Ailment adding - what order? Does the delivering hit profit right away?

Hi,

i was googl'ing up and down the net, but nothing found (mb wrong keywords, dunno). Anyways, my char attacks too fast to clarify my problem by just by "watching":

I am playing an oros flicker strike occultist. 100% ignite. I need to know, if the enemy is ignited before or after the hit or frenzy charge calc is proceeded?

Shortend: do i get a frenzy charge right in the first hit?

Best regards and ty
Last edited by Moorleiche2k on Aug 13, 2018, 10:04:43 AM
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2018, 10:07:37 AM
The hit always happens first, all on-hit effects (including ailments) can only be applied after the hit is done.

Frenzy charge generation with Oro's Sacrifice does not depend on the order though. Any time you ignite an enemy with an attack, you get a charge. It does not matter when the ignite happens in the damage application sequence.

It does matter for the culling strike though: if you hit a non-burning enemy for the first time, this hit will not have culling strike as the enemy is not burning yet. Subsequent hits against the same enemy (assuming the first hit ignited it of course) will have culling strike, as they are striking an enemy that is now burning.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Frenzy charge generation with Oro's Sacrifice does not depend on the order though. Any time you ignite an enemy with an attack, you get a charge. It does not matter when the ignite happens in the damage application sequence.

I may be misreading what you mean by "depend," but since Frenzy Charges grant a generic 4% more damage multiplier per charge, it really should make a (4%) difference if the Ignite occurs before or after the Hit. If the Ignite (and Frenzy charge generation) were to occur first, the Hit gains 4% more damage. But as you said, hit must occur before Ignite can be applied, so the hit does not gain 4% more damage. Assuming of course that OP is not at maximum Frenzy Charges before attempting the hit.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
I may be misreading what you mean by "depend," but since Frenzy Charges grant a generic 4% more damage multiplier per charge, it really should make a (4%) difference if the Ignite occurs before or after the Hit. If the Ignite (and Frenzy charge generation) were to occur first, the Hit gains 4% more damage. But as you said, hit must occur before Ignite can be applied, so the hit does not gain 4% more damage. Assuming of course that OP is not at maximum Frenzy Charges before attempting the hit.

Ah, I see what you mean.

The first hit against an enemy, igniting the enemy, will grant a frenzy charge; but neither the hit nor the ignite will yet benefit from the charge itself.

The order of operations is: Enemy is Hit -> Enemy is Ignited -> Frenzy charge is generated.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 16, 2018, 4:20:24 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the replies.

So, what about "Immolate"? Is it considered for the damage calculation on the first hit, or is its damage added on the second hit?
Last edited by Moorleiche2k on Aug 26, 2018, 10:14:28 AM
"
Moorleiche2k wrote:
Interesting. Thanks for the replies.

So, what about "Immolate"? Is it considered by the damage calculation in the first hit, or is its damage added on the second hit?

If you hit an enemy that is not yet Burning, you do not get bonus damage against Burning enemies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info