What's up with betas in the Metal community?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I dont really listen to music but certainly wouldn't be metal. Might as well get some bolts in a coffee can and shake it up for better. Occasionally I'll listen to a nasheed tho. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasheed the human voice is best instrument I dont care if beethoven #9 vocal or a street performer - god made you the best instrument.

Here, acapella just for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjgFDOP3CsA
I can see that. To me it feels more like a clinical, sterile dystopia like THX1138 or Equilibrium rather than the gritty, dirty dystopia like Children of Man or Blade Runner I tend to imagine.
This thread has become the aural equivalent of men of privilege at a wine-tasting geeking out over bouquet and finish. While such connoisseurism implies the abundance of resources that many women might attractive in a husband, it's all so staid and bourgeois as to beg the question: is it what she desires in a lover?

Here's a notion for you: turn the volume up and stop talking so fucking much.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 10, 2018, 12:18:33 AM
Touche.

Edit: one day I will learn to stay off the computer when I am drinking or suffering from insomnia.
Last edited by FarmerTed on Aug 17, 2018, 10:21:29 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:

Uh these offtopic posts really jank me in a wrong way.

At the risk of offering unsolicited advice (because I've totally never done that before), I say 'jank back'. This thread is the perfect example of that. Started with an unfounded attack on a certain community/fanbase, then was almost effortlessly claimed by what few members of that community might dwell here to prove that attack impotent. Now we share what we love -- metal. :)

We took something negative and made it positive without directly opposing the negative. Why fight fire with fire when you can just take the fuel away and let it splutter out?

That's how you win in these situations.

And that's all I have to say on the matter.

I dont perceive any of your posts as unsolicited, so all ok there.

Yeah I noticed it, but I didn't write that. All I could see for the past few pages actually was people sharing music they like with each other in a positive manner. And then someone comes and says its circlejerk, well then that makes it a broad term if its so lol. (I could even compare it to someone coming to anime thread and saying how its a circlejerk and how disney movies/western art are better with no apparent reasoning or desire to back it up with arguments)

Anyway not to steer too much offtopic in offtopic post about offtopic theme here, metal only constitutes around 40-50% of my library and 16 years of life. Other 40-50% is too many genres not related to metal to list here.

Thing with metal is that it offers equivalence to other genres with its numerous subgenres. Almost any of the popular genres can be found as a hybrid in metal subgenres. That versatility is what makes metal awesome imo.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Aug 10, 2018, 1:45:53 AM
My favourite bands include Blind Guardian, Powerwolf, Nightwish, Sabaton, Alestorm, Amon Amarth, every now and then Stratovarius and a bit of Helloween and sometimes Eskimo Callboy (if you wanna party to metal, these are the guys to go for. Whenever they play in a live concert, the crowd goes WILD once the start playing the first song). Then there's also Van Canto, they make a capella covers of metal songs and also have a few good ones themselves.

There are probably others I'm forgetting...
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
The human voice is the best indtrument

It certainly is. I DO think you're not giving some of the bands out there enough credit though. While yes, a lot of death metal bands tend to use growling a lot, some other groups of other genres have very clear vocals. You might like some of the stuff Nightwish made. Or go straight to Tarja (the group of Nightwish's first lead vocalist).
There are probably a lot more groups like that out there, but I don't know all tha many, sadly. The others here might be able to give you some recommendations though. Believe me, metal has something to offer for pretty much everyone.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Holy hell Wacken 2019 sold out quick.

It most certainly did.
But honestly? I was expecting it to happen even faster. For 2014 it sold out in just 48 hours. Still, even this time it's by no means a surprise though. I mean, it IS their 30 year anniversary AND sabaton's 20 year anniversary. I'm REALLY excited already.

And they still got plenty of groups to announce. I'm quite sure it'll be an outright ridiculous lineup.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I recently discovered this album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBoseBtsoWA

In my mind, comes close to eternally-waiting-for-a-good-sequel Time from Wintersun .
Last edited by dxmzmx on Aug 17, 2018, 7:37:35 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:

I don't think Disrupted is trolling.

Spoiler

Spoiler
alright Ill throw you a bone

Spoiler
keep going
Spoiler
Ill tell you my true intentions
Spoiler
Spoiler
almost there
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
choose your path

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
"
Crackmonster wrote:
*posts*

Oblivious
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I don't think Disrupted is trolling.
Let’s drop the forum stereotypes – we are all non-binary. No one’s a wholly white knight nor an irredeemable shitlord. We are all, to varying degrees, "kidding on the square."
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 17, 2018, 1:29:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info