Evasion vs Kitava Question

Thanks, everyone.

I've brought my health up a bit more, around 3200. I'm also working towards an improved Queen of the Forest (its still 4-linked) so that I can up my damage, which is still much lower than I'd like it to be (after I finish the Scion Health Cluster, most everything else is damage nodes). I was getting Fortify from the Cleave Jewel, and then using Double Strike for single target; I'm using dual Dreamfeather swords.

I've also recently completed the 3rd Lab run, so I'm getting Frenzy Charges much more often now. 7 Charges, coupled with double Onslaught, gets my attack speed up much higher than it was, so I should be able to defeat Kitava a bit faster (as well as the adds during the Heart phase). This is something I try to do before confronting Kitava, but I apparently forgot about it on this character for some reason.

I'm still looking for some ring upgrades, so that should help out a bit as well (I typically run with a Ming's Heart, but I swapped it out for Kitava since there is no Chaos damage there). I did upgrade my Gloves, which have some better resistances and health, so it should be a bit easier to find ring upgrades now.

It seems that, overall, I just needed more health, some better gear, and better movement/positioning. I'll probably re-try this build in a league or two and see how I fare with better preparation.
"
CycloneJack wrote:
Thanks, everyone.

I've brought my health up a bit more, around 3200. I'm also working towards an improved Queen of the Forest (its still 4-linked) so that I can up my damage, which is still much lower than I'd like it to be (after I finish the Scion Health Cluster, most everything else is damage nodes). I was getting Fortify from the Cleave Jewel, and then using Double Strike for single target; I'm using dual Dreamfeather swords.

I've also recently completed the 3rd Lab run, so I'm getting Frenzy Charges much more often now. 7 Charges, coupled with double Onslaught, gets my attack speed up much higher than it was, so I should be able to defeat Kitava a bit faster (as well as the adds during the Heart phase). This is something I try to do before confronting Kitava, but I apparently forgot about it on this character for some reason.

I'm still looking for some ring upgrades, so that should help out a bit as well (I typically run with a Ming's Heart, but I swapped it out for Kitava since there is no Chaos damage there). I did upgrade my Gloves, which have some better resistances and health, so it should be a bit easier to find ring upgrades now.

It seems that, overall, I just needed more health, some better gear, and better movement/positioning. I'll probably re-try this build in a league or two and see how I fare with better preparation.

Thanks for the update! It's always great to hear how people are doing after they get some feedback :)
Timmy's FREE Crafting/Carries [Standard]: 2123458
#1 ES Regalias Mirror Service [Standard]: 2489414
^^ New home of Sorrow Circle IIQ ring! ^^
Alt Art Fossil Service [Standard]: 2332551
IGN: Quant_Is_Still_Viable || Hotdogs_Are_Sandwiches

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info