Delve - % res helmets are the new Elemental Hit but probably even more broken

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
It's not broken, just strong. I don't see why all the fuss.

Good example of broken are tombfist and bubonic trail which are bis for a shitload of builds.

Tombfists are less damage for an average build than this mod alone. Not to mention with Tombfists / Bubonics you have the drawback of losing sockets / have to buy expensive jewels / expensive price etc. This is a rare helmet.

It's not like there are a lot of unique helmets that are important for builds, mostly it's just Starkonjas because it gives SOME damage and has T1 life or Lightpoacher. This is a lot better with only 2 mods for both of these helmets users. A completely maxxed out Lightpoacher with mirror tier abyss jewels competes in damage.

It is not less dmg even with mediocre jewels. You don't know the rarity for the mods shown. Idk why people cry so much about stuff not even released.

You saying tombfist is less dmg tells why GGG doesn't take those forums seriously. You just show what you wanna see.

Also there is no patch notes, who said elemental hit will keep as it is? You should expect nerfs.

And also again the point wasn't to compare the dmg tombfist can give with the new mod on helms, but to say it is BIS for many attack builds which cuts out your choice. The mod on the helm is only good for ONE *element dmg builds and you will also have to craft it. You're talking as if it is gonna be free 6x t1 helm with penetration lmfao.
Sometimes...
Last edited by Crusader_of_Sorrow on Aug 10, 2018, 1:26:29 PM
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Tombfist tend to be more damage than what this helm would provide. The intimidate alone is 10% more attack damage and the dual jewels on top of up to 6 ias will absolutely sweep anything else for the slot.

It's also not limited to just the single element.

They changed intimidate to increased and it's limited to attacks only tho. Also you lose sockets and possible resistances and whatever else you'd want + hefty price tag. -15 resistances is for everything everywhere and you're on 4 sockets with most likely 0 cost.

I don't know the specifics behind intimidate but even though it says 10 percent increased it actually acts as a more multiplier for some reason.

Intimidate pushes my Reave from 777K to 848K, -40 res pushes it to 967K.

"

Also there is no patch notes, who said elemental hit will keep as it is? You should expect nerfs.

I wrote this on the 1st moment I saw Elemental Hit.

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

It'll be legit the most broken skill in the game by far ever in the game. I mean literally 5 mil Shaper DPS from 10C gear + skill tree at level 80.

Wasn't worth bitching about? Didn't eventually become the most broken skill in game? Weren't the jewels common? Of course it will get nerfed most likely next patch but it still went live.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
^ if your doing which is more OP, tombfist or new helm you need to compare intimidate and 2 abyss jewels to -15% res because thats what the helm gives, you can frostbomb shaper whatever your using lol the helm doesn't do -40

Ele hit is an abomination I do wonder what they are gonna do with it
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Aug 10, 2018, 1:41:55 PM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
^ if your doing which is more OP, tombfist or new helm you need to compare intimidate and 2 abyss jewels to -15% res because thats what the helm gives, you can frostbomb shaper whatever your using lol the helm doesn't do -40

Ele hit is an abomination I do wonder what they are gonna do with it

Yeah, was too lazy to do maths for it. Anyways it's 839K with -15% res which is pretty much the same as Tombfist.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Not sure what that 16% increased damage has anything to do here. Yeah, pretty cool node!

Increased damage and increased damage taken are two very, very different modifiers.

Same goes for Intimidate.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
Not sure what that 16% increased damage has anything to do here. Yeah, pretty cool node!

Increased damage and increased damage taken are two very, very different modifiers.

Same goes for Intimidate.

I haven't mentioned a single thing about increased damage taken in this thread before you replied. I asked you, what's the point of mentioning that node?
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Aug 10, 2018, 1:52:14 PM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
I haven't mentioned a single thing about increased damage taken in this thread before you replied. I asked you, what's the point of mentioning that node?

Because it has precisely that modifier on it.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Because it has precisely that modifier on it.

And how was that relevant to the discussion in any way?
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

I was comparing this modifier - which is a lot more powerful than just reducing resistances - and available for free to anybody; with the modifier you are talking about, which requires a specific roll on a rare item which can be obtained only in a very restricted way. The likelihood of also getting decent defensive modifiers on the item is minuscule. Also keep in mind that this is not a Shaper/Elder item that you can just keep rolling over and over, this is one modifier that you gain using specific currency that we don't know yet how rare it will be.

Is -15% to enemy resistances a good mod? Yes.
Is it more powerful than anything of comparable rarity already available? Not by a long shot.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 10, 2018, 2:17:56 PM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

I was comparing this modifier - which is a lot more powerful than just reducing resistances - and available for free to anybody; with the modifier you are talking about, which requires a specific roll on a rare item which can be obtained only in a very restricted way. The likelihood of also getting decent defensive modifiers on the item is minuscule. Also keep in mind that this is not a Shaper/Elder item that you can just keep rolling over and over, this is one modifier that you gain using specific currency that we don't know yet how rare it will be.

Is -15% to enemy resistances a good mod? Yes.
Is it more powerful than anything of comparable rarity already available? Not by a long shot.

You're comparing TWO Ascendancy points from ONE class that specializes in it with 1 suffix mod on a helmet where nobody cares about mods and just slaps as much life on as possible and that's it.

Here's Frost Bomb which is -25% resistances. 15% resistances would be 13.5%

Here's Inquisitor with 2 Ascendancy points.

Are you really trying to claim now that because INQUISITOR gets more damage from his 2 best Ascendancy nodes, this helmet mod is not broken. Please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info