Delve Question: Will you be limited by portals? How will you come out to trade?

Some people just haven't learned how to be wrong.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Some people just haven't learned how to be wrong.

In America, we call that "the voting public"
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
Last edited by themousemaster on Aug 15, 2018, 1:53:04 PM
Does the crawler pick up everything? Just the things my filter shows? Or does it use some other criteria?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
It picks up everything in its light radius. Then spits it out like incursions when it reaches the checkpoint. Your filter will only show items at that point.

Whatever loot is in the side areas (which are more rewarding per GGG) will not be picked up by the crawler.
"
Mythkiller wrote:

Bex/Ziggy confirmed that the time taken from 1 checkpoint to the next is much, much smaller than an uber lab so trade will not suffer as much.

~Myth

The problem is that this comparsion doesnt help. We would need to compare one incursion time with one delve time. I lost allready alot trades just because of an incursion.

I suspect a delve will be longer(compared to an incursion), because:

a) You have the minimum length from checkpoint to checkpoint.
b) GGG has said alot is out the main way.
c) You can backtrack after reaching the waypoint to get stuff you missed.

So the answer time for trades will be worse than last league.
Last edited by Kharadas on Aug 15, 2018, 1:46:48 PM
"
Kharadas wrote:
"
Mythkiller wrote:

Bex/Ziggy confirmed that the time taken from 1 checkpoint to the next is much, much smaller than an uber lab so trade will not suffer as much.

~Myth

The problem is that this comparsion doesnt help. We would need to compare one incursion time with one delve time. I lost allready alot trades just because of an incursion.

One would hope that people would be understanding if everyone’s delving. But it’s the internet so probably not.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
Kharadas wrote:
"
Mythkiller wrote:

~Myth

True and I do think trade will be relatively annoying. Incursion didn't affect my trades as much though.

Here I think there will be more of a variance. Delves vary in length based on how far you're traveling in the delve map. Shorter delves are quite likely comparable to an incursion, longer ones are probably not a ton longer.

~Myth
"
Mythkiller wrote:
But your hyperbole of 'You lose nothing' is wrong.

[As it relates to DROPS]
Sounds more like a "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it..." or Schrodinger's Cat thing : you didn't lose something you never knew you had/knew existed. I understand the "You're losing rolls and potential" aspect...but in a literal aspect, you lose nothing because it didn't exist until the end checkpoint anyway.

[As it relates to MAGICAL GAS]
Fucking hell, what a waste of magical gas...may as well not have entered to begin with.
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
"
Mythkiller wrote:

[As it relates to DROPS]
Sounds more like a "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it..." or Schrodinger's Cat thing : you didn't lose something you never knew you had/knew existed. I understand the "You're losing rolls and potential" aspect...but in a literal aspect, you lose nothing because it didn't exist until the end checkpoint anyway.

Fucking hell, what a waste of magical gas...may as well not have entered to begin with.

I don't think you've seen the trailer closely or ziggy's follow up video.. or really any of the discussion around the crawler.

You see every item that drops. Your loot filter will make your exalted noise if an ex drops. THEN the crawler picks it up. It is NOT like incursions where you have no idea what is going to drop. You can clearly see in the trailer that items drop on the ground, then the crawler picks them up.

So no, if you leave, you will absolutely know if you left something expensive behind...

~Myth
"
Mythkiller wrote:
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
"
Mythkiller wrote:

[As it relates to DROPS]

I don't think you've seen the trailer closely or ziggy's follow up video.. or really any of the discussion around the crawler.

You see every item that drops. Your loot filter will make your exalted noise if an ex drops. THEN the crawler picks it up. It is NOT like incursions where you have no idea what is going to drop. You can clearly see in the trailer that items drop on the ground, then the crawler picks them up.

So no, if you leave, you will absolutely know if you left something expensive behind...

~Myth

Sound really cool when you see a exalted drop, but um loose connection before the end of the Delve... or the server just kick you out with no reason.

That a great idea to make people angry.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info