Season One, Race Event 30: Two Hour Solo

Died with about 30 seconds left. I was only level 18 but it still would have been 3 points. I thought time would save me so I went all out and ran into a group trying to get as much last minute xp as possible. It was not the smartest thing I have ever done since there was no way I was getting to the next point bracket.
"
gonzo30 wrote:
What are you top duelists using? Still doing PA?

Never did, never gonna do. :)
Trying out new spec, had a pretty bad start with a random disconnect before I even reached Hillock on my mule.

Trying to think what really held me back, and it was probably in part the fact that it was hard to gather big enough packs in Western as a melee (goddamn archers running away and spreading out). Not entirely sure how to fix that problem. I got very few blue and yellow mobs too, and too many archers.

At least got these for my trouble:

Seems like Poison Arrow/Fire Trap is still popular, despite sizeable nerfs (I tried it myself some time ago, it definitely feels weaker early on), though maybe the scaling on it is good enough it'll get good enough damage by the time one reaches Western.

GG
some sick gear:

Spoiler

IGN: Rollface
Died twice as a Marauder, got mad and started a Fire trap / Poison Arrow shadow. I didn't really notice that it was nerfed because it is still extremely strong just because of how the mechanics of those two skills work.

Ended up as rank 67 with 16 minutes wasted to the two deaths. Think I could have been very close to the top otherwise.
"
mesatrin wrote:
Died with about 30 seconds left. I was only level 18 but it still would have been 3 points. I thought time would save me so I went all out and ran into a group trying to get as much last minute xp as possible. It was not the smartest thing I have ever done since there was no way I was getting to the next point bracket.

Similar thing happened to me last race. This time I settled for lvl 16!
Well my previous best 2 hour race was 23.5 with Shadow.

This time I got level 23 barely with using the nerfed Poison Arrow and Fire Trap. Not sure what that would translate to pre nerf?

Really bad gear I ended up with only 42.5 DPS and less than 450 health :(

I also had to manually log out 3 times due to apparent huge desyncs. Only this time my characters feet weren't even moving during it, I was completely frozen but still moving around. Not sure if this is a new bug?

On the plus side I almost made top 20 shadow as it appears many of them are playing different classes now.
got my weapons to late, secound race #193 gg
Is the guy that won Alkaizer from D3?
Average race, move boots from hillock and solid weapons should have translated to a demi but a terminal desync in upper submerged and a disconnect right at merveils zone entrance forced a good 5 extra minutes of relogging and zero xp running which put an end to that. I hit act 2 at 45 mins, had my build explode in western as expected, but i was 3 levels behind 1st in class by this point and even mad dps and efficiency couldnt quite close such a huge gap. Finished a couple bars from 27 and around 2/3 level behind the lead shadow.

- Redesign poison arrow as a level 19+ skill. It enables a build that requires no gear, no nodes and no interaction with monsters, and its hard to see why such a build should be allowed to exist in a competitive event thats essentially meant to test all the things a poison arrow build avoids.

- Add a ui toggle for passive confirm. For that matter, add ui toggles for all the handholding features that exist- passive confirm, loot timer, reposition feature, the works.

Level 26, 5th place shadow and 21st overall in the end.

GG all, see you next race!
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info