Anybody want to start a HC with me

I am new to the game. Loved Loved Loved D2 and this is filling that fix. I am planning on rolling a HC ranger. Does anyone want to join the party?
Last bumped on Aug 14, 2018, 9:53:04 PM
New to the game Path of Exile and already going for a HardCore Gameplay. Well, Good Luck, you gonna seriously need it.
HardCore are for the ones who actually KNOWS this game, and have played for most likely years. And an actual HardCore experienced player wouldn´t waste their time on an Amateur.
Not that an experienced player would help you out and such with things to get you going, but quite simply because this is such a huge game and so many things to get into, that you will realise that you know actually nothing about this game until you played for quite some time.

I´m actually saying this to be nice, not to be rude. Even though you may not believe it.
"
Kundarin wrote:
New to the game Path of Exile and already going for a HardCore Gameplay. Well, Good Luck, you gonna seriously need it.
HardCore are for the ones who actually KNOWS this game, and have played for most likely years. And an actual HardCore experienced player wouldn´t waste their time on an Amateur.
Not that an experienced player would help you out and such with things to get you going, but quite simply because this is such a huge game and so many things to get into, that you will realise that you know actually nothing about this game until you played for quite some time.

I´m actually saying this to be nice, not to be rude. Even though you may not believe it.

I agree with what you are saying to an extent. You do need to know the basics of the game for survivability, getting your resistances capped, proper use of defensive flasks if needed but no reason why someone shouldnt try out HC to see if they prefer it to SC.

I started playing in abyss league, skipped bestiary and have played alot this league so I know a fair bit about poe. I have given SSF HC a try for the flashback event and am liking it alot so far. Im only in act 5 at the moment but am doing pretty well, if I get to maps I will be happy.

The only thing about HC on xbox that could put people off is the time and cost of gearing a character as stuff on xbox is alot more expensive than pc so putting all your currency into gearing one character to then die because of lag or desync would be shit!
I decided to roll a essence drain/contagion witch. Level 38 currently. I played D2 hardcore for years and years. i am familiar with ARPGs.. so far so good.
"
jmarshall1 wrote:
I decided to roll a essence drain/contagion witch. Level 38 currently. I played D2 hardcore for years and years. i am familiar with ARPGs.. so far so good.

Oh well. Ok. If you say so. GL though.
"
jmarshall1 wrote:

I'm fully SC and I can with care (and an absence of bad luck) get by everything in the Acts (not saying I did it all in one run mind you) except that Act 5 Innocence wipes the mat with me. I might have got through him easier with totems the very first time but totems trivialize many boss mechanics and so I don't really recall how it went - it just wasn't a big deal at the time). If you have cleared Act 5 (Kitava requires some care too) then well done - not much that I can bring to the table. But if not (and it does not violate your game sense), then I would say one of the most effective survival techniques is "google the boss fight first". The makers of POE seem to love a good "gotcha".
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Yah.. due to this being the first play through I have been tp’ing if a boss sketches me out. I learned about dominus blood rain quickly.. lol luckily I was level 37 so I have the area out leveled just a bit. I got myself a bleed flask and will try again tonight. I am taking the content slow and should be in act4 very very soon. I don’t have any friends who play and haven’t used the trade function so up until now it’s been ssf hc.
Hardcore is alot of fun id highly recommend giving it a try.
I jumped straight into hardcore as well, also coming from hardcore Diablo. Never played standard. And now I only play hardcore SSF. I made it to level 85, was just about to hit 86, and was killed so fast by something I am not even sure how I died, it was instant. Only boss that was ever an issue for me was the Act V one, but I breeze by him now. Never killed by Kitava.
Mapping is pretty scary in hardcore, especially SSF, but very enjoyable. I will never roll a non hardcore character, would give up the game quickly out of boredom if I did. Still learning, no one I know plays it, so I learn as go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info