Did i need Resolute Technique with 10% critical chance and 150% multiplier?

lol drop 2 just 2 accuracy nodes to make new build, dont change ur whole tree to get less dps... also some of those accuracy nodes are dps nodes and worth taking anyways...
first off, your using a sword, why would you take resolute technique with a sword? especially if your getting sword nodes.

the whole idea of a sword is that it improve your accuracy. resolute technique makes that unique part of it null and void.

the whole point for taking resolute technique is for non swords wand non crit builds.

if you didnt take the sword, while taking resolute technique, you'd be going with either an axe or mace. the axe choice would give you much higher dps (because thats what it excels at) or the mace which gives you a lower stun threshold.

but because you took the sword, you shouldnt be getting resolute technique, mostly because majority of the sword nodes have accuracy built into them. and thus your wasting points.

also your form of building is very poor, your thinking purly damage and not thinking about how your gonna survive attacks.

you lack a lot of defense. life alone will get you so far, you need regen and armor to balance it out.

especially resistances, you have near nothing. especially when they're so close.

also theres no real theme in your build, no unique feature to help guide where your going. its very generic and in this game thats just poor design. you gotta take into consideration what you'll be using, what needs to be enhanced.

theres a lot of work required to make this workable, and you'll have to figure out exactly what direction you want to take it.

check my signature for how I plan out my builds, especially the ones under thought process. should help you give you an idea of what you need to think of to make your build better
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/120959 My guides
Any build that is about damage and not survival will die when you reach Act 3 of Cruel. So if your goal is to reach level 50 and die a lot, great build.

If you plan on making it to level 70+ and doing maps, then you better buy 20+ orbs of regret, because you are going to need them.
Albane01, i know most of Mara gets mass hp points, and waste a lot of points and take usless passive, just to get them, and if they dont have 6+k, they not leave the town ...
Joking yeah right.
Im lvl 78, and i dont have trouble, my resist are at max 80, 8k armour with iron reflex, and still got to took 50% more armour from passives ...
DarkenDragon, thanks a lot for your answer, i will look at the link, and again thanks for tips and help.
one thing I should note though is that the one unique aspect of swords that is underlooked is the fact that it can counter blocking.

if I were to build a sword build, it would be for this purpose. with resolute technique, you can still have your attacks blocked. thus your not garenteed 100% hit chance.

though the most you can get is 100% but requires a lot of nodes. and a lot of traveling, though I dont quite know if this will make it so the enemy has no block chance, or if the enemy's block chance is cut in half.

so if you went with a resolute technique build, an enemy will still have a 24-30% chance to block, maybe more if they're champions or uniques.

with a sword build, you'll have about a 5-15% chance to miss if you get all anti-block nodes. making the accuracy a better way to go if you were looking at stright hit chance. this is all based on what your accuracy is, and purely on accuracy.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/120959 My guides
Yeah, i think a lot for that.
This is my build and i go for it.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBns2nMPe-OlLfv4ZgVgRhUmCIKLXvTkCgIWAFLWBLeu907V0AxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud0ZLiftrKpZ82UvSk-zMQ0wErzAGpBVp4QaODIJdPHUUgbul3BjF-w4PfwbqojtbUqBOhRxNDgDJwuqFCBQRwH_GNtDnA6tFHXB2HRBVvqKIsDzfPXApvzFZ6CHdkp97hSgnZwnOtieuZ_LKaXUj_PdfLvFivAfBLMUTaIAqWh7jCECKvYhVTkO3D3BBFW18i98uCkuVamXtKy6wQfXfjQ17g4j9u_wWkhOyDWSAec26PyJ6wmt5Ccg

I got 45% reduced enemy block with sword.
Also im infront of Cruel Blade passive in the dex zone, so i can take it(respec other 1 and take this), but i think this will be more imporant for PVP, so if i go for pvp, respect some points and take this. 2 Passive from their, gives me 40% more, so my total chance will be 85%, which is rly good and i do not stray from my way in the build.
Most of people may think, this build isnt quite good, but with good items, work rly, rly nice.
Of course lately, when im 90+, if i see weak spot in my core, i will know what to do and respec some points and place them in other, when i need.
Till now i dont have any trouble in games, and i mostly play alone, do maps, run places, mostly alone. My only trouble was in Dock, but the main problem was i have below 50% fire res, and "DOGS" gives me a lot of trouble, but when i get 80 res, i dont have trouble anymore.
Is it worth to take away 50% dmg and 4% attack speed for 100% critical strike chance, 30% multiplier, from passives ?
SOmeone?
if you go sword stay crit , use lighting strike with chain and lmp imo for aoe

or no chain since it has 60% chance to pierce at 20% quality
Last edited by Assur on Mar 7, 2013, 2:28:47 AM
"
DarkenDragon wrote:
with resolute technique, you can still have your attacks blocked. thus your not garenteed 100% hit chance.

An attack that has been blocked did hit, i.e. you will trigger for instance LoH even if it was blocked.

"
DarkenDragon wrote:

though the most you can get is 100% but requires a lot of nodes. and a lot of traveling, though I dont quite know if this will make it so the enemy has no block chance, or if the enemy's block chance is cut in half.

The chance to hit can never be lower than 5%, nor higher than 95%. Enemies (some of them) will still have a chance to block (which is dependent on the enemy, obviously those soldiers in act III have shields and do indeed block). Block is calculated after evasion checking, I assume if you have RT (100% to hit), the only remaining barrier to connect is block.

My understanding of reduced is that it is additive (I might be wrong - but for increased it works that way), so if you get 100%, that would negate any chance the enemy would block. Is it worth it? It depends on what is the chance enemies have for blocking, if it is 5%, I am not sure that the passive investments is really worth it. Besides, imho there is some advantage in the enemy blocking since they will have a "block recovery" time since it works like a stun.

Resists trolls
Casts Joy
Ninja looter
Spreads tar when tickled
Last edited by skarrmania on Mar 7, 2013, 4:23:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info