STANDARD is the REAL DEAL!

as a std player, I feel ashamed because of this thread
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
brunowa wrote:
I always knew it... people always slag Standard players, but Standard is the purest form of POE there is and League players can get off their high horse.

As GGG put it, Standard is the "Core Game"...

"
Qarl wrote:
When is Incursion Being Added to the Core Game?

The sound of being owned

https://youtu.be/8vCkJsC_uXU
IGN: Steeldraconis
G3 Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/goodguygaming
Youtube: http://tinyurl.com/y5nvpcpo
Check out the CHAD Zerker build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2478633
S𓆣C𓆣A𓆣R𓆣A𓆣B𓆣G𓆣O𓆣D𓆣L𓆣I𓆣V𓆣E𓆣S𓆣
I enjoy standard more than league. Guilty pleasures.....
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Personally I've hated that ARPGs have to have a standard and a league format when I would much rather have a permanent league format. So what's that? It would simply be a format where your permanent characters get the new league and you don't lose your progress. After the league is over, they would still decide to add the mechanics or not.

I think standard is just too bland without the league. I also hate losing shit to standard.
When infinite dungeon arrives to standard, poe became complete game. We don't need anything more here. ;-)
"
Shabob wrote:
Personally I've hated that ARPGs have to have a standard and a league format when I would much rather have a permanent league format. So what's that? It would simply be a format where your permanent characters get the new league and you don't lose your progress. After the league is over, they would still decide to add the mechanics or not.

I think standard is just too bland without the league. I also hate losing shit to standard.

For casual players, hoarders or people that want "easy mode" standard is quite nice. But consider that people destroying all league content in 1h since new league mechanic launch followed by game quit is not what GGG aims for.

They wanna keep you playin and starting over as many times as they can which makes u more likely to buy stuff from them. I don't have any problem with temp leagues as long as there is some kind of loot incentive to speed up the progression from scratch a lil bit. Right now there is choice and u eventually get the league stuff in standard either by trading or because it goes core.

Something i would personally like in standard is to have ALL zana mods available i really see no point in having it change for the permanent league.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Standard is for players who do not wish to restart their progression every so often.
League is for players who want the latest content when it is released.

Not everyone wants to restart. Some want to do the new content when it comes out, especially if that new content (excluding items) does not migrate to Standard, and would miss out if they only played Standard.

Both ways of playing are totally fine. Sure, if you play Standard, you miss some content. But you have the advantage of jumping on a high level character all the time, and not being forced to grind out levels repeatedly (which again, some players enjoy levelling the most).

Much like builds and play styles, this is yet another choice left up to the player.

Enjoy the one you play. If you don't enjoy it, swap. Different people, different economy, different game.
Have fun running delve expansion in a few weeks... Oh wait. You can't.
"
IIPheXII wrote:
"
Shabob wrote:

For casual players, hoarders or people that want "easy mode" standard is quite nice. But consider that people destroying all league content in 1h since new league mechanic launch followed by game quit is not what GGG aims for.

They wanna keep you playin and starting over as many times as they can which makes u more likely to buy stuff from them. I don't have any problem with temp leagues as long as there is some kind of loot incentive to speed up the progression from scratch a lil bit. Right now there is choice and u eventually get the league stuff in standard either by trading or because it goes core.

Something i would personally like in standard is to have ALL zana mods available i really see no point in having it change for the permanent league.

For one thing you would still have to level up every single character you wanted to play. Not counting ascendant that is 18 play-throughs. I also don't buy the destroy content in 1 hour, then quit argument. The very existence of standard blows that up. The existence of successful MMO's prove I'm right. Millions of people are willing to play the same characters over and over for more than a decade. (yes they update the game and set new goals of powerlevel) They can easily do the same with this game btw.
"
JakeCourtney wrote:
Have fun running delve expansion in a few weeks... Oh wait. You can't.

Have fun playing Path of Exile... Oh wait, you're playing GGGs test.net.. that's a shame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info