Blight and Death Aura (other items that give skill gems)

Hello.

I am not sure if this is the correct place, but i hope so.

I'd like to ask, if it's possible to perhaps make it so items that grant a skill gem, which equally has a vaal version of that skill gem, could the item perhaps grant both?

Forexample Allelopathy:
Grants Level 22 Blight Skill

Would it be possible to make it so this would also have the Vaal version of the skill?

And for Death Aura (Death's Oath Armour), while i do know this is probably the "chaos" version of Righteous Fire, i'm curious to know if it is possible to make it also scale with Spell damage, as both Blight, Contagion and Essence Drain does?
I know this will make it a lot more powerful, probably? but i feel like the opportunities with this skill/item would be a lot higher, if it also scaled with spell damage.

I hope to hear suggestions to these ideas.

Regards.
LoA.
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2018, 6:43:52 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
That would be neat, perhaps after the item itself is vaaled. But it's also a choice you have to make: use a level 22 blight vs a level 20 + vaal blight. It seems reasonable the way it is currently.
I think that to have a vaal version of the skill, it should be mentioned on the item tooltip.
Something i want to add here is to add a gem icon of the skill the item provides into the cosmetic window, to allow them to have mxt attached to them.
giving the vaal vertion to items that grant a skill may be a bit to much.

Death oath could use a buff or a rework, a damaging aura is a good concept but building around a high lv str armor that requires one to travel all over the int side for those chaos / aura nodes feels weird, furthermore there is so much one can boost Death oath damage when it has a flat base.

i think it would be better if the base chaos damage was based on life or mana reserved
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

nothing wrong with the current death aura tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfJ2jK3N22M
duplicate
Last edited by cyclon2 on Aug 19, 2018, 2:10:43 PM
"
jack_aubrey wrote:
That would be neat, perhaps after the item itself is vaaled. But it's also a choice you have to make: use a level 22 blight vs a level 20 + vaal blight. It seems reasonable the way it is currently.

I honestly don't mind the level of the gem to go to lvl 20 instead, if that is the case.
The whole point of using the gloves is for an easy 5l for the skill (imo) and the stats of the item itself is really good, for the skill.

"
cyclon2 wrote:

There might not be in your eyes, but the fact you're "Forced" to use a specific weapon for the build is kinda shitty. There's not a whole lot of diversity in that slot, because spell damage doesn't work, imo.
"
LoA89 wrote:
"
jack_aubrey wrote:

I honestly don't mind the level of the gem to go to lvl 20 instead, if that is the case.
The whole point of using the gloves is for an easy 5l for the skill (imo) and the stats of the item itself is really good, for the skill.

"
cyclon2 wrote:

There might not be in your eyes, but the fact you're "Forced" to use a specific weapon for the build is kinda shitty. There's not a whole lot of diversity in that slot, because spell damage doesn't work, imo.

You're not "forced." It's the best item for the build, sure, but my first DO character used Edge of Madness with Cyclone, the global increased chaos damage applies just the same. It's just the BotC isn't tied to your level, and it has increased AoE. Besides, a decent BotC isn't that expensive, I got mine for like 20c this league with a good enough roll.
This is a buff™
"
"
LoA89 wrote:
"
jack_aubrey wrote:

"
cyclon2 wrote:

You're not "forced." It's the best item for the build, sure, but my first DO character used Edge of Madness with Cyclone, the global increased chaos damage applies just the same. It's just the BotC isn't tied to your level, and it has increased AoE. Besides, a decent BotC isn't that expensive, I got mine for like 20c this league with a good enough roll.

It's not that it's a cheap weapon my friend.
It's that it would be fun to be able to experiment with different weapons, without losing a lot of damage.
Forexample, i'd LOVE to use that new sceptre that's released with 3.5, but i'd plain up lose 90-100 inc damage because of it.
"
LoA89 wrote:
"

It's not that it's a cheap weapon my friend.
It's that it would be fun to be able to experiment with different weapons, without losing a lot of damage.
Forexample, i'd LOVE to use that new sceptre that's released with 3.5, but i'd plain up lose 90-100 inc damage because of it.

So then use the new staff that will give you, if I'm speculating correctly, up to 300% increased global damage.

Not every item is going to work in every build, everything should have pros and cons. And, shockingly, an extremely niche build is going to have limited choices. But you do have options, three of them as I've pointed out, but you're refusing to consider them. That's not the game's fault, that's yours.
This is a buff™
Last edited by AkuTenshiiZero on Aug 20, 2018, 12:55:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info