Season One, Race Event 28: One Hour Solo

"
FILM wrote:
I'm level 15 in western. I enter a town portal, hear enemies hitting me ON THE LOAD SCREEN, cannot alt-f4 out of the game, log back in, get stuck with a 82 person cue, and I'm dead.

So it goes.
I typically open up my task manager and force close the application when I get issues with games; alt-f4 is not reliable.
Only one portal scroll dropped for me ever, couldn't do Merveil. Barely made it to level 15. Meh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Is there any good guide on doing Act 1 in races? The shorter the race is the worse I seem to do every time as I just can't finish Act 1 in less than an hour (in longer races I usually kill Mervail in about 70-75 minutes which is way more than double comparing to top players).

I think I'm killing a bit too many mobs while progressing as I was almost 13 when I reached Mervail's door (ideally, I think, I'd hit 12 just before her to get cold resist from Frost Walker while having 2 life nodes) but decided to turn away to get my level as there was just over a minute left.

Damn Act 1 is holding me back :D
Spoiler

Died to rhoas @ mud flats, BUT MELEE POWAR CARRIED ME o7
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
Reached tidal, got hit by a hailrake spear that missed by a mile onscreen, was frozen long enough to get surrounded and have to bail. Reached flats, got hit by rhoa charge that missed by a mile onscreen, was stunlocked long enough to get surrounded and have to bail. Best start ever!

Decided to finish anyway and reached crossings with 10~ mins to go, only to get double aura packs 5 times in a row and be forced to bail on all of them. Managed level 15~ in the end.

And if the chronic desync and excessive rng wasnt enough, i now often have to click 5-10 times to get items to pick up or zone instances to function. Dont suppose we will ever see the current netcode replaced with something that works? Seriously feels like only a full rewrite is going to change anything at this point, ive been playing for a year and theres been absolutely no improvement to date.

GG all, cya next race.
IGN: KoTao
Best gear ive ever gotten in a race. too bad i started late..

Have the points been giving for this race?

I didn't get any points for it. I finished at level 14 (3%) away from 15 but didn't get any points.

Maybe they haven't been given out yet?
best 1h race for me so far in OB. Top 100 and #7 witch.
if i would just manage to not run into every and each dead end in upper submerged and upper prison ... also the forest was full of trees instead of apes which hid behind those trees ...

Not to tap dance on anyone's misfortunes but I am glad to see it wasn't just me having a prick of a time in this race, had issues with desynch for the first time in about two months.

So much so I died while almost a screen away from Rhoas thought it may of been a mistake on my part only to reroll and get monster I do mean monster rubberbanding and desynch in lower submerged. Had very decent drops I think 3x transmutes while rerunning to hillock which helped me in the race, because the deaths were just facepalm fails still managed a point.

Probably won't complete a full race again if I face more desynch so early, seems like a fairly assured death with my spec of comp ping and fps.

Got a +Q double strike I'll be using in HC though so that made it even-keel for me, the weapon was the only thing I had that was viable with the transmutes RNG kicked my ass today. She was good to me yesterday though so I'm not too sore. :)
Looking to get back into the game with an active friendly guild, league doesn't matter. Preferably one that enjoys the current 2week race format. Cheers!
we need more shadows in the top10 imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info