing Jar

Red, very red. Cherries!

Spoiler

Blueberry mead makes for a decent zerphi's.

With a bit of tricks you can even get a decent blue color going.
Taste of Hate

Very cold. Leads me to peppermint. The color would be exceedingly difficult. Mead wants to be a faint gold color by default, or trend to the fruit colors used, hard to make milky white.

Dying Sun

A spicy mead would be interesting. Color would be tricky as well given the reds would most easily come from red fruit, not so much peppers. Cherry may work.

For the record, i've made the following in the past:

Blackberry/raspberry/vanilla
pineapple/coconut
strawberry/mint
cherry/grape/vanilla
spiced apple cider
Orange/pineapple/mango

Each of these i produced as a sweet dessert mead, very smooth finishes. I'm not normally a fan of dry wines/meads, so i tend to make what i like.
Since we already had the viking theme here, let's continue with something norse mythology related (at least a bit, visually. I know, I's just a random snake and dragon on the flasks, but I wanted some sort of clever introduction):
Coruscating Elixir
Coralito's Signature

Also, just to fuck with you and because it'd be mentioned anyways sooner or later, wise oak. I you somehow manage to make that a thing then you deserve a lot of respect. And probably a job as a barkeeper.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info