Will we get greater rewards at deeper delve levels?

"
Currently the monster level in the game is 82 for tier 15 maps.

Assuming that as we delve deeper monster level continues to increase:

There is a penalty to the number of items dropping in areas more than two levels lower than your character level. See Drop Rate.

The player suffers a penalty to experience gained if the player is too far above or below the monster's level.

Both from the PoE Wiki

I would say yes it is safe to guess that we will get greater rewards as we delve deeper. Based on my earlier assumption.

To clarify though, for drop rate penalties, a player is never considered above lvl 68. A lvl 90 character in a lvl 66 zone would have 0 drop penalty.

Ziggy has also said that actual area/monster level caps out at 84 but difficulty will continue to rise infinitely

~Myth
Pretty sure the rewards will cap out as well. The monsters will stay at lv 84, so will the loot. Or close to it. They'll just get infinitely increasing life and damage the deeper you get.

For the purpose of farming it will make sense to get to the point where everything is lv 84 and start moving laterally.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Pretty sure the rewards will cap out as well. The monsters will stay at lv 84, so will the loot. Or close to it. They'll just get infinitely increasing life and damage the deeper you get.

For the purpose of farming it will make sense to get to the point where everything is lv 84 and start moving laterally.

Yeah probably unless there are some special treasure rooms deeper but who knows.
At a certain point they can't keep increasing IIQ and IIR. So the increased rewards will probably be increased chances of finding special rooms for boss fights or special biomes etc.
"
Rakiii wrote:
Yeah probably unless there are some special treasure rooms deeper but who knows.

Well, they hinted at special treasure rooms at specific delves. You should to check other people's progress because some people might find something 'interesting' at certain depths.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing if the increased rewards are linked to IIR or IIQ. They probably crunched the number to make sure it wasn't too rewarding, but hell it'd be interesting if loot just starts raining once you make it down there.

(⌐■_■)
Free level 84 content is nice for levelling but I don't see why I should farm level 84 content. Higher level maps get more and more valuable mainly because at the end you get shaper fragments. The loot remains the same and most people farm T3 burial chambers.

Delve seems like a worse version of Diablo 3 end game.
Last edited by AtecsIN on Aug 15, 2018, 2:39:07 PM
"
AtecsIN wrote:
Free level 84 content is nice for levelling but I don't see why I should farm level 84 content. Higher level maps get more and more valuable mainly because at the end you get shaper fragments. The loot remains the same and most people farm T3 burial chambers.

Delve seems like a worse version of Diablo 3 end game.

Well, here you have potential 'guaranteed' rewards at the end at checkpoints. Guaranteed breaches, guaranteed harbingers etc. There may also be specific biomes/cities that only spawn past lvl 84.

~Myth
It will be interesting fighting for rewards which were free in flashback. But at least the biomes/cities are new content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info