PLEASE HELP ME!!! Spawning uber elder is killing me!

Hey guys,
please help me to understand what is going on before I go nuts. I'm completely unable to express how much I hate this shitty WFTA system but not having completed all the quests is something that I hate even more. Right now I try to spawn uber elder and my atlas looks like:
Spoiler

So far everything looked fine and I thought that all I had to do is run a chimera and a minotaur map and tadada uber elder I come to rape your ass BUT something is not working.
I killed Chimera:
Spoiler

and he even droped a shaped chainmail BUT this is how my atlas looks now:
Spoiler

Yeah, right nothing changed. Please tell me what am I doing wrong why did the elder influence not spread to the chimera map? Really I'm to stupid to figure it out myself and I'm getting mad about this shit. :(
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2018, 5:58:59 AM
You have to clear at least 50% of the mobs in the map in order for the influence to switch. Not sure what your completion looked like aside from the boss kill, but I suspect you didn't finish clearing the map?
Timmy's FREE Crafting/Carries [Standard]: 2123458
#1 ES Regalias Mirror Service [Standard]: 2489414
^^ New home of Sorrow Circle IIQ ring! ^^
Alt Art Fossil Service [Standard]: 2332551
IGN: Quant_Is_Still_Viable || Hotdogs_Are_Sandwiches
"
TimmyNBTrevor wrote:
You have to clear at least 50% of the mobs in the map in order for the influence to switch. Not sure what your completion looked like aside from the boss kill, but I suspect you didn't finish clearing the map?

Probably this, though i'm pretty sure i've done many straight-to-boss influence switches in the past, but that may definitely have been ninja-changed at some point.
The other possibility is that the shaper retook control from minotaur or realm on the same turn, but i doubt it, cause i think he needs 1 more turn before being able to do that (not counting influence cuts from somewhere else).
Also, watch out, cause you're getting really close to the 20 maps breakpoint, but in case elder pops somewhere else, you'll still be able to relocate him in the center automatically.

EDIT : Just saw the "0 mobs alive" on your screenshot, sorry. Judging from your atlas evolution before and after (both elder & shaper influences), it definitely looks like your atlas events didn't get processed at all. Such thing happens when you run a map from somebody else's device, and sometimes when you switch characters in the middle of a map.

EDIT 2 : Also noticed that your 2 screenshots are the very same image, so i guess it's hard to really tell if something changed at all...
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Aug 14, 2018, 10:28:11 PM
My bad, didn't see the /remaining count. No clue then 0_o
Timmy's FREE Crafting/Carries [Standard]: 2123458
#1 ES Regalias Mirror Service [Standard]: 2489414
^^ New home of Sorrow Circle IIQ ring! ^^
Alt Art Fossil Service [Standard]: 2332551
IGN: Quant_Is_Still_Viable || Hotdogs_Are_Sandwiches
It does look like you just got really unlucky and shaper took back chimera as soon as you got it.

If you rerun chimera/run minotaur it should progress. The odds of it happening twice in a row and pretty damn small so if it happens again, i would definitely raise a bug.

~Myth
"
Mythkiller wrote:
It does look like you just got really unlucky and shaper took back chimera as soon as you got it.

Ahhhh, I see! Thanks a lot for telling me that the shaper itself could take maps too. I thought chimera was save because the connected T15 map was without influence.
It would be but shaper has the connected 'Shaper's realm' and can theoretically take maps from there I believe.

In all my uber elder runs, this has never happened to me though, so yea you either got reeealllly unlucky or its a bug!

~Myth
"
Mythkiller wrote:
It would be but shaper has the connected 'Shaper's realm' and can theoretically take maps from there I believe.

In all my uber elder runs, this has never happened to me though, so yea you either got reeealllly unlucky or its a bug!

~Myth

Seems I was just REALLY unlucky and the shaper took the map himself. Next time I first did the minotaur:

After that chimera was my last one and tadada, everything worked fine this time:

I'm so happy that I never have to deal with those horrible wfta mechanics ever again now!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info