I'll never buy another apple product

Something we all agree on! Unprecedented!

This is our local Temple catering to people with more money than sense. The computers can be useful if you're a graphic designer of somesuch visual artiste. Otherwise, ridiculous for all the reasons you guys have mentioned.

I had the misfortune of going in there amongst the green-clad sanctum slaves, to pick something up for someone else. It was not my thing, at all.

Ugh.

more money than common sense can be applied to the vast majority of smartphone owners.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Hm, that's fair.

Im quite happy with my 150 euro phones specs. Got it few weeks ago. Now only waiting to root it.

"

LAUNCH Announced 2017, December
Status Available. Released 2017, December
BODY Dimensions 151.8 x 72.8 x 7.7 mm (5.98 x 2.87 x 0.30 in)
Weight 157 g (5.54 oz)
Build Front glass, plastic frame & ends, aluminum back
SIM Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
DISPLAY Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.7 inches, 83.8 cm2 (~75.9% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~282 ppi density)
Multitouch Yes
Protection Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version)
- MIUI 9.1
PLATFORM OS Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)
Chipset Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450
CPU Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU Adreno 506
MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 128 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
Internal 32 GB, 3/4 GB RAM
MAIN CAMERA Single 12 MP, f/2.2, 1.25 μm, PDAF
Features LED flash, HDR, panorama
Video 1080p@30fps
SELFIE CAMERA Single 5 MP
Video 1080p@30fps
BATTERY Non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Aug 18, 2018, 5:21:27 AM
I sort of understand that someone might prefer Apple ecosystem but I know more about hardware, and Apple hardware is appalling from an engineering standpoint. Sure, all those items look really pretty but the number of built in failures into their laptops and sometimes phones are mind boggling. Especially since Jony Ive became emperor - function is nothing, form is everything, sacrifice all semblance of durability or usability for the sake of making a physical artwork.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
I sort of understand that someone might prefer Apple ecosystem but I know more about hardware, and Apple hardware is appalling from an engineering standpoint. Sure, all those items look really pretty but the number of built in failures into their laptops and sometimes phones are mind boggling. Especially since Jony Ive became emperor - function is nothing, form is everything, sacrifice all semblance of durability or usability for the sake of making a physical artwork.

They aren't sacrificing anything. It's called programmed obsolescence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdh7_PA8GZU just nice external info, be mindful ofc about the sensationalism that any documenteray includes these days but most of the facts described there are exactly that, facts.

After the external info i can confirm you that "product life" is a topic you study on university, not a paranoid conspiracy theory.

Basically stop consuming low durability products and they'll eventually have to make something better. In some things i'm aware that there is not much choice since all brands use this system.

Some examples of this faulty products was my PS3 that fried outta nowhere with a yellow light due to poor heat extraction system a few years ago. The door of my previous microwave which had a fragile plastic piece tied to a metal piece which eventually won the battle. Printers that stop functioning correctly. Water pulverizers which triggers don't last long. Anything that has a battery, headphone cables, sink pipes that corrode, trainers that burn the sole in no time...
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Aug 20, 2018, 9:16:46 PM
I am very well aware of the planned obsolescence phenomenon but currently over half of Apple hardware failures have much stronger indications of form over function engineering. Think of them exploding Samsung Notes 7, same scenario - pushing so hard toward slimming down the device that they made the stupidest engineering possible. Apple does similar stuff, not as drastic but by same logic and much more often, this sometimes applies to PCB construction, sometimes to the chassis itself, even going as far as thinning down the hinges of the screen border to the slimmest possible form a few generations back which eventually broke en masse, same as current keyboards. But obviously they are no strangers to garbage quality for the sake of short longevity, their entire dongle / lightning cable lifestyle is such a massive cash cow that they do not need to bother implementing this logic into their hardware. The hardware is supposed to be a beautiful premium object someone might use for something, the dongle life and their super expensive cables have a lifespan of a fly.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

Apple is so late 1980s.

When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 21, 2018, 2:00:19 PM
I will never forget the first time I saw an iphone, this thing could do 30% of things my Fujitsu Siemens Loox 720 PDA could do but cost about 3x more, amazing stuff. That first gen was so mindblowingly primitive that I could not understand how can anyone pay for this when there were so many powerful Windows Mobile 5 phones on the market at a fraction of the price. But then again - I couldn't understand the first ipod either considering what iRiver or even Creative offered at half the price as well.

Not sure about all this Apple thingy´s, but never ever bothered with any. Still having this Mobile Nokia Phone, which I always wants to replace with a new Phone but never ever do so, since that Nokia have dropped so many times on the floor, dropped out of my pocket (from both car and bicycle) during speedy travelling, dropped down on hard concrete from 10 feet height, and even more... and it still works brilliantly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info