Delve - % res helmets are the new Elemental Hit but probably even more broken

Since 90% of the game runs on elemental damage currently, the Delve helmets will be BiS for most of the builds. This also applies for melee builds because melee builds also mostly use gained as elemental damage mods everywhere.

I think GGG doesn't understand the power of this mod

If a monster has -20% (negative 20%) elemental resistances. Consequently, the monster thus receives 20% MORE elemental damage than the spell or attack would normally cause.

Res + Life socket = GG helmet for almost every build.
Since it comes from a res socket, I doubt they will be rare and if they are not limited to helmets only, it will be 10x worse than Elemental Hit.

Now Shaper has the highest resistances in the game - 40% resistances.

Frost bomb = -25%
Helmet = -15%

You now deal true damage to Shaper with Cold damage from 1 unlinked socket and 1 suffix.

Damage comparison with my standard Reave build that has Hatred + ToH + 39% Cold stat stick as gained as.

Without - res

With - res

Lets try again! Lets now take 100% Cold damage ST, no extra curses.

Without - res

With - res

1/4 of your damage comes from 1 socket and 1 suffix that both together cost 1C.

You can add then Elemental Weakness / other -res stuff if possible and each % of -resistance will be % MORE damage to Shaper.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Aug 10, 2018, 10:10:33 AM
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2018, 8:48:56 AM
This has nothing on the Stygian Vise issue, and those made it into the core game.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This has nothing on the Stygian Vise issue, and those made it into the core game.

Not even close. Elder belts have some broken mods such as %increased life recovery which is mad good for almost every build because Vaal Pact + life pots is very popular or RF or whatever. Stygians can't have it. Feel free to check life recovery abuse in my Scion BV build.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Aug 10, 2018, 10:21:35 AM
You know... shaper does NOT have the highest resistances in the game. Yes, he has the highest base res, but a rare monster (especially on something that already resists one or more elements) with elemental res mod and elemental res aura mod can reach a lot higher values. Especially if it's in a map with additional res.
Heck, even guardians with a res map mod have higher res than shaper.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

37% more shaper dps WITH JUST ONE LINK (20/20 gem, don't have one).

Oh wait.

It's just another "more" multiplier. "Nearby" so it's for melee range. With a downside of crafting of said helmet and unability to use rare one like Lightpoacher.
"
Towlg wrote:

37% more shaper dps WITH JUST ONE LINK (20/20 gem, don't have one).

Oh wait.

It's just another "more" multiplier. "Nearby" so it's for melee range. With a downside of crafting of said helmet and unability to use rare one like Lightpoacher.

Oh wait, you just proved my point that you're basically running a 7 link with that helmet. Also penetration is way worse than -res since penetration has a cap and has no effect on normal monsters but - res has effect on normal monsters + doesn't have a cap.

Fire Penetration with no other penetration nodes would do 30% more damage against any other boss. Having at least 7% wasted penetration. 40% -res would do 10% more damage than penetration in this scenario.

Most of the ranged builds use Point blank, I used it even on Wanders. What has lightpoacher have anything to do with this? You have a 1C helmet vs 30C + expensive jewels + lose a 4 link + won't have enchants available for it often + do physical damage and can't do phys reflect maps cause of it etc.

The only downside of this helmet is that you have to pick up a white helmet from ground and use( what will most likely be available everywhere) currency.
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Aug 10, 2018, 11:42:01 AM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
penetration has a cap

No it hasn't.

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
penetration [...] has no effect on normal monsters

It has effect on normal monsters as on any others.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

That mod is very powerful indeed. Another wave of power creep is coming. Damage for each aura mod also bothers me. You can dual wield these weapons and it probably scales with aura effect, so even stronger aurabots.

I just wonder if that power creep will be more insane than Abyssal Jewels and Shaper / Elder items.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 10, 2018, 12:16:04 PM
It will likely be nerfed pre launch.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
penetration has a cap

No it hasn't.

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
penetration [...] has no effect on normal monsters

It has effect on normal monsters as on any others.

Oh my bad! My PoB was giving me weird numbers on pen but it seems like they even work together quite well which makes it even more OP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info