Community Q&A with Chris

Oh! Oh! Chris! Pick me! Pick me!
WHERE IS MY WHIRLWIND SKILL
I WANT TO SPIN TO WIN
But seriously, I've already given money that I really shouldn't to begin with, and I fear that if you implement WW as a skill in this game, I might donate my life savings to you. So when will it be here? :)
Have you decided for or against FFA loot staying? A lot of us are against it and would much prefer instanced loot, or at least an option to switch between the two loot options.
1) Have you guys ever thought about crowd-sourcing art assets? You could easily crowd-source models for unique, unique models, for example. You would be adding those in to the game fairly easily with almost no work done and no cost. And I'm sure there would be people willing to create models for the game like that, including me.

2) Do you have any plans at all to allow us to edit the UI? I would like to be able to change things like change the colour of HP/Mana orbs, flasks and skill art, buffs, etc etc. The map tiles are .dds too, so somebody could make the map a lot better, while you're working on more important things. I would probably do that before anything else, take the wire frame and turn it into a solid and better colour, with a more defined edge.

3) Is there any plans to allow people to edit other textures? I understand that your entire business model is based around cosmetic items (The pets are unsecured btw, the .sm and .mat files could easily be changed by somebody to swap the models, texutres and effects of a pet, like an acid scoprtion to a lightning scoprion, for example). But, you could easily protect those while allowing for other things such as terrain and items in the environment to be changed, so people could create high res textures for things or just to change something to how they like it.

I don't really see any down-sides to these things either, you would be spending a few hours making changes so that those files would be kept outside of the content file in a sub-folder (preferably still organized) and you would be essentially creating mass amounts of content, for free.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Mar 3, 2013, 11:48:11 PM
Do you have any planned aoe skills that would work unarmed? Infernal blow kinda sorta works, the same way a spork works when you really just want a fork.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Will this game ever be on Steam?
Extra gore on cash shop. when will it be available? :)
Hi Chris

Do you think it would be feasible to have an AU/NZ server that is at least partially funded by the players? I've seen the idea mentioned a few times on the forums.
What are your plans regarding Open world pvp/pk in default league?

There is a missing element of pvp in this game. It's basically non-existent in default with the 1v1 3v3 duels...

Having a map in merciless be open world pvp would make things interesting (with increased chance to drop maps of course)

I've posted ideas about open world pvp.. seems to have gone unnoticed.
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
Last edited by tobes111 on Mar 4, 2013, 12:24:41 AM
What are your thoughts on making the map drop system a little bit more exciting and creative instead of just "farm this zone till you get maps and try to not run out". I made post with an idea of mine that serves as an example of this if you want to take a look: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/19d0ei/an_idea_regarding_maps/
What are your plans to circumvent how most end game builds have to stack nothing but hp and defensive passives for 50+ levels

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info