Getting one-hit (lightning suit & lava bomb)

It's rare, but it happens:

Type 1: I get clothed in a "suit of lightning", it pulses, and I'm dead. "Conservatory map", normal (not rare or magic); mobs are level 60 and I'm 86 (4400 life + es). WTF?

Type 2: A red blob (lava bomb?) chases me and explodes; if in contact with me I'm (sometimes) 1-hit. This resembles Volatile Dead except the bomb pulses/wobbles/bubbles instead of being a smooth sphere like VD. Again, WTF?

Searches here & on Wiki reveal nothing.
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2018, 9:46:35 AM
Both are nemesis mods. First one is new. Haven't paid it much attention. Gave me trouble while leveling, but not since so I can't tell you much about it.

But the second is volatile flame blood. It chases you and gets faster and faster, so it will catch you usually. When it touches you, it quits chasing and blows up after half a second or one second. So let it touch you, then run away
Last edited by burninbeard on Aug 14, 2018, 11:01:52 PM
I believe the 'lightning suit' is Lightning Mirage
"
Periodically creates a mirage on the spot which chase after the player. On contact, it detonates itself to deal lightning damage. Mirages move slowly and expire after a few seconds.
It's really nasty if you get hit by more than one at the same time and your lightning resists aren't maxed.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
Last edited by fazlez1 on Aug 14, 2018, 11:12:01 PM
Thanks Thundorb!

Your hint sent me to https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_nemesis_modifiers

The first one is possibly (as Fazlez1 says) Lightning Mirage.
Last edited by StumblingPenguin on Aug 14, 2018, 11:18:19 PM
Yes this is lightning mirage and volatile flameblood. Flameblood used to just be that the monster exploded when you killed it, often 1-shotting melee characters. They added the ball that chases you to be less of a "gotcha" mechanic and more of a skill to avoid. When encountering lightning mirage, just dont get near the mirages if you can avoid it. With the volatile flameblood, either run through it or use a movement skill through it. It stops and explodes after a very short delay when it comes in contact with you, so moving through it is the best way to get it to trigger without getting hit by it. Hope this helps!
Timmy's FREE Crafting/Carries [Standard]: 2123458
#1 ES Regalias Mirror Service [Standard]: 2489414
^^ New home of Sorrow Circle IIQ ring! ^^
Alt Art Fossil Service [Standard]: 2332551
IGN: Quant_Is_Still_Viable || Hotdogs_Are_Sandwiches

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info